• wasting time

Reality Show To Find New INXS Singer

Dave Navarro, former guitarist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jane's Addiction, and TV personality Brooke Burke will host CBS' "Rock Star: INXS," produced by Mark Burnett.

The show will premiere July 11, the network said Tuesday. It will begin with 15 contestants living together in a Hollywood Hills home. The winner will become the lead singer of INXS and will go on a world tour with the band, known for their hits "What You Need" and "Need You Tonight."

The band has used guest vocalists since Michael Hutchence died in 1997.

CBS said "Rock Star" will air three times a week. Monday will focus on contestants' relationships and activities, while Tuesday and Wednesday will feature the competition and who goes home.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050525/...c_reality_show

• Man O Lantern

OMG. We saw the ad for the show last week and they do this big build-up and then the band is.......INXS. We were cracking up like, uh, yeah, it really worked out great for their last lead singer. :devil: And who cares about INXS.

Then I remembered that INXS is big in different parts of the world.....notsomuch here, so it might be a big deal to someone. Just not me. We won't be watching.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    OMG. We saw the ad for the show last week and they do this big build-up and then the band is.......INXS. We were cracking up like, uh, yeah, it really worked out great for their last lead singer. :devil: And who cares about INXS.
    Heh. The first thing I thought when I saw that article was..."Hmm, good luck with THAT."
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    A couple guys I know actually went and auditioned for that when they did auditions in Orlando. They both said it was kinda weird.

INXS just is not the same without Michael. These guys should just reinvent themselves with a new name with a new singer. Joy Division without Ian Curtis became New Order. Bauhaus without Peter Murphy became Love & Rockets. Nothing wrong with it. All I can say is if they want to continue under the name INXS, they had better find someone who sounds exactly like Michael. Journey found a Steve Perry sound-alike, so I know it's possible.

• The Original ;)

My best friend e-mailed me about this last week. It just seems kind of stupid and sad to me. But I hate reality TV in general, so maybe it's just me.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss