Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Delawarean Girl

Passions cancelled

I just read in my Entertainment Weekly that NBC's has made a announcement that it will cancelling the Soap Opera "Passions" in August.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20008896,00.html

The good news about this one. Is that I will be free in the afternoon now. Passions was the only Soap I liked & watched and no I don't want to get into another one; I rather be free.

But I will miss Passions.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 01-27-2007 at 09:45 AM.

• Delawarean Girl

Re: Passions cancelled

oh, I just thought of another great news. I won't need to subscribe to Soap Opera Weekly anymore now. Since that was the only reason why I subscribed to that magazine.

Thank you NBC. For making my Afternoon in becoming free again and saving me money on a magazine that I will no longer need.

• rockin butter sponge!

OKay, they better end this one good. ANd not like how they ended Sunset Beach where it ended up just being a dream!
    I want Theresa to get Ethan. Kay to have Miguel. Charity to die.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Mineux View Post
    Theresa to get Ethan.
    Me too. I have gotten into the Theresa/Ethan/Gwen storyline the whole time and I have been wanting Theresa & Ethan to be together for many years now.

In the beginning of this soap; I got into Tabitha & Timmy (I was so sad to hear when Timmy really died)

I would like Julian to be with Eve too.

Last thing I would like to say. Is I think they really messed up the Chad Harris storyline ; when it came to finding his parents.

• rockin butter sponge!

I was watching when Passions debuted, and saw the Theresa Ethan storyline right from the beginning. I have really been rooting for them all along!

It took me along time to admit to anyone that I watched this show. I got hooked the summer Sheridan was locked in the basement. Every day I got caught watching, I told my hubby "I was just flipping the channels"
    What will I do with the 2 pm time slot?

in related news...who in their right mind could watch the Today show for 4 hours?
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• Delawarean Girl

I still have a hard time admit it. Because most of the time people would tell me another soap that they like "Days of the Lives" and my soap talking would be always over from there.

Until I went and talked at this Passions Community in the LiveJournal and met alot of fans.

• Banned User

its part of nbc's cost cutting. they think soaps are on their way out and now they only have one and they don't own days of our lives. another hour of the today show,,, really boring. i miss the old days of daytime television , soaps, and gameshows. to me there are way too many talk shows. I know they are cheap to make but except for a couple they are getting very boring.

• Delawarean Girl

I was about to add Cartoons to the list; thinking way years back. But they seem to have brought them back now. But I do miss the really really good ones they use to show; like the Smurfs.

• rockin butter sponge!

The 2 pm timeslot on NBC is just doomed, each soap they have created and placed there has died after about 4 years.
    People just arent into new Soaps. Does anyone remember Sunset Beach? It was just like Passions, without the witchcraft and supernatch powers.

• Delawarean Girl

The 2 pm timeslot on NBC is just doomed, each soap they have created and placed there has died after about 4 years.
    People just arent into new Soaps. Does anyone remember Sunset Beach? It was just like Passions, without the witchcraft and supernatch powers.

Yes; that's what my Magazine pretty much said too. People are just use to the Old School Soaps.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I've been Soap free for almost 2 years now (CBS shows ATWT and B&B) and I never regret it!

Enjoy it!

(sorry about your show though- I went through it with Santa Barbara too)

• done

I want Theresa to get Ethan.
    I hope both Theresa and Gwen realize what a wuss Ethan is for being unable to decide between them for all these years, so they both dump him, and they hook up instead.

• I love loop jokes.

I started watching Passions from day one once Sunset Beach ended. I really loved Timmy and was sad when he passed away.
    I loved the Luis and Sheratin story line. Loved it!
    As for the Ethan, Theresa, and Gwen love triangle... Ethan is a little idiot who kept going from one girl to the other. He deserves to end up alone.
    (btw, i haven't watched for over a year because i started to work =(

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
    What will I do with the 2 pm time slot?

in related news...who in their right mind could watch the Today show for 4 hours?
    You could watch General Hospital. That's on at 2PM, at least in CA. But I agree with you on the Today Show. That program is unbelievably boring! Just like Good Morning America and whatever they show on CBS. That's why I like to watch Good Day LA on Fox. They blabber on there like crazy but it keeps me entertained and most importantly, AWAKE! I never watched Passions becuase I watch GH but I tried watching the very first episode but I just couldn't get how it was like Princess Diana or something like that, right? It was just too far fetched, just as Days of Our Lives has become now too. I used to watch it in 7th grade and it was somewhat like a normal soap but lately, it's just cuckoo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast