Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Huh?

Re: The Biz: Flash! Disneyland No Longer The Happiest Place On Earth - Brandweek, 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by historybill View Post
    I assume that "WHERESPEAK" knows that Mr. Beckham will be portraying Prince Charming, rather than "Prince Philip", right?
    Huh?

He was Prince Phillip...
    -Tim

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: The Biz: Flash! Disneyland No Longer The Happiest Place On Earth - Brandweek, 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    I don't mind the "Where Dreams Come True" campaign as a whole for Disney parks. I just don't like the thought that "The Happiest Place on Earth" is being abandoned altogether.
    Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what lame slogan they come up with. Disneyland will always be known as The Happiest Place on Earth to me. Just like the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim with always be the Anaheim Angels to me, until they change that ridiculous name.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what lame slogan they come up with. Disneyland will always be known as The Happiest Place on Earth to me. Just like the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim with always be the Anaheim Angels to me, until they change that ridiculous name.
    Could be worse.. the Brooklyn Angels of Albuquerque of Lansing of Springfield of Peru of Dayton of Wheeling of Ai of Branson of Los Angeles of Anaheim.
    -Tim

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Could be worse.. the Brooklyn Angels of Albuquerque of Lansing of Springfield of Peru of Dayton of Wheeling of Ai of Branson of Los Angeles of Anaheim.
    Jeeze...let's hope Art Moreno isn't reading this and getting any ideas.

• Parmageddon Jim

Two words.

Tomorrowland Terrace.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

What sense of the word, "dream", were people using when they provided their responses?

There are several parts of this re-branding initiative that are misguided. But, my biggest complaint is with the name, "Disney Parks", itself.

• I was deleted.

So, ads will show visitors of all ages paired with such WhereSpeak as "Where heroes become sidekicks" (a boy and Toy Story's Cowboy Woody lean against Frontierland posts) and "Where glass slippers come in every size" (three generations of gals wear tiaras). Disney's agencies include Mcgarrybowen, New York, and Leo Burnett, Chicago.
    Yes, that's part of their AP marketing and has been for some time. So maybe it's to get guests to visit, be attracted to the same thing and then buy into more Disney things, visit mroe often via AP and/or DVC, etc.

• Earth Intruder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak

And I love how one of the objectives of Newspeak is to control thoughts. Scary, scary marketing!

Next they'll be telling us that our dream is to have little tracking devices and cameras inserted into our anuses in order to "Feel The Magic" (Shhhhhh thats the 2008 campaign! You heard it here first!)
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak

And I love how one of the objectives of Newspeak is to control thoughts. Scary, scary marketing!

Next they'll be telling us that our dream is to have little tracking devices and cameras inserted into our anuses in order to "Feel The Magic" (Shhhhhh thats the 2008 campaign! You heard it here first!)
    I think Jay Rasulo and Karl Rove are the same person.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I don't mind the "Where Dreams Come True" campaign as a whole for Disney parks. I just don't like the thought that "The Happiest Place on Earth" is being abandoned altogether.
    Ditto.

It's just not right.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

After the success of the 50th Anniversary and the use of "The Happiest Homecoming on Earth" and "The Happiest Celebration on Earth", you'd think Disney would realize that people CONNECT with the "Happiest Place on Earth" taglines.

The marketing for the 50th was simple and had taglines that sparked nostalgic, classic Disneyland, but also let us know that Disneyland was celebrating. The 50th was an immense success. I'm not saying the only reason was because of the marketing, but surely, the marketing played a significant role.

"Where the Magic Began" was a failed slogan that was given to Disneyland with the Resort expansion in 2001. They quietly went back to "The Happiest Place on Earth" after the new slogan fell flat.

And now they're abandoning the time-tested slogan again?

Do they not learn from their mistakes?

It boggles my mind.

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Wow maybe Paul and Cynthia still have some power, sounds very OLD NAVY GAPish to me.
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    More like the California Angels, young'n...

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Maybe all the people who made the mistakes the first time around have already left the company?

• Directly directed

I like the slogan in ADDITION to the Happiest Place on Earth, not instead of!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast