Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Koubu Pilot

Re: Disney Sequel: New Disneyland Boss To Oversee Changes, Possible Third Park

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    I don't want to throw the cold bucket of reality on folks, but don't expect a third park ... even a water park on that land.

This story was placed by TDA on the eve of the press event, and was designed to placate some critics who felt Ed's first interview (with the OC Register) said nothing (which it did).

Guess what?

This story says nothing (of substance) and has enough qualifiers to make a lawyer happy.

And with all the money Disney is going to be tossing into DCA in the next five years, plus the desire to get the DVC cashcow into the California market ... well, anyone who thinks they'll be a third park is just not being realistic.

And, no, count me amongst those who would never want to see it while DCA is a mess and DL doesn't get regular updates. As someone who's watched WDW grow from one park to the four park complex it is now, bigger is most certainly not better.
    Didn't Anaheim want to build a parkway through the land Disney acquired to connect the Convention Center and Stadiums?

Quote Originally Posted by Mineux View Post
    I was just looking at this lot on Google Earth the other day and wondering if a new park was in the works.. apparently, it is! Way to go Disney!
    Now, we need to formulate a plan to befriend Steel Workers, Plumbers, Carpenters ect.. they are the ones that can get us the pictures :P *tee hee*

This brightend my morning!
    What did you see on goggle earth? I looked but didnt see anything=(

• Needs the smell of summer

There is definitely a plan in place to improve DCA. They will not start on a new park until those plans for DCA are mostly carried out.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

A few years ago (probably 7 or 8) a friend of mine who works at WDI mentioned this third park and said they were looking into making it a water park. This was supposed to be across the street somewhere next to the Disneyland Hotel. (As I recall, he said that it would be where a strawberry field was)

It'll be fun to see what actually pops up! Hopefully it won't take another several years to wait for it...

As someone who's watched WDW grow from one park to the four park complex it is now, bigger is most certainly not better.
    Isn't that the truth?

• Santa Barbara, CA

Oh boy! Another bad theme park to drain the profits off of Disneyland. Disney's Florida Adventure! Then they can fill it with leftovers from WDW.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• My laughing place

umm..shouldn't they fix DCA before they start thinking of a third park ??
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    They should fix DCA before starting another park!
    "DCA will never be fixed, so long as there is enough strategic planning left in the world."
    - cellarhound

Seriously... I don't think DCA will ever be good enough to be fixed... Better move on to a third gate, and let DCA be what it is... A clubhouse for the AP.
    Last edited by cellarhound; 01-27-2007 at 01:51 PM.
    Check out my other blog:

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

What do you guys think about this...

Disney Around The World

Each land could resemble the different continents that are present, and perhaps an 8th for Pangaea (sp?) when all the land was locked together as one with dinosaurs and stuff.

That way the whole snowy ice world could work with Antarctica. Heck then the Ice Queen from Narnia could have a ride! There could be an African section that has a Lion King dark ride, Pride Rock, etc. The list goes on and on.

What do you guys think?

**Btw, Mods, I'm going to copying this message into the other topic going on in the board. Just wanted to give a heads up.**

• Minion

What about PeopleMover, Rocket Jets and Skyway?

• Banned User

a waterpark wouldn't be bad and wouldn't compete with DL and DCA. and unlike some of you I believe DCA can be fixed. It may need a name change and a rethemeing of sorts but yes it's possible. but DLR doesn't need a third theme park, southern california has enough of those to compete with. but a waterpark would complement what is already there.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

There are MAJOR demographic differences between Orlando, where one water park works (seems like they don't run two anymore) as a secondary diversion for the high percentage of vistors, as compared to Anaheim, where most of the guests are local, and have water parks closer to them than one in Anaheim.

And Disney would have to compete with those parks, and keep its pricing low, which would not make a good match for the company.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

I don't want to throw the cold bucket of reality on folks, but don't expect a third park ... even a water park on that land.

This story was placed by TDA on the eve of the press event, and was designed to placate some critics who felt Ed's first interview (with the OC Register) said nothing (which it did).

Guess what?

This story says nothing (of substance) and has enough qualifiers to make a lawyer happy.

And with all the money Disney is going to be tossing into DCA in the next five years, plus the desire to get the DVC cashcow into the California market ... well, anyone who thinks they'll be a third park is just not being realistic.
    While this may be true, Disney bought this land with the intention of a 3rd gate. Will it be soon. No, but Disney thinks long term, so this could be in the offering say within the next twenty years. I see the 3rd gate as more of a reality than the chances of getting a 4th cruise ship. That is of course if they go through with the 3rd ship.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Isn't that the truth?
    Yes.

But I've learned one thing in posting on this and other Disney sites ... many fanboys only want to discuss and focus on stuff that is beyond blue sky.

TWDC is NOT going to invest a billion or more dollars on a third gate in Anaheim when they have a second gate they can't give away tickets to.

This should be just common business sense. But some people only hear what they want to hear.

I don't know what Disney is going to do with that land. But I can reasonably say it won't be a theme park (at least a traditional one), it won't be a water park and it won't be the Paul Pressler Center For Theme Park Studies.

When we see the strawberry stand disappear, then we will know something is happening.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast