Page 1 of 134 1234112651101 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

the official "What movie did you just see?" thread! MERGED

If there's another thread like this, forgive me. I haven't seen one in a while.

This is how it works. Go see a movie. Post what you saw and what you thought of it. Micechatters can see what movies people have been watching and maybe find something they'll want to hurry up and see or one that they'd want to majorly skip out on.

This is ALL movies... theatrical and dvd rental or whatever! Just NO major spoilers, k?

I'll start with the last few movies I saw this week.

EPIC MOVIE -- Now, in 2006 I decided that 'DATE MOVIE' was the all time worst movie I've ever seen. But I was wrong... that title belongs to EPIC MOVIE! This is soooooo bad. I'm talking a complete waste of time. Yes, I've seen every movie it parodies... but are they really parodies or are they just recreating the same scene from the movie but with less sense of direction? HORRIBLE.
    Grade: .5 / 10 (yes, there's a decimal in front)

STOMP THE YARD -- Ok ok ok.. I know what you're gonna say. "why??" Well, I haven't seen 'YOU GOT SERVED' but I imagine this not being the same. It's actually NOT THAT BAD! But it's incredibly cliche and kinda dumb. But it makes up for it for showing us some fun STEPS! that's right... it's a college movie about competing frat houses who STEP against each other. I know it sounds weird but it's kinda neat. Think of this like a "bring it on" but for urban boys.
    Grade: 5/10

LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA -- Wow. What a fantastic film. If you've seen 'FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS', then you really owe it to yourself to see this one because it's so much better. The story structure is much more linear and easier to follow, and while the scenes of war are pretty darn horrific, there's a poetic grace about the film that is really moving. Both fighting sides are shown in good and bad light. The film is also subtitled, which also makes it feel more authentic. It's really an amazing film.
    Grade: 9/10

DREAMGIRLS -- I'm one of the few who absolutely had no interest in seeing this movie. I didn't know what it was about, I didn't want to know what it was about, it just didn't interest me. I didn't even watch the trailer. But ya know, I'm glad when a movie is so entertaining that it proves me wrong. The songs are amazing and is a lot of fun to watch. I hated 'chicago' but fully endorse this one.
    Grade: 8/10

(i took the week off okay?)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• my two sunshines

Re: the official "What movie did you just see?" thread!

Unfortunately I've heard of every ending of all movies out lately - my daughter got a job in a movie theatre and she has told me the funny and the sad endings and which ones she was scared to death of- tho we all get to see movies for free now (that is a good perk) I just now know what happens all the time, so I can wait! LOL

I do know that she said that she will volunteer for Harry Potter and Pirates theatres when they come out so she can see them over and over and over - she won't watch the endings but she will be in there on the first showings of each - I told her I would take her new cell phone away if she tells me anything about either! That stopped her in her tracks! LOL

• Shablagoo!

I hate spoilers.

Last movie I saw was Pan's Labyrinth. I'm not in the mood to right a big review so I will say that I loved it and leave it at that.

• Minion

Smokin' Aces. It was entertaining in some dumb way.

• Directly directed

Pan's Labryinth for me too. I thought it was really good but incredibly disturbing. I knew it would be gory but I did not expect it to be greusome. I'd give it a 10/10 for the over all movie itself becuase it was really well done but an 8/10 for story. I just really don't care for bloody movies, the childbirth scene, and that there was a higher ratio of real world to fantasy world.

• Circle of Ancients

The Departed

Best movie of 2006

Hollywoodland

Worst movie of 2006

• Original Mice-Chatter

Does it have to be theatre releases?

I just saw Music and Lyrics! A totally cute rom-com. I love Drew Barrymore and I like Hugh Grant. Hugh Grant has the dry humor joke delivery down. Drew Barrymore cannot not be cute. My husband even enjoyed it (shocker!). First two-thirds of the movie were more enjoyable than the last third though, but worth watching if you're a rom-com and Barrymore and Grant fan like me.

• Banned User

Strangely...I just saw "Casablanca". LOVED IT! I have a whole list of old classics on Netflix. Even though I'm in my mid-40's, I'd never seen a lot of these great old movies.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Does it have to be theatre releases?

Nope, any movie will do! Whether you saw it on tv, rented it, bought it, or went to the theater. Reviews don't have to be as in depth as you think. Just a few reasons why you liked it (or didn't like it).

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I got The Departed over the weekend and loved loved loved it.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I haven't been to the movies since Borat was out but last weekend on cable I watched...

Don Juan DeMarco
    10 Things I Hate About You (again)
    Bring It On (again)
    Mean Girls (again)

I always try to see all of the nominated movies before the Oscars. So, I recently saw "The Departed", "Babel" & "Little Miss Sunshine" in the past few days. All were great movies!! I, myself, especially liked "The Departed" (it's soooo Scorsese).

• Fastest Man Alive

Peter Pan-- Never saw the whole thing before, finally did last week. For an older the Disney movie the pacing was pretty good. The real drawback for me was that Capt. Hook was not a good heavy, he was too much of a buffoon to take seriously, and Tinkerbell honestly was a larger menace through the 1st half of the flick. Still, great animation, great music, memorable characters. 6/10

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Letters from Iwo Jima, loved the whole movie until the end. The Departed still gets my vote.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 1 of 134 1234112651101 ... LastLast