Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Disney bought a SuperBowl Ad to announce a new Disneyland park!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I'd rather they built up Disneyland in California since Florida has 4 parks and we only have 2.
    I agree, I'd love to see a 3rd park in California. But can't another state get some Disney lovin'?????
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

Re: Disney bought a SuperBowl Ad to announce a new Disneyland park!

If so, be expecting AP and park hoppers to raise in price in the near future!!!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    If so, be expecting AP and park hoppers to raise in price in the near future!!!
    If a new United States based theme park resort were to be developed, I believe it would finally be time to introduce the cross country Annual Pass.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    If a new United States based theme park resort were to be developed, I believe it would finally be time to introduce the cross country Annual Pass.
    THAT would be nice. I have an AP for DL, but, plan to go to WDW this year. I'd love to be able to use an AP at all of the Disney parks.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Disney bought a SuperBowl Ad to announce a new Disneyland park!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I would pay for that in a heartbeat! I also think they should be doing that already!
    Micoofy Duck

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    And why would Disney announce a new Park in a commercial? I would assume they'd plan another 3-day Press Event. And since a new park is somewhat more important than some fancy press photos and a new darkride, I'd imagine we'd get at least a 4-day press event.
    There is no bigger forum for a bigger announcement. Apple announced the Mac in a single commercial, run just once, in the '84 Super Bowl and got more attention for it than anything the computer industry has promoted before or since.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I would pay for that in a heartbeat! I also think they should be doing that already!
    How much would you pay for that?
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face Re: Disney bought a SuperBowl Ad to announce a new Disneyland park!

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    How much would you pay for that?
    hmmm... 3 digit number is okay in my book...

let's see, WDW annual is about 434 for regular AP, 359 for premium AP in DL, about a 1,000 bucks i guess, including a possible 3rd park anywhere in the country. I'd really go for the $999.99 price point. Or if Wal-Mart sold them for some insane reason then $999.92.

But I'd only do it for one year and get all the vacations out of my system, now that I think of it, not many people would pay that much for parks with such a huge division between them all.

Now that I think of it, the idea isn't so great but still super great for the super rich. Super!
    Micoofy Duck

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    There is no bigger forum for a bigger announcement. Apple announced the Mac in a single commercial, run just once, in the '84 Super Bowl and got more attention for it than anything the computer industry has promoted before or since.
    Alas, it's 2006, not 1984. Disney has closely-watching websites with sources deep within the company. News like this would have leaked some time ago, or at least been alluded to by sites like MiceAge, or MouseInfo.

It's extremely hard for Disney to keep secrets nowdays. Look at the changes to Pirates or the Submarine Voyage refurbishment that was leaked online months and months before it was even announced. Look at the upcoming changes to Tom Sawyer Island - that was leaked, then criticised by the LA Times, and then revised, and then finally officially announced. What about Midway Mania? What about the Pirates-themed land going into Hong Kong Disneyland that Al Lutz reported, and then shortly after concept art which was obviously for it was released by Bob Iger in the Annual Report?

DisneySecrets are hard to keep. And I simply don't buy that Dinsey would be able to hide the plans for a brand new themepark without it leaking via sites like MiceAge. And I find it even harder to believe that a RADIO STATION would be the one to be the first to report this news. A radio station.

Radio stations don't get news like this before the other guys. If this was true, we'd've seen stories by the LA Times, Orange County Register, and the Orlando Sentinal on this, not to mention stories on this by the online Disney sites months before the established news media.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

My issue with Radio Stations, and I know they aren't always reliable... is that they are just like all the media outlets you listed.

If someone, anyone, can leak information to all these Disney fan websites... why can't something be leaked to a radio station, no matter how big you may think the information is or no matter how insignificant the information is... I believe that both radio stations and web sites are places people can leak information to.

Forums, radio stations, to me they're all the same. A place for people to go to to express news... AND RUMORS!

And since there's POSSIBLE speculation that something is happening to Dallas they will effect Dallas FIRST over California, then wouldn't it make sense that we would hear something first.

I know anyone can argue or dispute my statement and pick at it until there's nothing left but I'm just stating simple facts.
    Micoofy Duck

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Well there is always the possibility that Disney knows about these leaks. I doubt this, but it is possible.

I find it interesting than not even Screamscape has posted this story.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonD View Post
    If Frisco was named by Native Californians, it would be "The City" never, ever would they call it Frisco
    Only if it was named by native Northern Californians! LOL

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Saddlesore Swanson View Post
    Well those people aren't necessarily incorrect, if you're using the term "Los Angeles" as the catch-all phrase for the Greater Los Angeles Area aka "The Southland." Or the LA metropolitan area, which is considered to consist of both LA and Orange counties.

But of course, as a native Los Angeles (County) resident, I understand what you mean about the not-all-that-subtle distinction between LA and Orange county and their many included cities.

Of course if people think Disneyland is in the City Of Los Angeles, they're wrong. And of course, WDW isn't really in Orlando, either.

I woulda thought "The O.C." tv show woulda helped people understand the difference a bit more... Guess not.
    This conversation occurred before The OC was on TV so it is possible that now people understand the differences between LA/LAC and OC a bit more. However, I don't regularly watch the show anyway, but from what I understand they don't mention Disneyland too much anyway for it to make much difference. It would be interesting to know if they did mention it in an episode, though. (Also from what I understand, the only place they do mention is Newport Beach and nothing at all of the lower income areas of Santa Ana or other cities like that).

One thing... As I am sure you know, no one who lives here calls LAC/OC "the southland" except for the local TV news anchors! LOL

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Disney's "Celebrity-Based Photo Project" w/ photographer Annie Leibovitz - 6/8/06
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...nnie+leibovitz

They only knew she would be doing work for the campaign. Not the scope or what was actually being done. The work was still a suprise when it hit.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Promotional photos are unimportant compared to an entirely new Disney theme park. While the new photos are nice, they hold very little impact to the Disney Company as a new Resort would hold.
    The point was only to counter the notion that the online community knows EVERYTHING that is happening.. early. We know a lot.. but to think we are invincible is well.. someone's downfall

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast