View Poll Results: Should Roy V Disney's case be dismissed?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, The Court should not review this case.

4 16.67%
  • No, The Court should review this case.

20 83.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    That may be true- it doesn't mean he is not making clear and valid points...Maybe he is just making too much sense for you to handle!
    This statement is both sad and amazing to me. Reading laman6's posts, I've been thinking, 'no one here would really swallow any of this.' And yet it seems some have. I thought that MiceChat was the one place on the web were the Disney fans were truly informed, not just willing to slurp up the company line with a couple of spoonfuls of sugar, and whether you think laman6 is paid to post here or not, that is exactly what he writes--the company line. I've said it many times, and I hope I have enough credibility here to be taken seriously. If no action is taken, the Disney parks will continue to discintigrate. The impact will be noticble to everyone in two years and in a couple of decades they will look like Knott's. If you don't belive me, do what Kevin Yee does, go back and study what WDW offered in 1998 and for how much money and then compare that to what it offers today, then do the same for 1994 and 1990. You will see a real decline. If you think DL is in great shape today, take a look at what it was like in 1995 for $22 less. Animation is in worse shape. Read DisneyWar, see Dream on Silly Dreamer, read SaveDisney. This info comes from real insiders sharing their observations, not company propoganda. Please wake-up. If the Disney fan community is mobalized, it can make great changes. Please, stay informed and read everything that comes from the company with a critical mind set.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    sorry if you think its sad, no wait, I don't- maybe you have missed the point of the message board. It is a place to, um DISCUSS things, a place to share ideas- I for one, have been interested by the POV he brings. You don't have to agree with everything someone says to be interested by them and respect the perspective they share. I have worked for the company for 5 years now and have a more unique perspective than most- I started out in theme parks and now work in the motion picture arm of the company. I really resent being called uninformed based on ONE post out of thousands I have made.

No one opinion is totally right or wrong, its just an opinion and you are free to agree or disagree- he has made interesting points- just because you don't happen to agree with him doesn't mean he is wrong. And I never said I agreed with him either. What I was criticizing was him being attacked by someone who has made no noticable contribution to the discussion at hand. The person being attacked, IMO, has been thoughtful and shared some interesting information. He has also been VERY upfront as to where his perspective as a disney employee comes from. To call him out based on a rumor is immature and has no place on this board. And then to imply he is covertly trying to brainwash us is insulting to say the least. Respect the intelligence of your fellow board members enough to let them make their own decisions.

I am not saying I disagree with the points you are making either, in fact, I really haven't said WHAT I think about the discussion. But to quash thoughtful and intelligent discussion by lambasting someone as a "company stiff" when you don't even know if that is true is just as sad and amazing.

It reminds me of a born again christian trying to tell me that as a life-long Catholic that I don't know the Bible or anything about God, that he knows the truth that I somehow missed out on. Try reading my other postings before making rediculous judgements and assumptions about me.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

sorry if you think its sad, no wait, I don't- maybe you have missed the point of the message board. It is a place to, um DISCUSS things, a place to share ideas- I for one, have been interested by the POV he brings. You don't have to agree with everything someone says to be interested by them and respect the perspective they share. I have worked for the company for 5 years now and have a more unique perspective than most- I started out in theme parks and now work in the motion picture arm of the company. I really resent being called uninformed based on ONE post out of thousands I have made.

No one opinion is totally right or wrong, its just an opinion and you are free to agree or disagree- he has made interesting points- just because you don't happen to agree with him doesn't mean he is wrong. And I never said I agreed with him either. What I was criticizing was him being attacked by someone who has made no noticable contribution to the discussion at hand. The person being attacked, IMO, has been thoughtful and shared some interesting information. He has also been VERY upfront as to where his perspective as a disney employee comes from. To call him out based on a rumor is immature and has no place on this board. And then to imply he is covertly trying to brainwash us is insulting to say the least. Respect the intelligence of your fellow board members enough to let them make their own decisions.

I am not saying I disagree with the points you are making either, in fact, I really haven't said WHAT I think about the discussion. But to quash thoughtful and intelligent discussion by lambasting someone as a "company stiff" when you don't even know if that is true is just as sad and amazing.

It reminds me of a born again christian trying to tell me that as a life-long Catholic that I don't know the Bible or anything about God, that he knows the truth that I somehow missed out on. Try reading my other postings before making rediculous judgements and assumptions about me.

You also don't have to take cheap shots by taking rep. points from people because you don't agree with what they say........
    You should also watch your mouth when it comes to religion on message boards.......

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    ^hypocritical much?
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

^hypocritical much?
    I try not to be, but I am human. Your right, these boards are for people to express opinions, but if someone that works for Disney is coming on the boards and "spinning" or giving me "company BS" as to why they don't maintain parks or why they think TV is the future of the company, then I can call them on it, and tell them why I don't think that is the best direction.

I have said this many times and I will say it again.

A new regime (get ridd of Bob, Staggs, Michael and the rubber stamp board), sell off ABC and get back to the basics.

AWESOME movies, feature animation, and parks that are clean/top notch like they once were, and that don't make you feel ripped off paying premium price.

If you disagree, sorry, but this is America and these are discussion boards where I can disagree.

Not so much

I guess I should be laughing that someone thinks my writing skills are good enough to be part of the PR department - but unfortunately they are off the mark.

I am not paid to write on the boards (that does sound nice though a real paycheck). I do not agree many things that TWDC has done - but on the whole I do not think that things are awful.

The reason I started to post was I was curious about the other side of the debate - I hear the company POV alot so I was interested to post to get some other thoughts. I think if you have read my posts you have seen that I am not always agreeing with what TWDC has done and I am trying to listen. It is probably part of my high school debate side that I may come across as a little aggressive.. apologies.

But I do work for Disney, almost 10 years, I do not work in corporate disney (in any shape or form), i have work in several groups so I have experienced many people and projects... (I am bigger than a bread box)..

I do not disagree that the company made mistakes in the investment in the theme parks (I think I said that in an earlier post), or that there were bad investments (ABC Family)... I do not think I am saying the company line - am actually saying from my position and POV.

I totally respect the groups that believe that the theme parks and movies are the core... I just think that there is room under the tent for some of the other groups and that together they make stronger company..

(I am going to copy this message on some of the other posts that people have decided that I am some type of spy)...

Okay. I don't even know where to begin...

Dramaqueen, I never said he was "wrong" and I never said you were "wrong." Also, suggesting that people should be more informed is very different than calling any one individual uninformed. I did not do that either. I'm sorry if you took my comments to mean that I think an open debate is not healthy. I stated that information should be viewed in the context from which it comes. I belive that is central to an effective discussion.

I'm very glad you have worked for TWDC for 5 years, I hope that continues to work out for you. As long as you're not an artist, it probably will. My time at the company lasted for almost 15 years and spanned six departements, three business units and two states (read my previous posts--there are fewer of them). I have a lot of strong emotions about the way the Walt Disney Company is managed because it was a big part of my life, and still is in some ways.

Also, I don't think an honest request for people to take information with a grain of salt deserves a reputation ding (even if I may have been a tad bit rude with my "slurping" statment). And despite the fact that your post motivated my comments, they were not intended soley for you (I did not use direct address as I am using here), they were intended for the larger group. I'm sorry that was not clear. However, if I crossed the line in anyway, I appologize, but my comments were genuine, heartfelt and purposeful and not sarcastic. I hope that counts for something.

Last, but not least, if there is anything that has no place on these boards, it is a discussion involving religion.

This isn't fun anymore, I think I'll take a break from MiceChat.
    Last edited by Mr. Eggz; 06-27-2005 at 08:27 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz
    Last, but not least, if there is anything that has no place on these boards, it is a discussion involving religion.

This isn't fun anymore, I think I'll take a break from MiceChat.
    :confused:
    Discussion of religion??? She simply made a brief comparison using that as an example. I hardly think a religious discussion is going on or she said anything offensive about religion. If you are that sensitive towards a very short remark which was negative to no one, perhaps you should take a break. :confused:

Lets all vogue.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123