• Santa Barbara, CA

Too many Disney "Anniversaries"?

Do any of you think that the whole "Anniversary" thing where every Character and every Park are continously celebrating their sumpteeth birthday has gotten a bit carried away? The thought of Snow White at 70 isn't a pretty one and does anyone care except the folks who are selling Blu-Ray. Other than true landmarks like 25th, 50th, etc.(DL's 50th was well done and deserved) it seems IMHO to have gotten out of control. I think the whole Idea is soooo played out. Like the words "Clearance Sale" theses supposed celebrations have lost their meaning due to overuse and sometimes don't even payoff with a good enough experience. Thoughts?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Too far from Disney World

Re: Too many Disney "Anniversaries"?

In my opinion, I apperciated the fact that they do them. I collect Donald Duck things and he's a hard one to find most of the time. Now, when they've done the 65th and 70th anniversaries, he's gotten a bunch of select merchandise in the stores. Without these anniversaries I probably wouldn't have a good portion of the stuff I have!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Huh?

Gotta celebrate!

And gotta love the ducks!
    -Tim

• white and nerdy

Any reason to party is good for me.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Huh?

In that case, drinks for everybody in celebration of t-jell's 2,641st post!
    -Tim

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    In that case, drinks for everybody in celebration of t-jell's 2,641st post!
    *clinks*

Now if only Disneyland would decorate for it.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Jambo!

They do seem to be willing to celebrate things at the drop of a hat (except Epcot's anniversary ), thats not to say they aren't worthy of celebrating, but with Disney "years" lasting about 15 monthes, they tend to overlap. They barely had any time to get 50th decorations down for this "Year of a Million Dreams" supposedly celebrating the 25th of Magic Kingdom and they just now took down the last traces of the 50th. It's one thing if it's a world wide celebration such as the 50th, but Inot every celebration has to be. Between the Millinium Celebration, the 100 Years of Magic, the 50th, and the Year of a Million Dreams, people barely get a break between events and I have somewhat forgotten what it feels like to NOT celebrate something. In short, I like celebrations, but maybe they should shorten them to 12 monthes or just have less of them because the Year of a Million Dreams proves that you need time between them to plan and prepare.