• Sshhh, being very quiet

Disney DREAM Job...just got this email

I received this email through careerbuilder.com

Disney Dream Job Contest

Find Jobs | Post / Edit Resumes | Create / Edit Job Alerts
    In Partnership With:
    How would you like to play a “role” in the Disney magic for a day, while enjoying a family vacation during The Year of a Million Dreams?
    By submitting an audition video to the Disney Dream “Job” Contest, you could win a vacation for four people to Disneyland® Resort and live out your Dream “Job” as an honorary Disney Cast Member for one day. Check out the fun Dream “Job” options available:
    You only have 9 days left to apply. Grab a video camera and upload your audition video before it’s too late!

This is the first I've heard of this contest.

• Banned User

Re: Disney DREAM Job...just got this email

ohhhh that sounds fun. do it Clair!!

• Oh my Goodness!

Yeah, I heard about this in the Official Podcast. I'm trying to think how I may do it... it sounds sooo awesome!

• All you need is LOVE

Wow a disney Job

• Toys 'R' Us Kid

Year of a Million Dreams: Dream Job.

Here's a nice little gem I found in a Google Ad today. I took a look, decided to see how rust my Journalism skills had gotten and whip this up. Enjoy.

Looks like like the Year of a Million dreams has a new dream to show us all: http://www.careerbuilder.com/disneydreamjobs/home.asp]Honorary Cast Member.[/url]

In a joint promotion between CareerBuilder.com and Disney's theme park division, the general public has been invited to try out for one of five dream jobs. Would be Pirates, Princesses-in-waiting, Jungle Cruise Skippers, Wild Cat Cheerleaders and Creepy Butlers have been invited to submit 45 second videos to show off their talent and say way they want the job at Disneyland.

According to the Contest's Web site, creativeness and a costume are both a plus. So is being able to travel during June 9th-12th.

But all is not as it seems. In light of the Disneyland Resort's current employee retention nightmare, there is all so a link that connects people to website a so they can "Learn More about Employment at Opportunities at Disney Parks" It may be someone's long term dream job but the pay still isn't that great.

Suggestion: Go for the Honorary Cast Member spot and leave the long term plan "Dream Job" alone for now.

More info can be found at http://www.careerbuilder.com/disneydreamjobs/home.asp

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Year of a Million Dreams: Dream Job.

Thanks for sharing wow Disney is everywhere

• Banned User

A 4-day/3-night vacation package is more than any compensation a regular CM gets!

• Minion

O.k....so, you have to submit a video of yourself stating WHY you want to be a CM at Disneyland?

Here is a TDA dream entry:

"Hi! My name is _ and I really want to work as a Disneyland Cast Member. I have no social life so working 16 hours a day will be no problem. I also still live with my parents so the pay rate of 8 dollars an hour is fine with me. The magic of working at the happiest place on earth is enough reward for me. I don't plan on going to college so you won't have to worry about changing my schedule or anything like that. So please hire me!"

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    ohhhh that sounds fun. do it Clair!!

Oh no no...I wasn't implying I would apply for this. I was just stating that since I get careerbuilder.com emails (really don't know WHY) they sent me this.

So like CL said...Disney is everywhere these days.!

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    O.k....so, you have to submit a video of yourself stating WHY you want to be a CM at Disneyland?

Here is a TDA dream entry:

"Hi! My name is _ and I really want to work as a Disneyland Cast Member. I have no social life so working 16 hours a day will be no problem. I also still live with my parents so the pay rate of 8 dollars an hour is fine with me. The magic of working at the happiest place on earth is enough reward for me. I don't plan on going to college so you won't have to worry about changing my schedule or anything like that. So please hire me!"
    Don't forget to mention your deep masochism and your complete lack of self-respect.

you can go to youtube and see some of the video entrys..........creepy