• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Britney's rehab center tab.. $48000 a month

Story at http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ory?id=2899804

Britney Picked Luxurious Rehab Center
    Britney's Luxurious Malibu Rehab Center Is the Choice of Stars

By NOAKI SCHWARTZ

MALIBU, Calif. Feb 23, 2007 (AP)— Gourmet meals, masseuses, 500-thread-count sheets and private rooms with a fireplace and a view of one of the city's most exclusive beaches. It sounds like a high-end resort and it is for the rich and famous looking to kick an addiction.
    Called Promises Residential Treatment Center, it's the place Britney Spears is supposed to call home for the next month while she attempts to grab control of a life that looked to be spinning out of control.
    In a little over a week, the singer reportedly checked in and out and in and out and then in again to rehab, shaved her head and got tiny lips tattooed on her wrist. And this flurry followed months of hard late-night partying in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
    By entering Promises, for the second time, on Thursday, Spears joined a long list of other celebrities who have trekked to the lush Malibu facility to overcome addictions. Promises alumni includes Ben Affleck, Charlie Sheen, Diana Ross and Matthew Perry.
    Treatment doesn't come cheap. A 30-day stay is $48,000.
    What kind of perks can patients expect for $1,600 a night at the 16-person facility? A personal trainer, beautician, private counseling session and no chores. The sprawling grounds of the Mediterranean-style villa tucked in the Santa Monica Mountains include tennis and basketball courts, two pools and nearby horseback riding facilities.
    "These people are wealthy, wealthy," Malibu Mayor Ken Kearsley says of the clientele. "They don't call them gourmet cooks there, they call them `recovery nutritionists.'"
    A typical recovery lunch: Korean short ribs, pot stickers, sashimi, Thai chicken coconut soup and teriyaki chicken.
    If the perks alone aren't enough to keep her at Promises, Spears need only reflect on the possibility she could lose custody of her two young children to estranged husband Kevin Federline if she doesn't complete the program.
    Promises helped launch the so-called "Malibu Model" of rehab when it opened in 1989. There is also a facility in West Los Angeles and The Promises Foundation for low-income single mothers in Culver City.
    Some proponents of the high-life approach to kicking drugs and alcohol have criticized more traditional institutional facilities for being too draconian. Such facilities provide Spartan conditions and can require clients to make their own coffee and mop the floors.
    Malibu is the high-end detox destination. In this 27-mile-long seaside enclave of 14,000 that many celebrities call home, there are about 25 rehab centers with inviting names like Harmony Place, Renaissance and Cliffside Malibu.
    "Even though we created this very exclusive model of treatment we're firmly grounded in the 12-step tradition which differentiates us from a lot of other programs," Promises founder and CEO Richard Rogg says.
    The facility's Web site shows rooms decorated in serene shades of blue, a couple laughing playfully beside lapping waves and a woman with her hand outstretched to a horse. The site promises an "unparalleled recovery experience" and refers to itself as the choice of business executives and government officials in addition to celebrities.
    "The London Times, People Magazine and Time Magazine, among others, have extolled our virtues on their pages," the Web site boasts.
    Steve Cron, a Santa Monica criminal defense attorney, has visited numerous clients at Promises and played pingpong by one of the pools.
    "I've often said if I had nothing else to do and a substance abuse problem and had $40,000 lying around I'd go there for a vacation," he says. "All kidding aside, it's an outstanding program."
    ABC.com also has these photos of a berserk Britney attacking a car with a umbrella. She's totally lost it.

Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• I love loop jokes.

Re: Britney's rehab center tab.. $48000 a month

I honestly didn't even believe she was actually drugs until she checked into rehab the first time.

I just thought she was just going through depression and stuff.

And about her taking the umbrella and hitting that car while cursing... yeah it's a big deal and all but I hope people won't blow it out of proportion. She's been through a rough couple of days. Her ex wouldn't let her see her own kids. She was just pushed over the edge and lashed out. The girl is under a lot of pressure. Her behavior is understandable (just not acceptable).

• Queen of Sarcasm

I thought I read somewhere that not only is she not allowed to see her kids, her mom is at Fenderline's house taking care of them. Those two have come a long way consiering at one point they couldn't stand each other.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    That expensive rehab center reminded me of this place in malibu called promises, a total fakey fake rehab center for celebs when they go somewhere and rerally dont want to et better, like mary kate goes there, lindsay lohan, nicole and all the crazies. And i know for a fact that nicole richie already has a spot booked there this summer with a marble barf-atorium
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Rehab is not cheap. The bill for a month of rehab at a center here in South Dakota is $15,000.

She needs to go somewhere and get help. Having a breakdown in the media is not going to help her get any better. Its really unfortunate that she has no one that cares about her enough to save her from herself.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Queen of Sarcasm

From what I read she attacked the car of a photog because Fenderline wouldn't let her see the kids? That is out of control.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
    Rehab is not cheap. The bill for a month of rehab at a center here in South Dakota is $15,000.

She needs to go somewhere and get help. Having a breakdown in the media is not going to help her get any better. Its really unfortunate that she has no one that cares about her enough to save her from herself.
    With this batch of child celebs, they don't really care about anyone else other than themselves. It's very sad.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    From what I read she attacked the car of a photog because Fenderline wouldn't let her see the kids? That is out of control.
    I heard audio of it this morning. She asked the paparazzi to stop, they didnt and she flipped. While I understand that she was upset that Kevin wouldnt let her see the kids, I also understand why.
    She needs to regain control.
    When you have kids you dont get to pick and choose when you're a parent. You're a parent all the time. Shes been out partying all the time, and then doing things like whats happened in the last week.
    She needs help.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Rahab = big bucks for those who run them.

Did you know the owner of the "48 hour" Rehab facility that Miss America recently attended is owned by Donald Rumsfeld?

Rehab is becoming 'Babysitting' for rich brats. It is very "In" right now.

Those in need of real rehab have to go without.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• See what I got?

Let me preface this by saying, Federline isn't exactly a model citizen either.

HOWEVER, were I in his position, I wouldn't want my kids to be around her either right now.

I used to think Britney was an idiot, but now I just feel sorry for her. She is four months younger than I am, but she seems like a lost little girl. She needs help, her kids need her to get help. I hope that she pulls through this for her kids sake at the very least.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Rehab may not be cheap...but Britney always will be.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

48,000 a month? Do they have a nightly rate? She needs a discount because she can't seem to stay there more than 24 hours.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

does the price go up each time she checks in and back out....then in again?
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I honestly wonder who's crazier now. Britney or Tom Cruise?

• Queen of Sarcasm

At this point I think Britney is winning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast