Re: Walt Disney Treasures Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I am Jealous Hayley .
    If only I could share.

• Delawarean Girl

What Disney Treasures I have watched today:

First I watched: "The Complete Goofy" .

I love that they brought about Goofy's comeback on the 2nd disc. They mention a little about the Goof Troops and The Goofy Movie.

What would I have liked to learn about or have a little spotlight on. Would be the changes of Goofy. You like sometimes; black fur around eyes and sometimes he doesn't. Stuff like that. Just a little history story on that one.

The cartoons shorts I watched: Two-Gun Goofy & Two weeks vacation.

Second I watched: "Mickey Mouse in living color vol.1"

On the 2nd disc of this dvd. I learned there was a secret part on the top of the title. When you click; Leonard Maltin shows up again and tells about another cartoon short called "Mickey's Surprise Party". It's really about Minnie Mouse trying to surprise Mickey for his birthday and something that was trying to make sure him got ruined and then Minnie cried about it and then Mickey tried to cheer her up; by offering Minnie some Nabisco treats. *you guys should check it out and no it's not "Mickey's Birthday Party". It's totally different short*.

The Cartoon shorts I watched: Pluto's Judgement Day,Mickey's Rival, & Mickey's Amateurs.

3rd & last I watched: "Mickey Mouse Black & White vol.1"

The Cartoon shorts I watched: Mickey Cuts Up,Mickey's Orphens,Mickey Follies,& The Karnival Kid.

Though when I'm watching Mickey Follies or The Karnival. I kind of wonder if that is Walt Disney still doing the voice there. There very early to tell and they don't really have Mickey's trademark voice in them.

I hope you guys take the time to watch Disney Treasures too and tell about then and include your thoughts too.

• Delawarean Girl

*I don't want this thread to be going away*

DW has brought about the "Disney Treasures" Eeggs in the MiceClub. Ever since DW has brought this up; I have been trying to take the time in finding theses Eeggs . They can be another awesome footage that you have nevered seen on that Disney Treasure and they can be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Oh, yes, ALL 78 1/2 hour episodes of Zorro in black & white AND all 4 one hour "Walt Disney Presents" Zorro episodes in b/w (maybe that is the Treasure set) plus extras!
    This would be a dream come true. My hubby and I are HUGE Zorro fans and taped the last showing of them on Vault Disney (don't let me get started on how cool it would be to see that return...or better yet a Vault channel...see how I digress...) and our vcr was dying and they are pretty cruddy. I would love to see Guy in fully restored crispness and the Hot Tamale chick...yeah, this would be a dream come true.

My favorite so far is Disneyland USA... Would love to see a Volume 2, that includes the original 1957 Documentary Disneyland USA. I have never even seen it because it is so rarely shown. Although I have seen sections of it in black and white on old eposides of the Disneyland TV show, another thing I would love to see included ina volume 2 would be Holiday Time at Disneyland the 1962 Christmas episode of the Wonderful World of Color, and Disneyland "61 which I have also never seen.

I would also like to see a Rarities Volume Two, that includes, It's tough to be a bird. One of my faves that I only saw once on the Disney Channel when it was still the Disney Channel. I own the original 1969 poster from tough to be a bird I love it so much. It has never been released on Video or DVD. I know. I have looked everywhere for it.

• Drunk On Disney

I have been re-watching the "Disneyland USA at Radio City Music Hall" on the "Your Host Walt Disney" disc lately. It is really a must see for Disney fan.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I have been re-watching the "Disneyland USA at Radio City Music Hall" on the "Your Host Walt Disney" disc lately. It is really a must see for Disney fan.
    Thank you. I keeping thinking "Disneyland USA at Radio City Music Hall" ; did I already see that one? I can't remember. I think I go and check out Disneyland USA now.

• Delawarean Girl

Sweetie: I did see that one. I remember the most of Mickey Mouse in the corners talking to Walt Disney. Awesome to see Mickey Mouse taking orders from someone (when Walt Disney is telling Mickey what to do, I mean).

I also watched "Working with Walt" after that one. I always love listening to the Mouseketeers. Lonnie is not in this one. I do like to keep in touch with Lonnie myself.

Angel my cat was also watching theses parts with me. She enjoyed watching the horses going down Main Street.

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Sweetie: I did see that one. I remember the most of Mickey Mouse in the corners talking to Walt Disney. Awesome to see Mickey Mouse taking orders from someone (when Walt Disney is telling Mickey what to do, I mean).

I also watched "Working with Walt" after that one. I always love listening to the Mouseketeers. Lonnie is not in this one. I do like to keep in touch with Lonnie myself.

Angel my cat was also watching theses parts with me. She enjoyed watching the horses going down Main Street.
    Yeah, the Mouseketeers is such a unique show! I had never watched it before I got the "first week" DVD treasures. I was very impressed with the great balance of education and entertainment.

I also got a big kick out of Roy. What a character! The look back with the cast was also neat. I remember going through that whole Treasures set in about 2 days.

Maybe it's time to give it another whirl...

• The Power To Do More

I own most of the Treasures (I need Mickey Mouse Colour 1, and Silly Symphonies 1), I enjoy them all, but I am partial to the live action ones (especially Disneyland USA and anything from the Disneyland Series)

I would love to see all episodes of Disneyland out as season sets, heck why can't we expand treasures from 2-disc collections? Treasures is just so tantalizing since I missed out on the original broadcast (age) and Family Channel here (Our version of Disney Channel) did not air any of the classic Disneyland episodes. Of course I'd love a Treasures Season set of MMC as well.

I would like to see at least the serials out as treasures.

On a related note does anyone know what the content of the Legacy Collection upcoming DVD on Disneyland is, or can direct me to a thread/source that may have information.

I was wondering what do people think of the Legacy Series vs. the Treasures. I like Treasures overall more, the packaging, Leonard. But I do appreciate that the Legacy Series could potentially double the amount of sets I can get and may have me getting 6 to 8 a year instead of 3 to 4.

• Delawarean Girl

*wishes some of you had Pluto vol.1*

I have been watching "Canine Caddy, Lend a Paw, & A Gentleman's Gentleman" ; so far.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by avromark View Post

On a related note does anyone know what the content of the Legacy Collection upcoming DVD on Disneyland is, or can direct me to a thread/source that may have information.

Actually, that Legacy Collection DVD has been moved to a Treasures Title Series 7.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Actually, that Legacy Collection DVD has been moved to a Treasures Title Series 7.
    Thanks for the information. I wondered that myself. I noticed some that was to become Legacy Collection have now changed to the Disney Treasures series.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123