Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Police to reunite for Grammys / Tour

Didn't see this posted yet:

http://www.side-line.com/news_commen...d=P20272_0_2_0

Remember that we posted about the post punk band The Police reuniting in our blog ? And although the reunion news is still not being officially confirmed, we will go a step further now as we can reveal that The Police will open the Grammy Music Awards show on February 11, 2007. This will be the band's very first public performance since their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and will lead to around 80 live dates to follow. The Police was one of the first bands bringing energy and musical sophistication to the New Wave and Punk movement and became among the first post-punk success stories. Singles as "Roxanne", "Message in a Bottle", "Don't Stand So Close to Me", "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" and "Every Breath You Take" were key tracks from each of their five studio albums. Their final studio album, the very electronic "Synchronicity", topped the American charts for 17 weeks. The Police are Stewart Copeland (drums; born July 16, 1952), Sting (bass, vocals; born October 2, 1951) and Andy Summers (guitar; born December 31, 1942). For more info check www.stingus.net.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Police to reunite for Grammys / Tour

*crosses fingers tightly*

one of my biggest concert regrets was not seeing them on the Syncronicity tour!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Married and happy again!!

I'll be wishing on a shooting star that this will be true.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Wow, The Year of A Million Dreams is for real....

POP MUSIC
    The Police to reunite at Grammys

The British trio also confirms it will celebrate its 30th anniversary with a concert tour.

By Geoff Boucher
    Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
    January 30, 2007

The rumors are true: The Police will reunite for a performance that will open the broadcast of the 49th Annual Grammy awards at Staples Center on Feb. 11, the Recording Academy announced early Tuesday.

The British trio of Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland have set aside their legendary animus for one another to revive one of the most popular rock bands ever and, in the weeks after the awards gala, they are expected to announce a concert tour that will certainly be one of the hottest tickets of the year.

For fans, the announcement is cause for excitement but not shock; the band members have been talking publicly in recent months about a negotiated reunion to celebrate the band's 30th anniversary as a rock 'n' roll enterprise.

The band split in 1984 after seven years and five studio albums jammed with memorable, often reggae-influenced hits, among them "Roxanne," "Every Little She Does is Magic," "Spirits in the Material World," "Wrapped Around Your Finger" and the 1980s signature song of love-as-obsession, "Every Breath You Take," which won the 1983 Grammy for song of the year.

The song title that best described their attitude toward one another by the mid-1980s, however, may have been "Don't Stand So Close to Me," especially as Summers and Copeland chafed under Sting's push for more artistic control. He got his wish with a solo career and his estranged band mates kept busy with numerous and respected projects through years but never came close to matching the singer's commercial success.

The trio did call a ceasefire in their personal feuds long enough to play at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in New York City in 2003.

Now singer-bassist Sting, guitarist Summers and drummer Copeland will come to Los Angeles and play the Grammys 30 years to the month after the Police released their debut single, "Fall Out." That anniversary and tie-in releases scheduled this year of music from the band's archives has been cited as the motivation for the thaw between the band members.

The Grammys will air on CBS and scheduled performers this year include Justin Timberlake, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mary J. Blige, John Legend, John Mayer, Gnarls Barkley and the Dixie Chicks.
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...dlines-entnews
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Now I have a reason to watch the Grammys!

If they tour... I am SOOOOO there!

• Senior Minion

I saw this yesterday, it is good news! I would love to see them in concert.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• This space for rent

I'll probbaly watch the Grammys now just for this. they prob won't come anywhere too close to me on tour, but I'll be happy if they shoot their tour in Hi-Def and put it on one of the HD channels, I love watching HD concerts, next best thing to being there live for me.

• Minion

Saw them in concert many years ago.......
    Very good. Sting played an upright bass fiddle & actually stood on it while playing. Love to see them again.
    Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

i hope someone is paying attn to get tickets

• This space for rent

I thought they sounded great tonight.

I totally forgot and missed it! I am sooooo mad at myself!

• This space for rent

I've read the shooting gallery at MK is great for getting your frustrations out.

Quote Originally Posted by Baghira View Post
    I've read the shooting gallery at MK is great for getting your frustrations out.
    Wonderpup would know better than me.

• Super saucy pixie!

Loved their performance tonight! They sounded amazing, and Sting looked amazing as ever, too! :P
    I hope they tour, because if they do, I AM SO THERE!!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    Sting looked amazing as ever, too! :P
    I can't believe he's 55! All I can say is "WOW!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast