• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

"I Love Lucy" co-creator dies

I go back to remembering watching I Love Lucy as a child, first run

It is so great that these shows are still running to this day and a favorite for all ages. Bob Carroll and his writing partner Madelyn Pugh Davis wrote an amazing, timeless series.

Go in peace Bob and laugh it up with Lucy and Desi again

TV writer Bob Carroll Jr., who co-created the classic sitcom "I Love Lucy" and worked on all 180 of its episodes, has died.

Carroll, 87, died Saturday (Jan. 27) at his Los Angeles home of natural causes. He'd been in ill health for the past few weeks.

After first teaming with Lucille Ball on her radio show "My Favorite Husband," Carroll, writing partner Madelyn Pugh Davis and another writer, Jess Oppenheimer, co-created "I Love Lucy" in 1951. The show ran through 1957, pretty much setting the template for all sitcoms to follow, including the tradition of filming in front of a live audience and selling reruns into syndication.

Carroll, Davis and Oppenheimer worked on all 180 episodes of the series, turning out as many as 35 shows per season (and never fewer than 26 in a year).

"Working with Bob was great because we shared the same sense of humor," Davis tells The Hollywood Reporter. "We never got into an argument about what we were going to do. All the pictures I have of us, I'm always laughing."

Carroll continued to work with Ball on several shows after "I Love Lucy," including "The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour," "The Lucy Show," "Here's Lucy" and "Life With Lucy." He and Davis also co-wrote the script for the feature film "Yours, Mine and Ours" (which starred Ball and Henry Fonda) and worked on several other series, including "The Mothers-in-Law" and "Alice."

The Writers Guild of America honored Carroll and Davis with its Paddy Chayefsky Laurel Award for television writing in 1992. He was nominated for two Emmys, in 1956 for "I Love Lucy" and 1971 for an episode of "Here's Lucy."
    http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-ob...news-headlines

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: "I Love Lucy" co-creator dies

Generations of people the world over can quote dialogue from almost all 180 episodes of that show, verbatim. We take joy in watching an episode for the 10,000-plus time - yes, in large part because of the talent of Lucy, Desi, Vivian and William - but also in large part because of the brilliance in the writing of that show.

We will always be in Mr. Carroll's debt for that.

May he rest in peace.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Clearing my Calendar

I recently started recording it on Tivo. I watch every morning as I get ready for work. I've watched it on and off again my whole life. It's brilliant pieces of work and I hope he was proud!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

By the way, the article indicates that Mr. Carroll wrote for a show called "The Mothers-In-Law"...that was a late 60's sitcom starring Eve Arden (Our Miss Brooks), Kaye Ballard, and Roger C. Carmel - a very funny show - underrated - that I hadn't thought about in quite a while.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Awwwww! I Love Lucy is my all-time favorite TV show.