Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Disney Sequel: New Disneyland Boss To Oversee Changes, Possible Third Park

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999 View Post
    While this may be true, Disney bought this land with the intention of a 3rd gate. Will it be soon. No, but Disney thinks long term, so this could be in the offering say within the next twenty years.
    Disney intended a lot of things. They have intended to build more parks (Burbank Backlot, Port Disney, Westcot) then they have actually built (DCA). And that's just in SoCal ... we could talk about Disney's America, the Disney-MGM Studios Europe, Disney's Boardwalk (the attraction zone, not the timeshare resort) or any number of other concepts.

In 20 years? Who's to say. I am 100% confident that Disney won't be building a third gate in Anaheim in the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999 View Post
    I see the 3rd gate as more of a reality than the chances of getting a 4th cruise ship. That is of course if they go through with the 3rd ship.
    I don't, but you know that.

The fourth cruise ship is being penciled in in long-term strategic planning for DCL. No third park is.

And I really don't understand you're negativity about the third ship. It's a done deal. DCL is going to expand. This business is a cash cow and Disney has far more demand than supply (unlike resort rooms in Orlando). It's a no-brainer.

now how close is this exactly to Disneyland Resort? will there be able to be transportation to the new park from Disneyland?

I vote for a WestCot, DisneySea, or something else entirely. it's hard to create a theme for a park, so I hope Disney can do a good job.

I think it'll take a while to create this park though what with DCA's big plan to remodel it somehow. who knows how long that will take, but right now it's probably the DLR execs' chief project.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    What do you guys think about this...

Disney Around The World

Each land could resemble the different continents that are present, and perhaps an 8th for Pangaea (sp?) when all the land was locked together as one with dinosaurs and stuff.

That way the whole snowy ice world could work with Antarctica. Heck then the Ice Queen from Narnia could have a ride! There could be an African section that has a Lion King dark ride, Pride Rock, etc. The list goes on and on.

What do you guys think?

**Btw, Mods, I'm going to copying this message into the other topic going on in the board. Just wanted to give a heads up.**
    The pangea, connected continent thing was proposed for the parking lot to be Pacifica. DCA happened instead.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    The fourth cruise ship is being penciled in in long-term strategic planning for DCL. No third park is.

And I really don't understand you're negativity about the third ship. It's a done deal. DCL is going to expand. This business is a cash cow and Disney has far more demand than supply (unlike resort rooms in Orlando). It's a no-brainer.
    I would love the source for this. As a Disney shareholder and someone involved in the sale of cruises both statements are untrue. DCL does not have more demand than supply. Both their 10 day Southern Caribbean cruises and Med cruise are not selling well. The Magic runs under capacity most of thhe time during the summer, especially late summer, early fall.

You can review their annual report. The cost of fuel last year and this year has made a major dent in all the cruise line profits. The 3rd ship has been approved, not being built in a secret location. It will come, when is just the issue.

Same can be said for a third park. Sketches and ideas are being thrown around, if and when it is built is the only question. When the strawberries are all picked and the stand is gone, then we can talk of the third park.
    Rumors always run rampant, especially on these boards, I will just wait for the official announcement.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    TWDC is NOT going to invest a billion or more dollars on a third gate in Anaheim when they have a second gate they can't give away tickets to.

This should be just common business sense. But some people only hear what they want to hear.
    I disagree with you on this... The second gate was an excuse to focus on extending stays at their hotels, while capturing $$$ of California Weekend Warriors... Nothing more...

With a third gate you are looking to extend that stay longer. Focusing people on possable weeklong stays... Something that they will want if they are to create more hotel rooms, and a DVC Resort program in Californai. It makes the folks in Parks and Resorts salivate...

Disneyland is driving the AP program. The rational will drive profit growth on the bottom line...

DCA is damaged in some ways beyond repair... If Baxter wins and it gets turned into a strip mall with rides, that third gate becomes the new second gate.

In the mean time, this year both parks have reached capacity durring the business season... This means the AP program is maxing out capacity in the parks, and it is time to look at a third park...

The good news is if the third gate is more compelling than DCA, it would attract the business that DCA should have if it wasn't such a crappy park.. DCA placement wise will remain DL overflow.

It is an option that does infact makes business sense, because it would be yet another reason to raise prices significantly on AP's and PH's with a focus being on 3 day park hoppers in stead of 2fers.
    Last edited by cellarhound; 01-27-2007 at 04:03 PM.
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I would love a Disney Sea or Epcot West.
    Fight On! Beat the Bears!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• time to go

Third park for the strawberry field? I don't see it. TDA can't keep enough cast members on hand as it is. Where will they get the staff to operate a third gate without raising everyone's pay? That's not likely to happen.

But what I do see for the strawberry field is a DVC resort, to entice east coast members to visit Anaheim.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

I've been told it will be a water park. And a little on the cheap side. Just for now until they want to build something better.

thomas
    "Decisions are easy, if you know what your values are" - Roy Disney

• Dark Side Baddie

Quote Originally Posted by TDSTOM View Post
    I've been told it will be a water park. And a little on the cheap side. Just for now until they want to build something better.
    thomas
    I doubt that. Building new is far cheaper than remodeling.

I've always been fascinated by the whole Disney's America project. Al had written a splendid column on how DCA could be revamped to take care of this but I can't seem to find it...

• Banned User

the only thing that I can think of is this: regarding the third park, DONT BUILD IT ON THE CHEAP.

also, when planning the park, use the frame of mind of how would walt build it? what would he put in it? would he put disney magic, true disney magic into it?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    They should fix DCA before starting another park!
    That's exactly what I was going to say!
    Make DCA a worthy 2nd gate before building something else.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    This is exciting news. And it may take them quite some time to pick a theme, plan a park, and start building. So, I'm sure it will be a parking lot for quite some time to come.

However, Sports theme? I think not. You can do better than that Disney. Give us a Wonderful World of Disney park, or Disney Sea, or a park themed to the Air, Land, Sea, and Fantasy.

But whatever they do, this park will be judged from the first concept sketch to reality based upon its level of detail and scope. Build another DCA and we'll be right there to take pictures of every bad decision. Build a gate worthy of its Disneyland neighbor and we'll lead the promotional blitz. It's all up to you now Disney.
    You're not really thinking of the stadiums and professional sports teams they have, (Ducks hockey, Angels baseball) including a possible new stadium for an NFL team, the West Coast World of Sports could even be part of the Los Angeles 2014 Olympics and Disney could put that swimming pool back up along Main Street and be a part of the Olympics.

The Worlds Fair tie in worked out great, why not tie into professional sports and go a little further, the way Cooperstown is the baseball shrine, and Cape Kennedy is the NASA shrine, this could be a sports mecca that would bring in a whole new demographic to the resort. Then add that CARS / Test Track attraction and a couple of more roller coasters to DCA and you could really be humming.

That or DisneySea. NOT. Come on, I'm tired of hearing that.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Disney already has World of Sports in WDW.. and its a big 'skip it!' if you ask me. Plus with land such a premium you wouldn't want to try a large space project like that.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    They should fix DCA before starting another park!
    What's wrong with multi-tasking?

• FastPass n00b

Fix DCA first.

And as far as a waterpark for a 3rd gate, we already have Wild Rivers, Raging Waters, Hurricane Harbor, and Soak City. The market is saturated, so to speak.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast