Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Neep meep beep

Re: Disney bought a SuperBowl Ad to announce a new Disneyland park!

Yeah........ um, yeah.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

I would forsake Disney if it was built in a place that required it to play country music in the park. <.<.>.>

• Minion

I'm still trying to figure out where they're getting all this money from...

Wouldn't it make sense to finish DCA/Hong Kong Disneyland first?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out where they're getting all this money from...
    It was found in the basement at The Alamo.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    It was found in the basement at The Alamo.

• n/a

If ANY part of this had truth in it, one could find at least one bit of official information online. Even Disney's "Big Annoucement" from a couple weeks ago was old news to the online community. Having friends in radio, I know they don't get news like this before USA Today, or the LA or NY Times. Heck, any source on Google News. They barely get notices about concerts until tickets are about to go on sale.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

This would be the best news ever (for me at least) if Disney were to build a park right here in Frisco. It would actually make a little sense to do this. Frisco is a fairly large community with a lot of available land and resources, made up of mostly native Californians. The area around Frisco and Dallas are really booming with businesses which are now bringing in a lot of new people from out of state. There is still plenty of room to accommodate a project of this scale. Even though I think this would be the greatest thing ever (especially since there's not a lot of family entertainment around here right now), I also highly doubt it. It seems like this is just a common rumor that's been going around. Even though this would possibly open a whole new market. I've talked to a lot of people about this and it seems that a majority of the "local" Texans have never even been to a Disney park. The only people that have been to Disney are usually the people that relocated from California or Florida. I do believe that the company will look into this project for Texas someday in the future once they have worked out all the problems with DCA, Paris, and now Hong Kong.

Yes, this is my first post on Miceage, but I've been a long time visitor/reader.

Regards from Fisco, TX!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

A lot of native Californians live in Frisco? So was Frisco named after San Francisco?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

^Howdy! Thanks for your post & insights and welcome to MC!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Gobble GOBBLE

If Frisco was named by Native Californians, it would be "The City" never, ever would they call it Frisco
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonD View Post
    If Frisco was named by Native Californians, it would be "The City" never, ever would they call it Frisco
    Yup.

• Minion

Financially, it just doesn't make sense...

• More Than Meets The Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I would forsake Disney if it was built in a place that required it to play country music in the park. <.<.>.>
    Well seeing as how DL isn't required to play Mariachi or Hip Hop music, I doubt that they would be required to play country if build in TX.

Honestly, I've been to Frisco, TX back in 2005. I thought it was a nice place. Then again, I grew up in San Antonio so what do I know.

If they built a park there then people from the midwest would have 3 choices of which park to go to... not to mention lighten up a lot of the crowds at DL and WDW.
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

Wink Re: Disney bought a SuperBowl Ad to announce a new Disneyland park!

None of us can say for sure whether or not it would be a financial success (building a park in Dallas). A lot of different factors are involved that simply prevents any of us from making an accurate assessment or prediction.
    We would have to see what type of park Disney Co. would build out here. Another Disneyland, DisneySea, or Disney's America??
    It would open a whole new market that Disney has never really tapped into before. I'll even go as far as to say that it would not have a heavy impact on the other US Disney parks, because a lot of these new "guests" would be the average Americans that don't have the ability to travel out to California or Florida (and there's quite a few). Dallas hungers for some higher quality family entertainment. All we have here is Football.

But, one issue that comes to mind that really hurts the possibility of this from even happening is the amount of building resources that are even available. There's no doubt that such a park would require a vast amount of resources and materials. Even though large corporate buildings, malls, and houses are popping up on every corner, - lumber (just as an example) is very expensive and limited due to New Orleans. N.O. is currently consuming a lot of builders, lumber and other industrial materials that are driving up construction costs.

It would probably be smarter for Disney to wait a little while before they could even venture forward with this, unless the government or some wealthy investors come along with incentives that are too good to pass up. The demand is there, but only time will tell.

• They wanna know, HO!

Right after the NE park, the ohio park, the one in Australia, the one in South America...
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast