Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

'Haunted High School Musical' to Hit the Big Screen in '08 - MarketWatch, 2/8/07

MarketWatch, 2/8/07
    Disney's Phenomenal "High School Musical'' Franchise Graduates to the Big Screen in 'O8 with New "Haunted High School Musical'' Feature

BURBANK, Calif., Feb 08, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Disney's phenomenally successful "High School Musical" franchise will graduate to the big screen in 2008 with "Haunted High School Musical," an all-new musical adventure, it was announced today by Oren Aviv, president of production for the Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group. The original "High School Musical," an Emmy Award-winning Disney Channel Original Movie that premiered in 2006, went on to reach over 100 million unique viewers worldwide. In the U.S., the movie's soundtrack was the #1 album of the year in 2006 (certified quadruple platinum by the RIAA) and is a top-seller in international territories. Additionally, 6.5 million DVD units have been sold to date around the world. The success of the movie led to a sold-out 42-date arena concert tour featuring cast members Ashley Tisdale, Vanessa Hudgens, Lucas Grabeel, Corbin Bleu, Monique Coleman, and special guest star Drew Seeley (Zac Efron was unavailable due to his movie production schedule). Additionally, Disney Theatrical has licensed the script for local school productions, and it is anticipated that 2000 schools will produce stage versions in the first year alone. "High School Musical 2," reuniting the film's original cast with director Kenny Ortega, will premiere on Disney Channel this summer.

Commenting on the announcement, Aviv said, "Given the enormous universal appeal and phenomenal popularity of the 'High School Musical' franchise, we wanted to bring that same energy, excitement and entertainment to the big screen with a unique and original idea. We're now ready to transform 'High School Musical' into a memorable theatrical musical experience with 'Haunted High School Musical."

Rich Ross, president, Disney Channel Worldwide, added, "When people think 'big screen' for a TV movie, they generally don't think this big - but no plasma TV could contain our plans for 'High School Musical 3,' thanks to the Walt Disney Studios."
    Full Story: Disney's Phenomenal "High School Musical'' Franchise Graduates to the Big Screen in 'O8 with New "Haunted High School Musical'' Feature

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: 'Haunted High School Musical' to Hit the Big Screen in '08 - MarketWatch, 2/8/07

Haunted Mansion High School Holiday anyone? Anyone?

• Why do you keep talking?

Re: 'Haunted High School Musical' to Hit the Big Screen in '08 - MarketWatch, 2/8/07

What the hell?
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Jambo!

Oh I hope this doesnt do well... They will probably add High School Musical folks to The Haunted Mansion if it does

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Uhm...I'm giving this a no.

• Huh?

Followed by Pirates of the High School Musical? Then High School Musical Jamboree? Maybe it's a small high school musical? High School Musical's Scary Adventures? Dumbo the Flying High School Musical? Superstar High School Musical? Hall of High School Musical? The Enchanted High School Musical? The Main Street Electrical High School Musical? High School Musical Cruise? Indiana Jones and the High School Musical of the Forbidden Eye? Honey, I Shrunk the High School Musical? Space High School Musical? Buzz Lightyear's High School Musical? Soarin' Over High School Musical? It's Tough To Be a High School Musical? High School Musical-Vision 3-D? Sleeping Beauty High School Musical? Submarine High School Musical? High School Musical with Crush? Splash High School Musical? Big Thunder High School Musical? High School Musical Island? Adventure Through Inner High School Musical? Carousel of High School Musical? InnovenHighSchoolMusical? High School Musical Encounter? El Rio del Musicale de la Escuela Secundaria? Journey Into ^YOUR^ High School Musical Starring Figment? The Making of High School Musical? High School Musical Wars? The Universe of High School Musical? Living With the High School Musical? The Living High School Musical? Maelstrom? O High School Musical? The Wonders of High School Musical? High School Musical Tower of Terror? High School Musical starring Aerosmith? High School Musical Epic Stunt Spectacular? Sci-Fi Dine-In High School Musical? If You Had High School Musicals? Test High School Musical? Spaceship High School Musical? High School Musical's Philharmagic?

Ok... I better stop there.
    -Tim

• Happy Memories

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Wow, really milkin this for all its worth, are we Disney?

Yikes.

• rockin butter sponge!

i couldn't find a horse...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Wow, really milkin this for all its worth, are we Disney?

Yikes.
    Do you think anyone said this to 20th Century Fox or George Lucas about 'Star Wars'...?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mineux View Post
    i couldn't find a horse...
    Is this what you're looking for?

I always have a spare on backup.
    -Tim

• Directly directed

That's crazy talk. Who comes up with these bizarre ideas?

• Banned User

and to coincide with the release of the movie, disney will open their newest themepark... featuring attractions that FrumiousBoojum just named!

it will open in Disneyland resort as well as disneyland paris...

you wanted a third gate right...

(is this going to end.. wait. if this is a real movie maybe it might not be tacky and show the real.. never mind its disney and they dont mes with something that makes money...)

• n/a

Uggggggggh
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

i really don't know remotely what the story could be about...except a high school dance.....or party....or the stage being haunted by Darbis/Sharpays Gilted lover/Ryan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast