Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sideways

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Sideways

Has anyone seen this movie? I just got back from the theatre and I loved it! It is slow moving, but thats fine for this kind of movie. I really liked how none of the characters were any more than just regular people, sure the situations they got into were a little extreme but still, I could relate with the characters.

Paul Giamatti was perfect for his role, and out of all the characters I related the most with him. He played it so well! Thomas Haden Church, played the friend that we've all had, that annoys us but pressures us to go along with his stupid plans. It was just a great movie all around!

Favourite line:

Jack: If they want to drink Merlot, we're drinking Merlot.
    Miles: No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any ******* Merlot!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• e komo mai

Love this movie. It makes me want to drink wine everytime I see it. It's hysterical that they go to Solvang. Funny stuff.

My favorite line: "Are you chewing gum?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

We were lucky enough to attend a screening of Sideways very early on... followed by a Q & A session with the cast afterward. I loved the film!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    TC- that would have been so cool! I envy you!
    What an idiot....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

One of the perks of belonging to the Screen Actors Guild.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Nice...
    What an idiot....

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    Has anyone seen this movie? I just got back from the theatre and I loved it!
    It's still playing in the theater?? I got the DVD like a month ago! I heard it was overrated, but that was after all the pre-Oscar hoopla it recieved. Like most of my DVD's it's still unopened...

[edit] Oh, yeah it's you Tui... you're like on the other side of the planet, right? Did it just come out down there??

--Jonathan

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries
    Saw this Film while it was nominated for Best Picture. My Nephew, one of the coolest people in the world, and I caught a late showing on a weeknight and we were the only ones in the theater. It was so cool. It was as if we went on the road trip with them. The movie just kind of unfolded before us and, even though we had no idea where it was heading we enjoyed the ride.
    Last edited by Fishbulb; 05-26-2005 at 05:39 AM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Banned User

Yes! This movie was amazing. Excellent writing/acting. Kinda rare these days...

• Man O Lantern

:o I saw it three times in the theater, the third time in a pub theater, sipping some pinot noir. And when the "I'm am NOT drinking *$&#Q merlot!" came, everyone in the theater shouted it. It was awesome.

I've read the book, too. It's a bit different (much sexier, too) but I love them both equally. I bought the DVD as soon as it came out and we've watched it a few more times. There's something about it that's so touching and tragic and freaking hilarious. I truly love this movie.

This weekend, inspired by the movie, we're doing our own Sideways weekend through the Willamette Valley..... www.willamettewines.com We've found about 12 places that we for sure want to visit....Argyle is on our list (they'll be on the cover of Wine Spectator this month and they make incredible sparkling wines and a good pinot).

• e komo mai

stink~
    Make sure you go to Solvang!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    stink~
    Make sure you go to Solvang!
    Bwahaha!! I've been to Solvang more times than I can count!!! My great-grandma lived there!

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Bwahaha!! I've been to Solvang more times than I can count!!! My great-grandma lived there!
    Cool! Did she make abelskivers? Love those.

The last time I was there, music from the attraction 'It's a Small World' was playing over the town speakers. It was very fitting.

Did you see the 'King of the Hill' version of Solvang? Hank goes there to replace Peggy's garden gnome. The name of their town was New Hoffensheim.

• The Original ;)

I'm going to Solvang on Saturday.

I was really distracted the first time I watch Sideways because, growing up around there, basically the whole time I was watching it I was saying things like, "oh, i love that restaurant; hey, that's where I bought my car; oooh, my good friend was married there!" so I missed a lot of the movie the first time and I really need to watch it again.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Cool! Did she make abelskivers? Love those.
    Her maiden name was Knepper and she made greasy duck and weird things with potatoes and onions and lots of pastries.

But if you've also been to Leavenworth, WA, Solvang is normal.

Leavenworth:

They don't play It's a Small World, it's solely polka music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast