• Banned User

Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations

My hubby and I are HUGE fans of New York chef, Anthony Bourdain.
    He's written a number of books: "Kitchen Confidential", "Nasty Bits", and a few novels.

He has a travel show called "No Reservations" where he travels the world to find exotic and sometimes grotesque foods, way back in the woods of countries. This is not Rachel Ray, $40 a day!!!

Anyone else a fan of the show? http://anthonybourdain.com/

• xmanmom

Re: Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations

Oh yeah, love this show. Have read all his books, own his cookbook and also used to watch A Cook's Tour when it was on Food Network. He is so snarky and hilarious. I love anything that mixes travel and food, two things I love. Someday I want to go to NYC and go to Les Halles.

• Clearing my Calendar

We looooove Tony! He's absolutely hilarious!

We, for the most part, totally trust his judgement on the foods he eats. Because of that, we have to Tivo and wait until we can do a meal that is relevant to his most recent show within a day or two of actually watching it. That way, we're not dying while we watch.

I love it when they go someplace cold. He gets so snarky and cranky, it's great! He's too relaxed when he's in a warm climate hunting for roast pig. We haven't seen the last two episodes, just haven't had time.

I've already told Bryan I want Kitchen Confidential on audio for my birthday. Even though that's six months away, I'm really hard to shop for and needed to give him a heads up!

What's everyone's favorite episode?
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• xmanmom

I can't think of a favorite episode off the top of my head. There are so many good ones. I liked the Mexico border one and the one in Malaysia (I think?) where the camera man knocked over all the dishes in that one restaurant and he was staying at that amazing resort where you had to get to the rooms by boat. They are all amazing in their own way though.

In our house we have instituted a No Bourdain during dinner rule, because it never fails that he eats something complete rank and ruins our appetites.

• Banned User

He was just in my hometown (Seattle) a week or two ago, on the show, and I loved seeing him on our stomping grounds! Wish we'd been down there when he was at Pike Place Market!!!