Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Too far from Disney World

Difference in Disney Store Merchandise??

My boyfriend and I went to visit our friends in Columbus Ohio this weekend (we live a little north of Cincinnati). Despite the snow, the men were good enough to indulge us girls with a trip to the Polaris Mall Disney store on Sunday (my friend collects Mickey and I collect the Duck). As I was at the Tri-County Mall Disney Store in Cincinnati last week, I figured that I'd have all the new stuff that was out already. But hey, I'm always up for a trip to the Disney store!

We walked in and I found a bunch of stuff our local Disney store didn't have! There was a Daisy long-sleeved t-shirt with her name in jewels beneath it, there were Donald and Daisy socks, there were Donald bath gloves and an adorable Crocodile with a clock on his stomach from Peter Pan! My local store carried similar items in other characters, but not the duck stuff.

So this leads me to my question: Do the Disney stores carry different merchandise? I know my store is one of the old style ones that haven't been destroyed and revamped yet (still have the old characters on the wall) and the Polaris store is one of the newer ones that have the giant Mickey Mouse head as an entrance...
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Huh?

Re: Difference in Disney Store Merchandise??

Wait... are you saying that you came all the way up here and didn't even bother to invite me along?! I feel so unwanted.
    -Tim

LOL

I'm so sorry. I don't know where everyone lives!

And if it helps any, there weren't many people in the mall so we left plenty of the stuff for you at the Disney store!

• Huh?

But, I already spent all of my money on rent and cameras and cleaning supplies and other needed items!
    -Tim

• Shablagoo!

I've sen differences too between stores, but I think it is just a difference in when the merchandise arrives. When the Studio collection first came out my local store got it, but a week later the next nearest store had not got it yet (they did eventually).

• You Spin Me Right Round

there are slight differences between the merchandise, but the style of store (i.e. Storybook, Castle, Mickey, etc) shouldn't matter.

• I was deleted.

What you are talking about is the re-introduction of adult clothing, along with the Studio collection, and the Neverland/Peter Pan items.

After two years of owning TDS, TCP has re-introduced adult clothing into the stores. (Remember that when they bought the stores product had been bought, selected, etc about six months in advance.) Anyway, there are two different main areas besides the Studio Collection - Modern and Traditional. Traditional has shirts, polos, etc. Modern has more trendy clothing (fitted shirts/screen like prints), flip flops, denim (pants and skirts, currently just for women) and bags. All shirts and shoes come in styles for both men and women with a variety of characters and character families.

The Studio collection has stuff for the entire family with the sketch style. Currently the stores have: long PJs for kids, shirts with characters as pairs (ie Kermit/Miss Piggy, Mickey/Minnie), Picture frames, pillows, miniature mugs, and notecubes.

With the re-release of Peter Pan to DVD, this time to a 2-disc, there are some great things for Peter Pan as well. This includes Peter & Hook action figures, a new PVC Figurine set, Wendy, Peter, Hook, and TicToc Plush (Tink is also there, but not a part of the 2/$20). Along with this is the Neverland collection that is mainly for infants with baby looking Peter, Wendy, and TicToc plush, clothing, infant gym, and growth chart. There is also the Fairies collection of adorable girls clothing, toys, room decor, etc.

So I really suggest that with this AND the cute Valentine's items and the END of the semi-annual sale that you take look at your local Disney Store real soon if you haven't been there in a while.

• rockin butter sponge!

If you want the BEST Disney Store with the highest quality merchandise... go to London. Seriously, i stayed in the London store for hours! It's where i got my uber-soft, floppy, cuddly, classic looking Heffalumps for me and my guy. Lately i have been cheating on standard US merch and going right to the UK Disneystore website and ordering. It's expensive, but the quality is worth it, and the difference!

I'd LOVE to go to the London Disney store! One of my friends from high school married an Englishman and when they went to visit his family for the first time she brought me back a fantastic statue of Donald standing on a film reel. I've looked all over for the matching Daisy and have yet to be able to find it!

But I'm in my Disney Store every other day. They know me in there and I've been offered a job many times! lol

I just noticed that the store up in Columbus had more selection then my store. When I found the dark green croc from Peter Pan I remember telling my dad it would be great if they had one with a clock in it and when we got to Columbus they had a light green one that had a clock on it's stomach! I'm not complaining that I found new stuff, I was just wondering if some stores get things and others don't?

• You Spin Me Right Round

Yeah, the London store is the flagship store, and it is owned by disney, not TCP

In the last two weeks, I've been in Disney Stores in Torrance, CA and Pembroke Pines, FL. and found the merchandise in both to be basically the same (and I don't mean that in a good way).

They both had the Studio Collection and (finally!) adult polos, but the polos were bland and generic and the SC didn't do much for me except for a Roger and Jessica Rabbit tee that I didn't buy.

The stores are still essentially loaded with junk. I was hoping for more positive things until TCP leadership, but haven't seen it yet.

I did, however, enjoy 45 minutes at the newly permanent AMS Character Warehouse in Las Vegas last week. If someone is looking for DL 50th merchandise and even collectable stuff ... I'd advise a visit. It's just down the Strip about 5 minutes from Mandalay Bay.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Ok i went to the mall today and that included the Disney Store... WOW! I had NO idea that they were changing back into having GOOD stuff again! Of course I loved the Peter Pan stuff (NO TINK plush, sadly, but the Peter one was tempting - SO cute!) and they have some really cute Easter items out now. Plus more shirts (no polos), purses, mugs and stuff. It's def. still more child oriented but I was really impressed w/the items they had for grownups and it does make me want to go there more often. (At least to buy the rest of the Easter plates )
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Of course I loved the Peter Pan stuff (NO TINK plush, sadly, but the Peter one was tempting - SO cute!)
    D-stores do have tink plush in the rag doll princess collection.... maybe the store you visited was out of them (I know our stores down to like 2)

Also... all Studio merch is down to $4.99 (shirts [adult /kids], mugs, hats, all of it!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Also... all Studio merch is down to $4.99 (shirts [adult /kids], mugs, hats, all of it!!)
    Guess that means I have to stop off at my Disney Store on the way home today

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    D-stores do have tink plush in the rag doll princess collection.... maybe the store you visited was out of them (I know our stores down to like 2)
    Must have been All they had was a Peter Pan (too cute!) and a Wendy (didn't look like her) and very cute bigger Tic Toc Dragon. They were all in the baby section I suppose. No other Pan character lush at all. It's ok... I would have just spent more! I am convincing myself I need all f the Babmi egg plates so I'll e going back there soon anyway I suppose
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast