View Poll Results: Which one deserves best picture?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Babel

    0 0%
  • The Queen

    2 9.52%
  • Letters From Iwo Jima

    1 4.76%
  • Little Miss Sunshine

    6 28.57%
  • The Departed

    12 57.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,365

    Cool Oscar nominated movies..

    Babel
    The Departed
    Letters From Iwo Jima
    Little Miss Sunshine
    The Queen

    Which would you vote for best picture and why?

  2. #2

    • Directly directed
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    None of the Above.

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,365

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    None of the Above.
    So I'm guess you don't like movies then? Because they were all fantastic in their own way and I couldn't see nominating anything else besides those.

  4. #4

    • I love loop jokes.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northridge, CA
    Posts
    802

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    I haven't seen any of those movies. But the one I'd like to see the most would be The Queen.
    Anyone seen it? Thoughts?

  5. #5

    • World Traveler
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Aventura, FL
    Posts
    4,016

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    I've only seen "The Queen" and "Little Miss Sunshine." Of those two, I'd vote for Little Miss.


  6. #6

    • Bring Me Two Piña Coladas
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Aples Center
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    After Walk The Line and Joaquin Phoenix got punked and insulted last year by not winning, I coudln't give a damn about any of these lame movies.

    My vote is for Borat

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,365

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    If you vote for Borat you show your own ignorance and support a movie where the guy walks into a gun store and asks what kind of gun is best to shoot a Jew with. I'm sorry, worst movie ever.

  8. #8

    • Directly directed
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    So I'm guess you don't like movies then? Because they were all fantastic in their own way and I couldn't see nominating anything else besides those.
    Not at all. I love movies. I don't like the ones picked.

  9. #9

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,158
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    If you vote for Borat you show your own ignorance and support a movie where the guy walks into a gun store and asks what kind of gun is best to shoot a Jew with. I'm sorry, worst movie ever.
    A little high and mighty?

    Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    I haven't seen any of those movies. But the one I'd like to see the most would be The Queen.
    Anyone seen it? Thoughts?
    I saw The Queen, only one on the list I've seen, and really enjoyed it.

  10. #10

    • And they call me Mad!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your Mind
    Posts
    10,962
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    If you vote for Borat you show your own ignorance and support a movie where the guy walks into a gun store and asks what kind of gun is best to shoot a Jew with. I'm sorry, worst movie ever.
    Don't ask people's opinion and then bash them for it. Who do you think you are? Honestly.
    What an idiot....

    Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.


  11. #11

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    Don't ask people's opinion and then bash them for it. Who do you think you are? Honestly.
    What he said. Like you, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,365

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    What he said. Like you, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
    I'm sorry but as somebody with Jewish friends that highly disturbs me that people think that kind of crap is funny.

  13. #13

    • And they call me Mad!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your Mind
    Posts
    10,962
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I'm sorry but as somebody with Jewish friends that highly disturbs me that people think that kind of crap is funny.
    Well EW, I'm afraid you're showing your own ignorance in this matter.

    Borat, as a film, does not mock Jewish people (Sasha Baron Cohen himself is Jewish.) Borat, as a character, does, but it is done to show people what is wrong with society.

    The film points out how closed minded our society actually is. Why do you have an issue with a movie that calls out anti-semitics, racists, homophobes and other people that can't get their mind past their own hate? Borat is not Dumb and Dumber or Dodgeball, you can't just judge the film by whats on the surface. It's the deeper meaning that actually matters. Mature movie goers laugh for the right reasons, immature movie goers laugh for the wrong reasons or choose to not laugh at all and cause a fuss about something that is simply not true.
    What an idiot....

    Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.


  14. #14

    • Feeling LOVED
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    1,300

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    Well EW, I'm afraid you're showing your own ignorance in this matter.

    Borat, as a film, does not mock Jewish people (Sasha Baron Cohen himself is Jewish.) Borat, as a character, does, but it is done to show people what is wrong with society.

    The film points out how closed minded our society actually is. Why do you have an issue with a movie that calls out anti-semitics, racists, homophobes and other people that can't get their mind past their own hate? Borat is not Dumb and Dumber or Dodgeball, you can't just judge the film by whats on the surface. It's the deeper meaning that actually matters. Mature movie goers laugh for the right reasons, immature movie goers laugh for the wrong reasons or choose to not laugh at all and cause a fuss about something that is simply not true.
    Amen Tui....
    HEARTS CLUB !!

  15. #15

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,398

    Re: Oscar nominated movies..

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    If you vote for Borat you show your own ignorance and support a movie where the guy walks into a gun store and asks what kind of gun is best to shoot a Jew with. I'm sorry, worst movie ever.
    I think you might have missed the entire point of the movie completely.

    And just for the record... i have a a few Jewish friends who absolutely loved it.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AMPAS hosts Oscar-nominated Animated Feature symposium 2/19
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 01:14 PM
  2. The 25 movies you need to see before Oscar night
    By Nancywitt in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 11:43 AM
  3. Eisner Nominated for Disney Legend Award
    By Uncle Bob in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 09:30 AM
  4. Potc 2 Dmc To Be Nominated For A Golden Globe?
    By WatchYourHeadNStep in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 11:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •