Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Annie Liebowitz Disney Photography. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Theres already 3 other threads that have the links.
    Thanks I found them.

Those are great. I love Annie's photography.

• Senior Minion

I think they are classy. Great choices for the characters.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Closed Account

Merlinjones i am suprised at you! This is the EPITOME of "icky,corporate". This would NEVER have happened under Eisner/Pressler. WHO CARES whether whats her names tiara is from HArry Winston? Is WDW the theme park version of Hollywood now? And WHO are they going for putting these ads into Vanity Fair, GQ? etc etc. That LAST sort of people that would VACATION at Disney?? The kind of people that look DOWN on Disney. Rich, snob people?

WHERE IS IGER?

• rockin butter sponge!

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    tc etc. That LAST sort of people that would VACATION at Disney?? The kind of people that look DOWN on Disney. Rich, snob people?
    Hmm.. i suppose that is why there are so many celeb sitings in the parks, and why Club 33 exists, and why huge celebs have had their birthday parties in the parks.

I believe this is what is called "Re-branding". Where a company takes the old advertising and decides to make it seem totally different. Alot of companies are being re-branded right now, so Disney choosing to do so is not a surprise.

• Gay Man

And WHO are they going for putting these ads into Vanity Fair, GQ? etc etc. That LAST sort of people that would VACATION at Disney?? The kind of people that look DOWN on Disney. Rich, snob people?
    This AP-weilding, self-professed SNOB happens to to admire Disney when they actually do something creative, edgy and fun. Rich, snob people respect Disney when they do something worthy of respect.

Any, who wouldn't want the rich snobs in your camp? Should Disney only be marketing to poor, narrow minded trailer trash? (Or whatever the opposite of rich snob may be.)

• rockin butter sponge!

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid View Post
    This AP-weilding, self-professed SNOB happens to to admire Disney when they actually do something creative, edgy and fun. Rich, snob people respect Disney when they do something worthy of respect.

Any, who wouldn't want the rich snobs in your camp? Should Disney only be marketing to poor, narrow minded trailer trash? (Or whatever the opposite of rich snob may be.)
    *giggles* I suppose any of us who wield premium AP's might fall into the rich snob catagory! I have one!! And i do like the elegance of the photographs! Six Flags can stick to advertising on a Pepsi Can, i actually prefer feeling like part of an elite group that advertises in Vogue or Vanity Faire..

• Basking in birthday love

I'm not a fan of the Alice one. How does Lyle Lovett look even remotely like the March Hare there? But the Prince Phillip and Cinderella ones are gorgeous. I particularly love the way Cinderella's dress billows and ripples like that. They're both luscious, dynamic, and highly evocative shots. I also appreciate that these photos, both in their stunt casting and in their artistic content, emphasize the adult appeal of supposed children's stories. It's a tactic that was used to great effect during the Silver Age of Disney animation, when separate ad campaigns were conceived for adults and children, promoting the films' artistic merits as well as their entertainment value.

• World Traveler

I like the photos, but I hope Disney didn't pay Johansen and Beckham too much because you can hardly even tell it's them.

• Special Agent

I like the pictures. Very dramatic. There needs to be more of them.

• Closed Account

Should Disney only be marketing to poor, narrow minded trailer trash? (Or whatever the opposite of rich snob may be.)

No Disney should be marketing to the SAME People they HAVE been for 51 years. MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES. Specifaclly for WDW, and MIddle Class Families AND APers for DL. The way its BEEN since Eisner took over. Rasulo does NOT KNOW or CARE on how to market the parks, least of all RUN them.

• Huh?

Annie is a legend. Great to see her vision paired with Disney.
    -Tim

• Gay Man

Should Disney only be marketing to poor, narrow minded trailer trash? (Or whatever the opposite of rich snob may be.)

No Disney should be marketing to the SAME People they HAVE been for 51 years. MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES. Specifaclly for WDW, and MIddle Class Families AND APers for DL. The way its BEEN since Eisner took over. Rasulo does NOT KNOW or CARE on how to market the parks, least of all RUN them.
    That certainly narrows them into a limited, not to mention boring, market. It's a good thing they're decimating WDI. Don't need those creative types around these parts any longer.

I'd better get back to my snobby category and remember not to venture inside a Disney park any longer.

Oh, and last time I looked, Eisner's gone.

• Minion

i absolutely love them

i can't wait to see the rest

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I disagree. It is increasingly becoming prohibitive for the average middle class person to afford to go to Disneyland, and with $63 for a single day admition, even a day trip is not easily affordable.

I think Disney is smart in marketing their product to persons who are likely to be in a higher income bracket. These people have families too but they have a lot more money to be able to afford what Disney offers.

• Basking in birthday love

Sorry, but Disney has always marketed to, well, pretty much everyone. That's why you have Whitewater Snacks and Napa Rose, Space Mountain and Alice in Wonderland, the Emporium and Disneyana. If Disney doesn't market to the rich, why are there so many expensive collectibles, hotels, restaurants, and special packages? Is an average, middle-class family really, really going to spend $2000 on an original painting? Disneyland is for everyone, not just the people you want to see there.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast