Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Day LA

• Minion

Good Day LA

Anyone else here watch Fox 11 Morning News or Good Day LA?
    I'v been waking up at 5:30 every school day morning just to watch since 6th grade, (i'm now in 9th)
    I think they do a great job at getting the news out there, while offering a ton of entertainment

• love my friends

Re: Good Day LA

Quote Originally Posted by pveticket View Post
    I'v been waking up at 5:30 every school day morning just to watch since 6th grade, (i'm now in 9th)
    I think they do a great job at getting the news out there, while offering a ton of entertainment

used to watch it everyday for 7 years when we lived in fullerton. (we moved to vegas in september) I wil miss good day la .. they ahve fox here but it isnt the same as it was there with jillian, etc..

Friends for life

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pveticket View Post
    I think the Morning News is OK...but I can't stand Good Day LA. Too gossipy, too much shouting, Dorothy and Jillian are just too far over the top for my tastes. Too bad because I've been a fan of Steve Edwards for years. If I'm watching TV at 7AM, it's usually either the Today Show, or "Cold Pizza" on ESPN-2.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So glad Chicago has much local news to choose from. However in the morning, I am more likely to listen to the radio. By the way, I am also a sometimes viewer of "Cold Pizza".
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I'm with Barry on this one. Too over the top. I think it's a generational thing .

If I watch the news in the morning, and that's a big if, it's KTLA Morning news; but the last few times I've watched I've had the impression they've changed their format to attract the coveted younger audience.

• World Traveler

The morning news (6 AM - 7 AM) is the only real new I watch. I'm at work during the midday newscast and the last thing I want to hear about when I get home is about murders, stabbings, rapes, child molesters, etc ...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I used to watch it but I am either at work or sleeping at that time now I love Dorothy! I got to meet her once (went to a few tapings a few summers ago when they were at Hollywood and Highland for a week). It was SO awesome... I got my pic w/her and all.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I used to watch, too, but not so much anymore. I was pregnant at the same time as Dorothy, and then I stayed home for 2 years, so they were my fake news friends every day. Jillian just gets trashier and trashier though. She doesn't look like she got dressed for work, she looks like she just got home from being out all night. It was interesting watching the other news people catch on and change their wardrobes, too.
    A signature should go here.

• insufferable know-it-all

Every morning!

Didn't Lisa have the most adorable blue dress on yesterday???

I like Dorothy, I'm kinda half and half on Jillian. Probably mostly because they give her the ditzy segments. Hate the stupid fashion segments, and I think they could cut down just a little on the gossip ones.

But overall, it's a fun format, and the personalities work. Gotta love a show where even the 2nd string hosts are great (the people they get from the morning news show). Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing them use the 2nd string people more regularly, not just as replacements but adding them to the show here and there more often. Just because I like them.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I've ridden a few rollercoasters with Tony McEwing, he's a really nice guy.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I started watching KTLA Morning News when it began in July 1991. I watched religiously until they broke my heart in 2001 when Barbara Beck left. I still watched, but then Jennifer York left a couple/few years ago (another break of my heart) - so I don't watch all that much anymore.

At the gym, they play FOX, so I see them early - and Rick Dickert is actually a good traffic reporter....so I watch them in the early show.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    I've ridden a few rollercoasters with Tony McEwing, he's a really nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    IAt the gym, they play FOX, so I see them early - and Rick Dickert is actually a good traffic reporter....so I watch them in the early show.
    Handsome and handsome. That's all I know about that!
    A signature should go here.

I watch it on and off, more off than on. I like Steve, Rick, Tony, Dorothy, Lisa, and even the field reporters. Jillian is generally annoying. Remember when she got flowers from Britney and Kevin? She was so excited. Does she still stick up for Britney? My husband hates GDLA so if I have it on and he's home he'll change it. My mom still watches it though. They definitely wake you up. I used to watch them more before I started drinking coffee or tea every morning. Remember when Steve used to dye his hair? I was so glad when he let it go gray. His dye jobs were bad. It made his hair appear to glow on the tube.

• Winter in Oceanside...

But now Steve needs to get rid of the gotee (sp?). It makes him look so old!

And I love Rick Dickert!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    But now Steve needs to get rid of the gotee (sp?). It makes him look so old!

And I love Rick Dickert!
    me toooooo rick is the best

Friends for life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast