Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• For You!

Do you really have to feel the movie?

Okay, this is an ongoing battle with my husband. A few years ago he bought a 60 inch big screen and spent a fortune on cables and surround sound. He insists that you have to feel a movie to enjoy it. Basically, the whole house rattles.

My argument is that I enjoy my hearing and am constantly asking him to turn down the volume. He says that I'm a woman and just don't understand.

So, men, and women - what's your take on volume and thumping bass sounds??

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• up to no good

Re: Do you really have to feel the movie?

HMMM...

I for one dont like the tv to loud but if the surround sound is on I can appreciate watching the movie cause it does bring out alot of the background in the movie.

I hope this make sense..
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

I love to hear the movie all around me as well..hearing the bullets pass by , or that i'm at a concert again*sigh* ...there is no point in having a 60" plasma without some good sound is what i say, but that's just me =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• For You!

I enjoy the surround sound, but he listens to it so loudly!!! The floor and walls literally rattle!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I love the bass. I think many people are going through a phase now in technology where we want to act like we are a part of the movie. We want to pretend that we are right next to the characters while sitting on our lounge chairs, eating popcorn, at home.

Plus many people want to experience theatre like quality in their own home .

We don't blast our surround sound system, but turn it up a good amount.

I like hearing all the little sound effects that are usually un-noticed when the surround sound is not turned on.

If a movie or show is good, it's good...regardless of what you watch it on....but hey....I'm just another woman! haha!

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Okay, this is an ongoing battle with my husband. A few years ago he bought a 60 inch big screen and spent a fortune on cables and surround sound. He insists that you have to feel a movie to enjoy it. Basically, the whole house rattles.

My argument is that I enjoy my hearing and am constantly asking him to turn down the volume. He says that I'm a woman and just don't understand.

So, men, and women - what's your take on volume and thumping bass sounds??
    *sigh*

I think your hubby is my hubby's long-lost twin! At our old apartment we were ALWAYS incurring the neighbors' wrath by playing movies as loud as possible. I enjoy surround sound and effects, but I don't like the volume at max.

Yeah, I guess it's a guy vs. girl thing. I don't get it either.
    She did it!

• Directly directed

I don't like the loudness at the movies so definitely not for me. But maybe I'm a woman and just don't understand

• Minion

Must be a guy thing My ex and I used to fight about this same topic as well.

• Fastest Man Alive

If its a sports game, or an action/adventure show- YOU BET. My only concern is pestering the neighbors. Watching the news or TV sitcoms, turn it down- no one needs a 120 decibel laughtrack rattling the neighborhood.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

nowadays, I cannot watch any movie without surround sound... just hope that he doesn't find "armed chair" which is a device that moves around that you sit on like a motion simulator to whatever you watch. I also love that thump that speakers produce... I had to have my movie room coated in curtains to help stop the sound and rattling. I also cant watch any movie on a small screen anymore... I have a projected screen with curtains all arround and 2 400 watt floor standing speakers with 12 inch subs (4 subs each) and also 2 satallite speakers... 100 watts each. I love it and connot live without it... lol

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    nowadays, I cannot watch any movie without surround sound... just hope that he doesn't find "armed chair" which is a device that moves around that you sit on like a motion simulator to whatever you watch. I also love that thump that speakers produce... I had to have my movie room coated in curtains to help stop the sound and rattling. I also cant watch any movie on a small screen anymore... I have a projected screen with curtains all arround and 2 400 watt floor standing speakers with 12 inch subs (4 subs each) and also 2 satallite speakers... 100 watts each. I love it and connot live without it... lol
    I'm trying to decide what shade of envy I am right now. Kelly Green? Hunter Green? I dunno. I want your system, but alas, I am poor.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I'm trying to decide what shade of envy I am right now. Kelly Green? Hunter Green? I dunno. I want your system, but alas, I am poor.
    haha.... luckily... this system I got for free... origionally just the amplifier cost $800, the two floor standing speakers cost about 300 each.

here are some pictures of the set-up.

here you can see the top of the two floorstanding speakers.

and here is one of the speakers them selves... about 3 feet tall. each one has 2 subs, 1 horn, 1 tweeter.

this is the 'control' lol... houses the amp,dvd/vhs player, pre amplifier, processing unit, and channel select.

screen!! it can go about another 2 feet down, but with movies that doesn't do too good since most are wide screen.

• For You!

Please, please, please!!!! Don't show my husband!!!

• Huh?

If I'm gonna watch crap, I wanna see and hear the crap in the best possible way!
    -Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast