Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Disney bought a SuperBowl Ad to announce a new Disneyland park!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Radio stations don't get news like this before the other guys. If this was true, we'd've seen stories by the LA Times, Orange County Register, and the Orlando Sentinal on this, not to mention stories on this by the online Disney sites months before the established news media.
    And CNN, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, AP & Reuters.

But no here, a single CBS Radio O&O "today's refreshing lite rock" station.
    If the OP proves true, they deserve and should receive the Billboard Station of the year award.
    And if not, at least they have this going for them:
    Win a Date Night to see Josh Groban!
    Wanna treat your sweetie to something special this Valentine's Day? Click Josh Groban's picture and register to win the ultimate date night, including dinner for 2, a dozen roses, box of chocolates, a limo ride and 2 tickets to see Josh Groban at American Airlines Center on March 20! Then, on Valentine's Day, lite fm will hand deliver the tickets, the roses, the chocolates and a certificate for the other goodies to your Valentine!

http://www.kvil.com/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    They only knew she would be doing work for the campaign. Not the scope or what was actually being done. The work was still a suprise when it hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The point was only to counter the notion that the online community knows EVERYTHING that is happening.. early. We know a lot.. but to think we are invincible is well.. someone's downfall
    Ah, but we knew about the campaign - and that's what counts.

I'm not saying that we would know every detail about a new Texas park before a radio station got the news, but we'd certainly know a lot more of information months and months before a radio station.

This is really just a silly rumor that some uninformed radio DJ dug up from the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    I was jsut listing the obvious places that are close to existing Disney parks, who would undoubtedly jump on the news. But yeah, those places would get the news way before a radio station, too

• I'm Flying High

I personally agree that it's only a rumor. I highly doubt it will happen, but I'll keep my eyes and ears open.
    The daydream princess

• Neep meep beep

Why is this thread in the Disneyland Resort forum? Shouldn't it be in the "Disney Company News" area of the site if it involves a potential new park?

• I'm Flying High

I am not at all a football person, but I'm probably going to watch the Superbowl just for the commercial, unless I'm at DL which is 99% not going to happen .
    The daydream princess

If Disney decided to build something in TEXAS it would be one of the new Urban entertainment complexes that they have been developing as fill in for certain areas of the world.

Basically heavily themed scaled down indoor entertainment theme parks.

Just look at the art released next to the CARLAND art in the annual report.

Of course i am not saying that it will be built. If it was why would they use the Superbowl to advertise something that would not open till 2009 or 2010 if like someone said ground breaking would be 2008

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Why is this thread in the Disneyland Resort forum? Shouldn't it be in the "Disney Company News" area of the site if it involves a potential new park?
    Actually, no offense, BUT it belongs in the litter box...
    Check out my other blog:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Alas, it's 2006, not 1984. Disney has closely-watching websites with sources deep within the company. News like this would have leaked some time ago, or at least been alluded to by sites like MiceAge, or MouseInfo.
    Darn! I wouldn't have needed to buy that 2007 calendar!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    Actually, no offense, BUT it belongs in the litter box...
    Actually it doesn't belong in the LITTER BOX, how dare you!

The only reason I posted it in the Disneyland area is because if a Disneyland was coming to Texas, I figured someone from the Disneyland forum would know or have any information, and it seems many do not have information regarding the big announcement rumor.

At least if it does in fact happen this Sunday then everyone can eat their own words and just accept a Texas park.

If the announcment does turn out to be just another endless Tx rumor, then you can add this incident to the others when you tell the next person, "there will never be a park in Texas... and here's why".
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post

But no here, a single CBS Radio O&O "today's refreshing lite rock" station.
    If the OP proves true, they deserve and should receive the Billboard Station of the year award.
    And if not, at least they have this going for them:
    Win a Date Night to see Josh Groban!
    Wanna treat your sweetie to something special this Valentine's Day? Click Josh Groban's picture and register to win the ultimate date night, including dinner for 2, a dozen roses, box of chocolates, a limo ride and 2 tickets to see Josh Groban at American Airlines Center on March 20! Then, on Valentine's Day, lite fm will hand deliver the tickets, the roses, the chocolates and a certificate for the other goodies to your Valentine!
    http://www.kvil.com/
    That was actually funny! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck

• Gobble GOBBLE

What's the weather like in Frisco right now?
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

Seriously though. An announcment of this magnitude would not be telvise in a comercial. They would be hold big international press conference.

Even as we speak the land reclamation project for Hong Kongs second gate is going full steam There is major expansion plans for Anaheim resort.
    There are large projects on the drawing board for international expansion. Bids being done for the expansion of Disney cruise line and many of those have not even been publicly admitted and are happening sooner than most think. Why would something as important as a new full fledge theme park all of a sudden be announce on a 30 second comercial spot that would cost them more than 2million dollars. Instead they could spend a few thousand and invite the media and make a big deal about it in every station in the world.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face Re: Disney bought a SuperBowl Ad to announce a new Disneyland park!

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonD View Post
    What's the weather like in Frisco right now?
    Despite what you may think, right now the weather is bringing down a beautiful blanket of snow, soft to the touch, snow is building up all over the trees and houses... something Florida or California can never get on their parks... not from the heavens at least, more manmade in FL and Calif.
    Micoofy Duck

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Seriously though. An announcment of this magnitude would not be telvise in a comercial. They would be hold big international press conference.

Even as we speak the land reclamation project for Hong Kongs second gate is going full steam There is major expansion plans for Anaheim resort.
    There are large projects on the drawing board for international expansion. Bids being done for the expansion of Disney cruise line and many of those have not even been publicly admitted and are happening sooner than most think. Why would something as important as a new full fledge theme park all of a sudden be announce on a 30 second comercial spot that would cost them more than 2million dollars. Instead they could spend a few thousand and invite the media and make a big deal about it in every station in the world.
    I'm with ya, I have said it before, I have to see it to believe it. But if you're not working for Disney or working with the Super Bowl ad spot team, whatever they're called, then you're just assuming you KNOW what Disney will do next.

Of course there's hope on my part that I want this rumor to come true. We'll just have to wait until Super Bowl sunday for all the Disney Parks spots to air and if anything will be announced.

I've also emailed Dallas Morning News and I'm awaiting a response.
    Micoofy Duck

• Gobble GOBBLE

Which Disney attraction would you want to be on in the snow?

Don't get me wrong, no one would enjoy a "Two Ears Over Texas" park more than I. This thread has been a joy to read the reactions in- I'm glad you brought it up. As much as I hope, I can't see it happening.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast