• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Reno 911: Miami Phoenix:Black Carpet Premiere Report

So the movie doesn't come out until Feb 23rd but my friend Jessica and I went to the Myspace.com Black Carpet premiere last night.
    We left my house around 5 hoping to get there around 5:30ish but were quickly thwarted by terrible traffic on the I-10.
    At 6pm we ran through AZ Mills mall, to find a line that snaked through the theater out into the mall and out the doors up the side of the building. We sighed and got in line.
    We ended up waiting about 3hrs

The event was organized horribly!!!
    It was suppose to begin at 7pm but they didn't even begin filling the theater until 8 (the film finally started about 8:30) They turned away people when they weren't sure if they had seats left and we just barely made the cut. (we sat in the second row... all the way to the right). Honestly, would it have been that hard to count how many seats you had, give that many people wristbands and then send everyone else home? Am I thinking too hard here?
    On top of that, I'm pretty sure they weren't carding anyone. The movie is rated "R" and the kid sitting next to me w/ no parents in sight couldn't have been more than 10yrs old.

So, Before the Movie: (they made us leave our cameras so sadly, no pics )
    At each of the premieres there were suppose to be Reno deputies in attendence. Ours were Wiegle, Junior and Dangle (they were all in character the entire time, it was awesome). Once everyone was seated the three walked in to crazy applause. Being in the second row they were right in front of us!!! They talked about myspace was a place for people to meet and do inappropriate things (I'm totally censoring this cause they were down right vulgar [in a good way]). Dangle started eating a girl in the front rows nachos. They talked for a while, apologizing for the film and then left and the movie started

The movie:
    In all honesty, i'm not sure that I liked the movie as much as I wanted to. It's one thing to have that kind of off beat humor playing for half an hour but stretching it to 2hrs was a bit much. Don't get me wrong most of it was hilarious!! Paul Rudd cracked me up as the Columbian drug lord with the accent no one could understand (the running gag between him, Garcia and Jones was hilarious. "Who brings a weed whacker on a boat). It's hilarious to me how they never go out of their way to cover up the fact that they use the same people over and over again (Micheal Ian Black, Paul Ruebens). And Terry was in it!!!! It was also kind of nice that it was uncensored (I mean we all know what they're saying anyway). The end credit sequence was hilarious too. But many of the funny parts of the film were in the trailers and I just got sick of the requisit puking, farting (not as much as some kids movies but comeon) and masturbation jokes.
    I give it a B

After the Movie:
    Wiegle, Junior and Dangle came back in and again apologized and said that Danny Devito (who actually executive produced it) stretched the truth cause he was part of the liberal hollywood agenda. They then started a Q&A session that went on far longer then expected. Much of it was making fun of the audience... they started speaking Spanish to one kid who looked Hispanic and went on for a few minutes before skipping his question and moving on. They stayed in character the whole time and I loved how knowlegeable they were about the show and their characters. One guy asked if they wanted to go smoke afterwards... they flashed their badges and only Trudy agreed (actually she told a lot of people she'd meet them later in the bathroom). Dangle told us all how to make our own version of his shorts (11 inches everyone). and Junior and Dangle fought over Dale Earnhart, JR's last name (it's not Jr and there's no relation no matter what Junior says). The session ended with a free-style rap by Wiegle which was amazing! I laughed hysterically the entire time.
    Entertainment: A+

They left and we were informed that they wouldn't be coming back (for autographs, pics etc). That was lame. i mean they stuck around ASU all afternoon meeting random college kids, but they couldn't sign a couple pics for the fans that had waited 3+ hours (yes I'm bitter I don't go to ASU and didn't have time to get over there :P). I got over it though.

So overal it was a good time. Worth the three hours if not for the talent alone! We'll see what other people think when the movie releases. I think, if you like Reno you'll like the movie, if not you'll hate it. Critics probably won't like it but it should do well enough with the late highschool/college crowd. the R rating might deter people, but if the theaters are like myspace, then anyone can go.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Reno 911: Miami Phoenix:Black Carpet Premiere Report

well, glad to hear the movie is pretty good. Me and my husbnad love this show...can't wait for the movie. Glad to see all the cast was in the movie, too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i can't begin to tell you how close to the truth that show really is sometimes....espcially the trailer dwellers...

gotta love Reno...the cheap imitation Vegas

seriously tho, i do love living here
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

we laugh cause it reminds us SO much of the town we're from in Louisiana. I swear, that's our police force!!

• That Guy

Great review, thanks!!!

I saw Borat at the Mills for a Myspace preview. I have to say, I wouldn't go through that again. It is way too much Bull shiit to deal with, just to see a movie that opens in two weeks. LIke you reported, they were unorganized, no one knew anything, etc.

I am so jealous that you got to see the actual characters, that is SO sweet!!!!! They are so funny, I wish I could have met them.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Well seeing as Reno 911 was based off a movie (Super Troopers, it was supposed to be their show but Broken Lizard and Comedy Central talks fell through), I'm really skeptic to watch it. Thanks for the report on the premiere though.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• That Guy

The show is remarkably funny, if you haven't seen it, you should check it out. The writing is really top-notch, and the acting is great too. It is like a big ice cream sundae of good-ness. A bunch of my friends are cops, and they LOVE the show, since so much of it is based on reality.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

What's more amazing about the show is how improved it is.
    It's really apparent when you see them in person. They were just off the wall with quick witted responces. T'was hilarious

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    What's more amazing about the show is how improved it is.
    It's really apparent when you see them in person. They were just off the wall with quick witted responces. T'was hilarious

On one hand, it isn't amazing that they were quick and funny. I say that because it is no coincidence those were the starts that are making the rounds. Did you know those three are also the head writers of the show? Yup. So it makes sense that they could keep up.

I LOVE watching the DVDs, it is soooo funny!!! The director's commentary is beyond funny.

• Pinqueen

Orginally from MI, now in FL (i love life in the sun!)

This show is soooo hilarious and i cannot wait until it comes into theaters!!