• Banned User

When does the new Disney.com launch?

I though it was supposed to be at the end of the month. Any word on when it will launch?

•   
    • Minion

Re: When does the new Disney.com launch?

DisneyTim said it was scheduled to go live today... obviously that didn't happen... I have noticed that there have been changes made to some of it's subdomains since, particularly Disney Studios.

There was probably a delay in some of the testing, and they don't want to go live and have things crash...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

Interesting, thanks for the information.

• Banned User

Still no sign..come on Disney!

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for info we will wait and see

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

There's a new-look homepage right now. Anyone else see it? I'm still playing around and clicking the different sub-pages. Lots of video, which slows down some stuff, but not too badly. You can still look at stuff and click away if you don't want to wait for the video to buffer. The individual theme park sites look the same, but there is a new "Travel" page that encompasses all the parks, plus DCL.

Definitely an improvement over the old site! I've got to head off to bed, but will be exploring the Xtreme Digital area tomorrow. That was taking some time to load, so perhaps it's a hint telling me to check it out later.
    Last edited by Armadillo4; 02-06-2007 at 12:29 AM.

It's certainly an improvement, but why are there no sections expressly for adults? Even the adolescents section says: "Kids & Teens".

I think it would be better to use the old Disney Store strategy of putting the adult merchandise at the front of the store, so to speak.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 02-06-2007 at 01:47 PM.

The site is gorgeous. ... and very sticky. Disney should have had this a long time ago.

It would be nice if advertisements from companies other than Disney were created exclusively for it, though. It seems rather tacky to have random commercials stuck here and there in what is still mostly a promotional Web-site.

The old Disney News magazine was filled with advertisements from various Disney allies, but each promotion related to Disney in some way.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 02-06-2007 at 04:20 AM.

• Gobble GOBBLE

Agreed. Looks improved. Guess I'll be spending all day checking the site out.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Have to love the LA Times, who has this in today's paper...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...business-enter

Disney yet to refresh website as promised

By Joseph Menn, Times Staff Writer
    February 6, 2007

Walt Disney Co.'s commitment of late to new technology has boosted the company's stock and earned Chief Executive Robert Iger a reputation as a far-seeing leader in a hidebound industry.

Now for the downside.

At his keynote speech during the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last month, Iger's big splash was the overhaul of the stodgy and outdated Disney.com.

Iger promised that by late January, the world would see an innovative site that visitors could customize in myriad ways. The preview he gave showed supervised online chatting, immersive multiplayer games and content that adapted to the age of the visitor.

But as of Monday, the Burbank-based company's site had still not been updated. A blurb in the middle of the page declared: "Look for the new Disney.com, coming soon!"

For a company used to releasing movies and television shows on strict deadlines, it was an unwelcome introduction to the over-promising, under-delivering world of high technology, where a week's delay is trivial.

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    The site is gorgeous. ... and very sticky. Disney should have had this a long time ago.

It would be nice if advertisements from companies other than Disney were created exclusively for it, though. It seems rather tacky to have random commercials stuck here and there in what is still mostly a promotional Web-site.

The old Disney News magazine was filled with advertisements from various Disney allies, but each promotion related to Disney in some way.
    MerlinJones just posted in another thread this link to a Honda commercial that is a good example of what Disney should allow on the Web-site:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ftpfsMO-68k