• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Kingdom Hearts Series Ships Over 10 Million Worldwide - MarketWatch, 2/5/07

MarketWatch, 2/5/07
    Kingdom Hearts Series Ships Over 10 Million Worldwide

LOS ANGELES, Feb 05, 2007 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix(TM) interactive entertainment products in North America, and Buena Vista Games, Inc. (BVG), the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, announced today that their KINGDOM HEARTS series of action role-playing games has shipped more than 10 million units worldwide, making it one of the top game series in the world. Released to chart-topping sales in 2006, KINGDOM HEARTS II is the sequel to KINGDOM HEARTS, one of the top ten best-selling PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system titles of all time in North America (Source: The NPD Group, March 2006).

"When we first started developing KINGDOM HEARTS, we never imagined we would pass the 10 million mark so quickly," said series producer Shinji Hashimoto. "We are delighted and extremely grateful for the support from our fans around the globe. We hope to continue to provide games which fulfill your anticipation in the future."

The KINGDOM HEARTS series was created by the collaboration of Disney's Buena Vista Games and Square Enix in 2002. With two titles for the PlayStation 2 system and one title for the Game Boy(R) Advance, the KINGDOM HEARTS games see the player stepping into the shoes of the heroic Sora, who adventures alongside favorite Disney characters. The KINGDOM HEARTS series also features theme songs performed by international recording artist Hikaru Utada.
    Full Story: Kingdom Hearts Series Ships Over 10 Million Worldwide

• white and nerdy

Re: Kingdom Hearts Series Ships Over 10 Million Worldwide - MarketWatch, 2/5/07

If it is one of the top selling game series in the world, and it only has three games out... wow. That's impressive.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Alice In WonderLand <3

I can't get enough of KingDom hearts. I am just sad that the next game will only be for the ps3, but I will probably go out of my way for a ps3 just to play kingdom hearts.

^ don't stress yet. as i understand it, square enix and disney have yet to finalize where the game is going to go. with the fact that sales of the ps3 are abyssmal, and the sales for the wii are fantastic, i have a strong feeling that the game will be launched on all consoles.

so, don't worry yet.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Pull your "Magic" finger?

Eagerly anticipating the PC launch. I haven't used a console since the Intellivision/Atari 2600 wars of the 80's.