Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Re: George Takei talks about Tim Hardaway's anti-gay remarks-

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    personally I find all this bad.. on all angles

1) a person isn't allowed to have an opinion? I don't recall the constitution saying you have to like everyone. Maybe he hates white people too? As long as he doesn't discriminate against you where legally prohibited, why is he 'required' to like everyone? At least he states it outright.. rather then faking it

2) George is mocking.. but feeding the stereotype don't you think?
    Hardaway is only guilty of Ignorance. Hope he learns something.

And of course Mr. Takei is acting a "Stereotype" out for the effect of mockery upon Hardaway. Playing on the fact Hardaway said he was 'Homophobic', so Mr Takei plays it up to further induce Hardaway's "Phobia" or self confressed "Fear"...lol
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Anyone that has seen George perform in person or on TV specials...knows that he is known for kind of a "throwing it back in your face" style where he sometimes exaggerates the gay stereotype in an attempt to totally neutralize his "opponent." It's very funny to watch.

Most recently I saw him on some sort of Comedy Central or HBO roast of William Shatner. When it was George's turn at the mic, he went through the entire dais and Shatner like a hot knife through butter! He stole the show. The place was in stiches. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I literally had tears running down my face. And he was equally brutal to a few fellow gay performers there, as he was to the straight ones.

Personally...I think he's on to a new career as sort of a gay Andrew Dice Clay.

• Banned User

the one thing about this country is you are allowed to voice opinions whether they be acceptably PC or not. while I don't agree with mr hardaway. those are his feelings and he is entitled to them. I think that if they were frank, most athletes are homophobic, but I find it interesting that as of late it has been african americans who voice their homophobic beliefs.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

What if Pat Riley had said "I hate black people, ALL black people. I just don't like them, period". You can bet your a$$ Hardaway wouldn't have kept his mouth shut about that and that the world would have been pretty much anti Pat Riley lickety split.

And poor Tim. I hope he's never in a situation where say, he's having a heart attack, and the only person in the room that's a doctor is gay. Yea, people can have opinions, but sometimes it's better to keep your trap shut about them. You never know when you might need someones help from the community that you hate so much.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

I Actually Hope he chokes and gets 'gay' CPR.....lol...

And i hope there are pictures...

• Minion

Personally, I'd much rather know how a person feels than have them hide all of that hate.

Right after Tim's outburst, I went to my local barbershop for a haircut. I was shocked at the discussion that unfolded in the shop. I wouldn't even repeat some of the things I heard for the sake of description. Out of that whole shop, only myself and my barber even attempted to curb some of the anti-gay remarks. It's on thing to not approve of the way someone lives, but to have outright hatred and bigotry is another thing entirely.

I told them that less than 50 years ago, White people were having the EXACT same conversation about Blacks, and I asked them how would they feel if someone expressed such anger and hatred at us. I then had to take a look at myself. Did I think like that too? Was I at one point, saying the same hateful things that these people were?

Of all the things I enjoy about Micechat, the ability to conversate with so many different types of people is hands down the coolest. I would never have had this much interaction with so many different people and learn so much about a variety of topics and issues.

Micechat: A Different look at life!

:back to your regularly scheduled thread:

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Soul, Sad But true-

What was more shocking were the Phone calls pouring in SUPPORTING Hardaway after his little outburst... Like i said on another thread here, If only people would truly speak their minds here, people might be very surprised. (and saddened)

• Diamond In The Rough

Probably old news, but not the first time George has cracked me up -

Language warning!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDsHmFI9yc

The man is a class act!

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12