• Delawarean Girl

[Videos] Fantasmic Finale of both WDW & Disneyland

I thought maybe you MiceChatters would like to check out theses two videos of the two Fantasmic Finales. Both park's style and you be the judge on which one you like best.

The boat is personally my most favorite part of Fantasmic. But it is kind of hard for me to decide on which boat part I like the best. I love Disneyland's because Mickey drives a much bigger boat. But then again; I still like WDW's too; because the boat the Mickey drives in WDW; looks more like the boat from Steamboat Willie.

I hope you have fun viewing as I do.

Here is Disneyland's:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNXWuEYSHyk[/youtube]

Here is WDW's:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvQlrWYwv50[/youtube]
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-16-2007 at 09:46 PM.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: [Videos] Fantasmic Finale of both WDW & Disneyland

The part I hate the most about WDW's finale is that the characters have no choreography, which I think is what really lights up the Mark Twain in DL's.

I originally heard that it's because the WDW boat has no space for it, but I think it's also due to union issues, which is also the reason Snow Prince doesn't lift Snow White the way he does at DL.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Delawarean Girl

That is a good point. That is also a reason why I love the Disneyland version. I love seeing the Prince lift Snow White as well.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Carla Carlysle is the choreographer for both shows and the finale banner routine plus Steamboat Mickey's routine is the same. In the original FL show, the prince/princess routines were the same complete with lifts until equity came in and contracts were changed. Ariel cannot flip her fin past 90 degrees and no lifts can be performed.

Watch both banner routines again, they are about 99% exactly the same. Mickey's routine was changed to mirror image his original so his head is slightly turned to the audience the whole time.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    Carla Carlysle is the choreographer for both shows and the finale banner routine plus Steamboat Mickey's routine is the same. In the original FL show, the prince/princess routines were the same complete with lifts until equity came in and contracts were changed. Ariel cannot flip her fin past 90 degrees and no lifts can be performed.

Watch both banner routines again, they are about 99% exactly the same. Mickey's routine was changed to mirror image his original so his head is slightly turned to the audience the whole time.

Thank you. I will try to watch theses again and check that out myself.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The music in that show always gets to me.

• A New Kind Of Villain

When I read this the first time I suddenly thought "Um... I don't remember there being ANY banner choreography in WDW's finale." (I didn't watch the videos, but saw WDW's Fantasmic! when I was there last month.) Then I watched the video posted earlier, noticed the choreography and felt like I'd gone insane!

But I just watched the video I recorded when we saw it last month and I was right! During the show we saw, all they did was wave! They've removed the entire banner choreography!

I assumed it was one of the changes the union forced them to make...

Here's a video I found of the finale as we witnessed it:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKXMhgvVoI[/youtube]
    (Funny how you hear a girl in this video yell "Where's their banners?")

P.S. = Oh Snap Son! Meg is in both WDW Finale videos!!!
    Last edited by Sadako; 02-16-2007 at 08:50 PM.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

I can assure you that when we opened the show it was the same banner routine as in CA. There were situations, when I was a CM, that we had to go "Banner 101" because of wind, rain, banner malfunctions without enough backup banners etc. Some routine was still done though. That video is just a sad attempt. I no longer work there and I will apoligize for the characters' lack of animation/enthusiasm/idea of what they're doing.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

They didn't have the banner routine when I was last in Florida either. It was probably cut for Equity reasons (does anyone know for sure?). It seems like a lot of choreography has been cut from the WDW parades as well as Fantasmic. When we take Florida fans and cast members to Disneyland they are always shocked at how much better the performances are in California.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I left the show late in 2000 so I can only tell you what I know from friends who still work there. I haven't personally watched the show since '02 because I have very high standards and there were a few roles in the show I didn't feel were being performed up to standard. If, in fact, banners have been taken out of the show something needs to be done during that time. It looks like a bunch of characters playing bumper cars. There needs to be some organized routine instead of just waving and walking aimlessly. Hopefully someone on the forum knows the current banner situation?

• A New Kind Of Villain

I left the show late in 2000 so I can only tell you what I know from friends who still work there. I haven't personally watched the show since '02 because I have very high standards and there were a few roles in the show I didn't feel were being performed up to standard. If, in fact, banners have been taken out of the show something needs to be done during that time. It looks like a bunch of characters playing bumper cars. There needs to be some organized routine instead of just waving and walking aimlessly. Hopefully someone on the forum knows the current banner situation?
    The video the OP posted was taken in 2002, however from all current reports the banners are no longer part of the show and I'm assuming it's been that way for a while now. It does look amazingly sad. I remember aerinpegadrack and I looking at each other as we were watching it going "Um... what exactly are they doing? Just waving?". I don't think even the performers know what they're supposed to be doing for the most part. If you look at the video I posted, at one point Donald actually starts doing the Robot. I'M NOT KIDDING!!!
    Julie Rei

woah, the whole boat part looks really unorganized without the synchronized choreography

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    The video the OP posted was taken in 2002, however from all current reports the banners are no longer part of the show and I'm assuming it's been that way for a while now. It does look amazingly sad. I remember aerinpegadrack and I looking at each other as we were watching it going "Um... what exactly are they doing? Just waving?". I don't think even the performers know what they're supposed to be doing for the most part. If you look at the video I posted, at one point Donald actually starts doing the Robot. I'M NOT KIDDING!!!
    hahaha robot donald
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• Delawarean Girl

heehee That is funny.