• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

'Cinderella III' a good fit atop DVD chart - The Hollywood Reporter, 2/15/07

The Hollywood Reporter, 2/15/07
    'Cinderella III' a good fit atop DVD chart

Score another one for Buena Vista Home Entertainment's lucrative business of producing direct-to-video sequels to its animated classics.

"Cinderella III" topped the national DVD sales chart its first week in stores, despite heavy competition from DreamWorks/Paramount's "Flags of Our Fathers," the Clint Eastwood-helmed war drama that's up for two Oscars.

"Cinderella III" sold about 80% more copies than second-ranked "Flags," according to Nielsen VideoScan First Alert data. "Flags" did manage a first-place finish on the video rental chart for the week ending Feb. 11, generating an estimated $7.7 million in rental revenue, or 23% of its theatrical earnings.
    Full Story: 'Cinderella III' a good fit atop DVD chart

Re: 'Cinderella III' a good fit atop DVD chart - The Hollywood Reporter, 2/15/07

UUUUGH... That means Disney will desicrate some other poor unsuspecting classic!

• Disneyland is your land.

Re: 'Cinderella III' a good fit atop DVD chart - The Hollywood Reporter, 2/15/07

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I guess, I really wish this thing would've tanked. Not that I am saying that it is complete garabage I just wish they could be using the talent they are using for these things and creating ORIGINAL and COMPELLING stories.

Just rehashing the basic storyline of a previous story is nothing new or exciting. Just trying to get the cow for all its worth..........I wonder if those executives even know who founded the company.
    Class of 2005...

Wherever hinges creak in doorless chambers...

actually in my opinion cinderella III is the best sequal they've made (lets hope they dont make more) but really it isnt that awful.

|~~Andy~~|

• Disney worshipper/geek

I saw the 8-minute sample the official website offered. Not only was it CRAP with a capital CK (K is for emphasis) but it was disturbing. I would in NO WAY show my goddaughter this. I told my aunt, no matter what she says, don't let her see it. Cinderella is her favorite Princess and she won't be able to handle it. How could you do that? It was distressing to even watch!

I don't know why they insist on doing this...I don't even know what kind of parent would allow their children to be subjected to such disgusting things, obviously stunting their development of descernment AND the possibility of traumatizing them on top of it!
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986 View Post
    I saw the 8-minute sample the official website offered. Not only was it CRAP with a capital CK (K is for emphasis) but it was disturbing. I would in NO WAY show my goddaughter this. I told my aunt, no matter what she says, don't let her see it. Cinderella is her favorite Princess and she won't be able to handle it. How could you do that? It was distressing to even watch!

I don't know why they insist on doing this...I don't even know what kind of parent would allow their children to be subjected to such disgusting things, obviously stunting their development of descernment AND the possibility of traumatizing them on top of it!
    I agree. It's the parent's responsibility to only expose his or her children to things of real quality and imagination.

Disney has so many truly wonderful films, most of them available on D.V.D., that buying these direct-to-video sequels is such a wasted opportunity to add something decent to one's library.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 02-18-2007 at 08:36 AM.

• Minion

Watch your new video, honey, while Mommy takes her generic Prozac and reads the Enquirer.