Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I was deleted.

National 'Dream Jobs' Survey Reveals Four Out of Five U.S. Workers - Yahoo - 01/25/07

Press Release via Yahoo! - January 25, 2007
    National 'Dream Jobs' Survey Reveals Four Out of Five U.S. Workers Are Still Searching For Their Dream Jobs

Fun Outweighs Money as Most Important Attribute in Dream Job

CHICAGO, Jan. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- CareerBuilder.com today announced the results of a national consumer employment survey conducted by Harris Interactive that reveals nearly four out of five U.S. workers (84 percent) are not currently in their dream job. More than 6,000 respondents were polled, weighing in with their thoughts and insights regarding top dream job choices for different professions and regions. The announcement coincides with CareerBuilder.com's and Disney Parks' national search which will give Americans the opportunity to live out their Disney Parks "Dream Job" for a day.
    Disney Park Dream Jobs

The majority of U.S. workers surveyed thought it would be fun to work at a Disney theme park (57 percent). Most respondents dreamed of navigating the waters as a Jungle Cruise Skipper (28 percent) while others chose to take the royal route and see if the glass slipper fit as a Fantasyland Princess-in- Waiting (20 percent). Still other respondents wanted to get chills and thrills by being a Haunted Mansion Butler or Maid (19 percent).

Where Dream Jobs Come True

As Disney is traditionally the place 'Where Dreams Come True,' Disney's domestic theme parks are giving Americans the chance to live out their "Dream Jobs" in conjunction with its "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration. Interested parties 18 years and older are invited to submit their virtual resumes online from January 24 through February 20 at http://www.careerbuilder.com/disneydreamjobs to win the opportunity to work at a Disney theme park for one day. Participants will be asked to showcase their most original and creative Disney resumes including why they want to work at a Disney Park, qualifications and skills for their desired position, as well as why this is their Disney Parks "Dream Job." Five finalists will be selected for each "Dream Job" by the public to win the chance to become a Jungle Cruise Skipper, Haunted Mansion Butler or Maid, Apprentice Pirate, Fantasyland Princess-in-Waiting or a Disney Park Parade Performer. Winners will receive a trip to the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California in June 2007 where they will live out their dream jobs. Complete rules and regulations can be found at the above website.

Full Article available here: National 'Dream Jobs' Survey Reveals Four Out of Five U.S. Workers Are Still Searching For Their Dream Jobs

• white and nerdy

Re: National 'Dream Jobs' Survey Reveals Four Out of Five U.S. Workers - Yahoo - 01/2

Wow. Lucky us who are or were there.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Senior Minion

Re: National 'Dream Jobs' Survey Reveals Four Out of Five U.S. Workers - Yahoo - 01/2

Thanks for information BPF! It would bring out the best if it were possible for folks to make an adequate living wage.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Thanks Piglet for the info. When my husband retires in 20 years (yes we are already planning it) we are going to move to Orlando and get a job at WDW. But for now, I may have to enter this contest. It looks like fun!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Thanks for information BPF! It would bring out the best if it were possible for folks to make an adequate living wage.
    Well considering it's only for a day - it's probably more for the concept of fun and the overall experience. If they're lucky, they will also get some nice media attentention for Disney Casting (information is in the Press Release, but the actual even in June might "movitate" some.)

• Basking in birthday love

That sounds like a lot of fun, but I can honestly and wholeheartedly say that I hope I'm not on the dock on the winner's Very Special Day. We have enough problems with people who've completed their training...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

CareerBuilder.com survey says 57% of people think DisneyParks job would be "DreamJob"

Thought this press release was interesting: http://www.disneylandnews.com/articl...article_id=206

More than 6,000 respondents were polled, weighing in with their thoughts and insights regarding top dream job choices for different professions and regions. The announcement coincides with CareerBuilder.com’s and Disney Parks’ national search which will give Americans the opportunity to live out their Disney Parks “Dream Job” for a day.

Key Dream Job Attributes
    Salary was one of the least important factors in determining a dream job. Money ranked third (12 percent) compared to having fun at work (39 percent) which topped the list, followed by making a difference in society (17 percent). Rounding out the bottom three attributes were traveling and seeing the world (5 percent) and being creative within a position (5 percent).

Disney Park Dream Jobs
    The majority of U.S. workers surveyed thought it would be fun to work at a Disney theme park (57 percent). Most respondents dreamed of navigating the waters as a Jungle Cruise Skipper (28 percent) while others chose to take the royal route and see if the glass slipper fit as a Fantasyland Princess-in-Waiting (20 percent). Still other respondents wanted to get chills and thrills by being a Haunted Mansion Butler or Maid (19 percent).

As Disney is traditionally the place ‘Where Dreams Come True,’ Disney’s domestic theme parks are giving Americans the chance to live out their “Dream Jobs” in conjunction with its “Year of a Million Dreams” celebration. Interested parties 18 years and older are invited to submit their virtual resumes online from January 24 through February 20 at www.careerbuilder.com/disneydreamjobs to win the opportunity to work at a Disney theme park for one day. Participants will be asked to showcase their most original and creative Disney resumes including why they want to work at a Disney Park, qualifications and skills for their desired position, as well as why this is their Disney Parks “Dream Job.” Five finalists will be selected for each “Dream Job” by the public to win the chance to become a Jungle Cruise Skipper, Haunted Mansion Butler or Maid, Apprentice Pirate, Fantasyland Princess-in-Waiting or a Disney Park Parade Performer. Winners will receive a trip to the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California in June 2007 where they will live out their dream jobs. Complete rules and regulations can be found at the above website.

------------------------

I bet salary would be a bigger issue for people if they really knew the wages the Disneyland Resort gives its CMs.

And a sweepstakes to work for a day? In a theme park? Really?
    Strange.

I'd work for a day at Google. Or Apple, Inc. Or Imagineering.

But really. A job at Disneyland for a day. Really? There are so many better things to do for a day, like just going to the park... not working at the park!

• I was deleted.

Re: CareerBuilder.com survey says 57% of people think DisneyParks job would be "Dream

National 'Dream Jobs' Survey Reveals Four Out of Five U.S. Workers - Yahoo - 01/25/07

I remember reading when this study was first released too, summer of 2005 I would want to say - it was quite interesting then and now how they will allow some guests to become CMs for a day. It should be interesting to see if this has any impact at Casting for either US Resort.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: CareerBuilder.com survey says 57% of people think DisneyParks job would be "Dream

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post

I remember reading when this study was first released too, summer of 2005 I would want to say - it was quite interesting then and now how they will allow some guests to become CMs for a day. It should be interesting to see if this has any impact at Casting for either US Resort.
    My bad for missing the other thread.

But ultimately, I don't think that this will help casting, at least not at Disneyland. People need money to survive, and Disney just isnt willing to compensate their CMs properly for the jobs they do.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Thought this press release was interesting: http://www.disneylandnews.com/articl...article_id=206
    More than 6,000 respondents were polled, weighing in with their thoughts and insights regarding top dream job choices for different professions and regions. The announcement coincides with CareerBuilder.com’s and Disney Parks’ national search which will give Americans the opportunity to live out their Disney Parks “Dream Job” for a day.
    Key Dream Job Attributes
    Salary was one of the least important factors in determining a dream job. Money ranked third (12 percent) compared to having fun at work (39 percent) which topped the list, followed by making a difference in society (17 percent). Rounding out the bottom three attributes were traveling and seeing the world (5 percent) and being creative within a position (5 percent).
    Disney Park Dream Jobs
    The majority of U.S. workers surveyed thought it would be fun to work at a Disney theme park (57 percent). Most respondents dreamed of navigating the waters as a Jungle Cruise Skipper (28 percent) while others chose to take the royal route and see if the glass slipper fit as a Fantasyland Princess-in-Waiting (20 percent). Still other respondents wanted to get chills and thrills by being a Haunted Mansion Butler or Maid (19 percent).
    As Disney is traditionally the place ‘Where Dreams Come True,’ Disney’s domestic theme parks are giving Americans the chance to live out their “Dream Jobs” in conjunction with its “Year of a Million Dreams” celebration. Interested parties 18 years and older are invited to submit their virtual resumes online from January 24 through February 20 at www.careerbuilder.com/disneydreamjobs to win the opportunity to work at a Disney theme park for one day. Participants will be asked to showcase their most original and creative Disney resumes including why they want to work at a Disney Park, qualifications and skills for their desired position, as well as why this is their Disney Parks “Dream Job.” Five finalists will be selected for each “Dream Job” by the public to win the chance to become a Jungle Cruise Skipper, Haunted Mansion Butler or Maid, Apprentice Pirate, Fantasyland Princess-in-Waiting or a Disney Park Parade Performer. Winners will receive a trip to the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California in June 2007 where they will live out their dream jobs. Complete rules and regulations can be found at the above website.
    ------------------------

I bet salary would be a bigger issue for people if they really knew the wages the Disneyland Resort gives its CMs.

And a sweepstakes to work for a day? In a theme park? Really?
    Strange.

I'd work for a day at Google. Or Apple, Inc. Or Imagineering.

But really. A job at Disneyland for a day. Really? There are so many better things to do for a day, like just going to the park... not working at the park!
    Let's not shatter their illusions

• rockin butter sponge!

I used to think that till i went to the Disney Jobs section over at Disney.com where it actually lists the wages for each job.
    Nice wages for 1998. Horrible wages for 2007.

Soon, Disney will start charging people to work at Disneyland.

... unbelievable!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    My bad for missing the other thread.

But ultimately, I don't think that this will help casting, at least not at Disneyland. People need money to survive, and Disney just isnt willing to compensate their CMs properly for the jobs they do.
    It's okay, we all do it.

Maybe it will impact a few snow birds or future snow birds though?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I wonder if they will hire former CM's?

Probably not, but I might enter anyways, just for the chance at a free trip to the park! Its been so long......
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Big Kid

They're not going to actually WORK there. According to the Careerbuilder.com contest rules:
    Each Grand Prize is a trip for winner and up to three (3) guests to Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, California from June 9 to 12, 2007 consisting of round-trip coach-class air transportation for four (4) persons from the major commercial airport with regularly scheduled flights nearest winner’s permanent residence to a Southern California airport as chosen by Sponsor, four (4) days/three (3) nights hotel accommodations (one standard room, quad occupancy, room and tax only) at a hotel located near the Disneyland® Resort as designated by Sponsor, round-trip ground transportation between airport and hotel in California, four (4) Disneyland® Resort 4-Day Park Hopper® Tickets, one (1) Disney Gift Card valued at $250, one (1) “Where Dreams Come True” Welcome Basket, and the opportunity for the winner to perform the designated “Honorary Job” depicted in their entry; ARV: $3,400 each.

It's for people who "always wanted to be a (your dream job here)"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast