Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

• Aw....man !

Re: Disney bought a SuperBowl Ad to announce a new Disneyland park!

You just gotta love the Texans for keeping this fabricated rumor alive for almost 15 years now though. They do get credit for perserverance, although I believe many of the current Texans clinging to this current rumor were too young to remember when it first surfaced in the early 1990's and so they don't realize they are just repeating the past. Again.
    As a lifelong Texan, I can attest to the fact that this rumour did not just surface in the early 90's.
    I've been hearing this story since the late 1960's, that it was to be located south of Dallas, north of San Antonio, west of Ft. Worth, etc...
    The sad thing to me is hearing the same old stereotypical comments made about Texas. I am not a Republican, I loathe country music, I drive a hybrid car instead of a truck, and I don't own a single gun. It's certainly no utopia, but we're more diverse than the rest of the world gives us credit for.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    It is interesting but every now and then I occasionally still run into people from out of state who think that Disneyland is in Los Angeles and not in Anaheim.

It's kind of funny but one time I was talking to someone from out of state about where I was from and I said, "I am from Newport Beach." They asked, "Where's that?" I told them it's about an hour drive south of Los Angeles and they said, "ok". I told another person that it is in Orange County and they said, "Oh, you're from Los Angeles." Locals here know that there is subtle distinction between the two areas, but you would have to live here in order to understand it.

(The point being that both Anaheim and Newport Beach are in Orange County)
    Well those people aren't necessarily incorrect, if you're using the term "Los Angeles" as the catch-all phrase for the Greater Los Angeles Area aka "The Southland." Or the LA metropolitan area, which is considered to consist of both LA and Orange counties.

But of course, as a native Los Angeles (County) resident, I understand what you mean about the not-all-that-subtle distinction between LA and Orange county and their many included cities.

Of course if people think Disneyland is in the City Of Los Angeles, they're wrong. And of course, WDW isn't really in Orlando, either.

I woulda thought "The O.C." tv show woulda helped people understand the difference a bit more... Guess not.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Here's why I would say it is unwise to build in Texas. Whenever I mention Disneyland here in Georgia I am usually responded to with a comment about Florida. A lot of people seem unaware of a difference between the Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort. Disneyland is usually associated as being Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. When Euro Disney first opened it was also expected to receive some of Walt Disney World's British guests, but instead they continued to go to Walt Disney World.

In order for a Disney theme park resort in Texas, or anywhere else in the United States, to work the key to its success would be individuality. The current trend of DisneyParks, franchise attractions, and high prices seem to all be working against any new theme park resort. The new theme park would have to be totally original to the United States. Disney would also have to convince the public that the park will actually be better than any concept art that is ever release, which itself must be mind blowing. If not, the people will simply not show.

• Banned User

I posted this in another thread, but think it's appropriate here too. Disney building any type of park in Texas makes my stomach turn for more than one reason, but the below is probably the most important:

I say NO MORE PARKS (How's that for radical?). EVER!

I say there are too many Disney parks in the world and more just keeps diluting the Disney park brand. I also agree whole heartedly with those that say that Disney nees to fix and improve the state of it's current properties before embarking on anything else. As beautiful as parts of it are turning out, I was against Hong King Disneyland. I still don't get the need for TWO Magic Kingdoms in Asia. Before HK it was kind of perfect from a domestic and international standpoint. Tokyo Disney in Asia, one resort on the west coast of the U.S., on big flagship resort on the east coast of the U.S. and one in Europe. Why oh why did Asia need two?

I know everyone here obvisouly loves Disney theme parks, and everyone selfishly wants them to be built, MORE MORE MORE!!! But do some soul searching and ask yourself if you really think it is in the best interests of Disney Parks to build yet another? And another? And yet ANOTHER???

I say, not.

• n/a

Note: If they really did by the space to air a commercial about a new park... filming or at least creation of said commercial would have to be done. With the trend of past promotions and stuff within the company... something would have leaked.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    Note: If they really did by the space to air a commercial about a new park... filming or at least creation of said commercial would have to be done. With the trend of past promotions and stuff within the company... something would have leaked.
    Oh yeah? then how come no one posted about the anne l. photos released last week? Those were done 2 months ago and no one leaked that at all before the event

• враг народа

Blog Entries

If the rumor was true, the ad itself would not have to be very much. Just the notion of a Disney theme park in Texas would be big enough news to warrant a Super Bowl commercial.

• n/a

Nobody has brought in the idea that maybe it would announce the 3rd CA gate that was mentioned last week?
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Banned User

I'd rather they built up Disneyland in California since Florida has 4 parks and we only have 2.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Disneyland doesn't need more parks. Walt Disney World has a problem with having four theme parks. Everything is very spread out. There is no linear plan of development like Disney World was designed to have. Disney should stick with what they have.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Oh yeah? then how come no one posted about the anne l. photos released last week? Those were done 2 months ago and no one leaked that at all before the event
    Promotional photos are unimportant compared to an entirely new Disney theme park. While the new photos are nice, they hold very little impact to the Disney Company as a new Resort would hold.

I highly doubt we're getting a new park in Texas. If Disney can't even plan alterations to Tom Sawyer Island without word leaking a half a year before the plans are announced, I highly doubt they could pull off planning a secret park.

And why would Disney announce a new Park in a commercial? I would assume they'd plan another 3-day Press Event. And since a new park is somewhat more important than some fancy press photos and a new darkride, I'd imagine we'd get at least a 4-day press event.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    And since a new park is somewhat more important than some fancy press photos and a new darkride, I'd imagine we'd get at least a 4-day press event.
    With matching DisneyParks® merchandise too!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Disney's "Celebrity-Based Photo Project" w/ photographer Annie Leibovitz - 6/8/06
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...nnie+leibovitz
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out where they're getting all this money from...

Wouldn't it make sense to finish DCA/Hong Kong Disneyland first?
    Easy, they would just sell bonds.

• Fish Food

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo D. Bear View Post
    As a lifelong Texan, I can attest to the fact that this rumour did not just surface in the early 90's.
    I've been hearing this story since the late 1960's, that it was to be located south of Dallas, north of San Antonio, west of Ft. Worth, etc...
    The sad thing to me is hearing the same old stereotypical comments made about Texas. I am not a Republican, I loathe country music, I drive a hybrid car instead of a truck, and I don't own a single gun. It's certainly no utopia, but we're more diverse than the rest of the world gives us credit for.
    Thank you Baloo. Another Texan here who is not a Republican, hates country music and doesn't own a gun (however, I don't drive a hybrid). When I traveled as a kid I hated the stereotypes other kids held about Texas. I haven't encountered that in a long time, and certainly didn't expect it here. Sad indeed.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast