Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face Singles Awareness Day

I was just wondering how others, who are just as unlucky as myself in terms of love, have spent their Valentines Day or as some have come to call it, Singles Awareness Day. S.A.D for short, which happens to be a fitting acronym if there is such a thing. For me it's rather depressing walking around campus watching make out fest after make out fest while listening to rather sappy love songs. I dunno something about this time of year makes me feel insecure about myself. Anyways enough with the self pity.......how do other single people celebrate this rather depressing day of the year?

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Singles Awareness Day

Either treat it just like some other day, or band together with 1 or more other singles and have a night on the town.

• Practically Perfect

yeah, campus was the worst! So many people walking around with flowers and such (do you REALLY need to bring that to class?). As for me, I spent it working this evening...but, when I got home I went and got fast food with my roomies and then watched movies!

• Basking in birthday love

Last night was bad, when they had this mariachi band wandering around campus serenading people (including, apparently, someone right above me). Very obnoxious. Other than that, I have had very little awareness of my singlehood today, so it hasn't been too bad. Now I think I'm going to settle in with some decidedly unromantic movie... I'm thinking maybe Road to Perdition. Not a love interest in sight.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    Now I think I'm going to settle in with some decidedly unromantic movie... I'm thinking maybe Road to Perdition. Not a love interest in sight.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie. It's incredible... even when I saw it for the first time and knew what was gonna happen, i just loved the way it was shot.

And hehe... I had a nice romantic dinner at Costco. A slice of pizza, hot dog, and drink. Couldn't beat the price!

Then I went home and watched Gandhi for the first time.

Yeah... what a night. And it's Feb 15th now... happy st. skeletor's day!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shubisha

I'm eating leftover pasta watching South Park. That count?

I spent it with my nephew.

Now before you jump to conclusions, his girlfriend is a waitress at a nice restaurant. She had to work tonight, and he wanted to be with her....so what better way than to be a customer in her section? We had a great time. Awsome food, grog, and the best service imaginable.

• Why do you keep talking?

I worked and got candy and Valentines (like the kind kids pass out in school) it was fun (and the store was friggin' DEAD so I loved that!)
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Either treat it just like some other day, or band together with 1 or more other singles and have a night on the town.

That's how i went from tuning off the radio in the morning during the "love songs" "love dedications" and "greatest love story ever" to having a really good evening
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

I was on here.

I did not feel like going to the campus to hang out, it just gets so sappy. And the college had a celebration for it.

But the love continued today with a few of my friends who are dating.

it really makes me sad that I can't find anybody.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i had to work blowing up baloons all day, other than that i treated it as a normal day..except i bought flowers for a friend
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Neep meep beep

Singles Appreciation Day, I say! Appreciate those who stand on their own two feet without needing another!

• Huh?

Campus was closed. I stayed home most of the day. Nothing special. Didn't depress myself over it too much.

Except for that fortune cookie incident. It didn't come true! Grrr.
    -Tim

You guys don't have to read this, it's just a vent.

Valentine's Day is depressing even if you're in a relationship. Well, holidays just seem depresssing to me in general because of rediculous expectations placed on them. Valentine's Day is too expensive for one thing. My husband sent me flowers. I worked at my school until 12 noon and then went to my other school to teach after school band. The flowers were delivered to my morning school and didn't arrive till 4:30. I'm sure he had to pay at least $100 for them. Delivery flowers are way too overpriced. He said it was supposed to be 30 tulips and I got 27. They are already dying today. What's up with that? I asked him to not do that and he did it anyway. It was depressing to watch the news too becasue they hype all this crazy stuff that guys do for their girlfriends or crazy proposals that are not realistic and cost thousands of dollars. Unreal. I just get annoyed that anything that is romantic supposedly has to cost thousands of dollars. No one has ever taken me out on Valentine's day. Is the romance a myth? I know my husband loves me but the hype is killing me. Does anyone do anything nice on Valentines day? It's fun for kids though, they all get bags of candy and Valentines from everyone else in their class, even if they're enemies. That's nice. Five of my 850 students gave me a Valentine so that was nice. I got a cute teeny tiny mini Starbucks mug with Kisses in it, and 4 Valentine notes. That was nice because it wasn't expected. Since I see my kids for a half hour a week they don't usually think of me when teachers usually get presents (Teacher Appreciation Day, Christmas, etc.) I say that unexpected presents are the best. That's why my Valentines from kids were great. In general, I'd rather get suprises than stuff on days when it's expected.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Singles Appreciation Day, I say! Appreciate those who stand on their own two feet without needing another!
    Got that right!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brigeet View Post
    You guys don't have to read this, it's just a vent.

Valentine's Day is depressing even if you're in a relationship. Well, holidays just seem depresssing to me in general because of rediculous expectations placed on them. Valentine's Day is too expensive for one thing. My husband sent me flowers. I worked at my school until 12 noon and then went to my other school to teach after school band. The flowers were delivered to my morning school and didn't arrive till 4:30. I'm sure he had to pay at least $100 for them. Delivery flowers are way too overpriced. He said it was supposed to be 30 tulips and I got 27. They are already dying today. What's up with that? I asked him to not do that and he did it anyway. It was depressing to watch the news too becasue they hype all this crazy stuff that guys do for their girlfriends or crazy proposals that are not realistic and cost thousands of dollars. Unreal. I just get annoyed that anything that is romantic supposedly has to cost thousands of dollars. No one has ever taken me out on Valentine's day. Is the romance a myth? I know my husband loves me but the hype is killing me. Does anyone do anything nice on Valentines day? It's fun for kids though, they all get bags of candy and Valentines from everyone else in their class, even if they're enemies. That's nice. Five of my 850 students gave me a Valentine so that was nice. I got a cute teeny tiny mini Starbucks mug with Kisses in it, and 4 Valentine notes. That was nice because it wasn't expected. Since I see my kids for a half hour a week they don't usually think of me when teachers usually get presents (Teacher Appreciation Day, Christmas, etc.) I say that unexpected presents are the best. That's why my Valentines from kids were great. In general, I'd rather get suprises than stuff on days when it's expected.

Uh yeah, exactly why I had a happy SAD.

no gifts to give
    no expectations
    no flowers
    nobody at the gym
    = happy me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast