Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

Scientology making Cruise crazy?

OKAY* what the hell is going on? Tom Cruise is going nuts. The very guarded actor known for his lack of words for Scientology and his personal life has pulled a 180 in the last month. Known for his heroics in saving fans and being civil he has finally let his guard down.

First he is seen dating Katie Holmes an actress nearly half his age, then he professes his love in the most bizare fashion on Operh and now he is on the warpath against Brooke Shields for her recent confession of taking anti-depresents after giving birth. WTF??????????? and now this:
    Third "Mission" Impossible For Cruise?
    Posted: Thursday June 2nd, 2005 11:28pm
    Source: The New York Times
    Author: Garth Franklin

The New York Times reports that Paramount chairman Brad Grey is facing a tough decision: Whether to proceed with production of the hugely expensive "Mission: Impossible III," even as its star Tom Cruise is puzzling associates and members of the public with his behavior while promoting another Paramount venture, "War of the Worlds."

An executive for Viacom said the studio had not yet decided whether to push ahead with production, despite the tens of millions of dollars it has already been spent. Shooting was planned to begin in Italy on July 18th and to continue on location in Europe and elsewhere. Other executives say the production became an issue in recent days as the budget has climbed well over $150 million.

While promoting "War of the Worlds" over the last several weeks, Cruise has apparently engaged in an increasingly public discussion of his religion, Scientology - most notably a controversial interview with German outlet Der Spiegel.

Tongues have also been wagging over his performance on a recent "Oprah" during which he jumped around the set repeatedly professing his love for new girlfriend Katie Holmes despite many comments in the media claiming the whole Cruise/Holmes things a media stunt as both have big movies opening this month.

Cruise' publicist said she had not heard that plans for "Mission: Impossible III" were under review, and added that Mr. Cruise was in traini

Third "Mission" Impossible For Cruise?
    Posted: Thursday June 2nd, 2005 11:28pm
    Source: The New York Times
    Author: Garth Franklin

The New York Times reports that Paramount chairman Brad Grey is facing a tough decision: Whether to proceed with production of the hugely expensive "Mission: Impossible III," even as its star Tom Cruise is puzzling associates and members of the public with his behavior while promoting another Paramount venture, "War of the Worlds."

An executive for Viacom said the studio had not yet decided whether to push ahead with production, despite the tens of millions of dollars it has already been spent. Shooting was planned to begin in Italy on July 18th and to continue on location in Europe and elsewhere. Other executives say the production became an issue in recent days as the budget has climbed well over $150 million.

While promoting "War of the Worlds" over the last several weeks, Cruise has apparently engaged in an increasingly public discussion of his religion, Scientology - most notably a controversial interview with German outlet Der Spiegel.

Tongues have also been wagging over his performance on a recent "Oprah" during which he jumped around the set repeatedly professing his love for new girlfriend Katie Holmes despite many comments in the media claiming the whole Cruise/Holmes things a media stunt as both have big movies opening this month.

Cruise' publicist said she had not heard that plans for "Mission: Impossible III" were under review, and added that Mr. Cruise was in training for his stunts
    Full article CLICK HERE

*Footnotes*
    *Apparently the way I spelled ok as first posted was offensive.
    **Cruise is representing Scientology more as representative and not just a member the basis of my post/this thread is based on his comments. My opinions do not reflect those of MiceChat or the Staff.
    ***Internet does not convey tone, this thread is sarcastic in nature.
    Last edited by ah schucks; 06-03-2005 at 08:51 PM.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Yes- I think it is- I have never been a big fan of his, but now I hate his guts. I wish he would just shut up already. I hate it when celebrities act like they know everything and that we are all suppossed to care about what they think. As Brooke Shields put it- "Go back to saving the world from aliens and let women with post-partum depression decide what treatment is best for them"
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• e komo mai

I'm wondering what his deal is with people taking anti-depressants? There are tons of people on them in this country. Some people need them. I have friends who use them, it helps. Some people's bodies don't make enough seratonin for them. I guess Scientology didn't teach him compassion...?

• Minion

A LONG time ago, a handful of us were in Hollywood as we have a friend in the business and we drove past the Scientology "resort" for famous/movie people. He slowed down and said "be careful, people tend to enter but never come out!"

I just have to say each time I'm in Hollywood, we drive past what is now the Scientology church and I'm sad because that used to be Cedars of Lebanon ...where I was born. Its kinda embarassing that its now a scientology church. Another friend of mine was also born there and thought we should form some type of cult group of those born at Cedars but now how to point at the scientology building.

OOPS forgot to add this bit of news...when they were filming War of the Worlds, Tom Cruise had a tent set up for the Church of Scientology. It was supposed to be where crew members were to go for a massage, water, food, and info on the church. From what I read, many crew members got so upset they contacted their Unions and complained to either remove the tent or have other religions/faiths represented.
    Last edited by Mrs.Newseditor44; 06-03-2005 at 11:21 AM.

• Minion

I've always thought Cruise must be one of the dumbest actors to ever gain celebrity status. The following quote is from Betty Bower's (The World's Best Chirstian) latest newsletter:

Friends, I'm growing rather worried about America's current klatch of ubiquitous celebrities -- both in Hollywood, CA and Washington, DC. In our burnished "Bed, Bath & Beyonce" world of painstakingly marketed personalities, the glossy veneers are starting to peel disagreeably in the corners, revealing the disconcerting intimation that we may be a nation that only idolizes the annoying -- if not downright insane.

While watching the mechanical, laughing Scientology robot Tom Cruise on Oprah last week, it occurred to me that most famous people are only an agile publicist away from revealing to worshiping throngs that their lovable quirks are actually the somewhat less endearing red flags of acute mental illness.

America's self-appointed queen mother Oprah Winfrey, a needy narcissist with a savior complex, sat back and obsequiously enabled the televised self-destruction of a manic-depressive with mood swings like a centrifuge. Verily, Tom screamed: "I'M IN LOVE WITH A PERSON!"

To which I respond: vive le indifference!

After existing safely under the impenetrable force field of Pat Kingsley, Hollywood's most pushy flack, for over ten years, petite and preening, yet robustly heterosexual, Mr. Cruise began to confuse the Tom Cruise his publicist had created with the one who blankly gazes back at him with bland adoration in the mirror every fifteen minutes. Heady with the rancid perfume of opportunistic adulation, little Tom made the mistake that all stars suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder eventually make: thinking the public's affection is proportionate (rather than inversely proportionate) to how well we get to know a vacuous celebrity who is a member of foolish religious cult that doesn't involve a human sacrifice. So, ignoring the same advice I gave Michael Jackson (to keep his friends close, his enemies closer and his family in another country), Tom fired formidable Pat Kingsley and replaced her with his sister, the bumbling Scientologist sycophant Lee Anne DeGette.

Witnessing Mr. Cruise's real (well, to the comparative extent that any attribute of a perpetually guffawing Scientology zombie can be authentic) personality revealed on Oprah was akin to the discomfort of watching an unwieldy scab voraciously rended by a preoccupied meth junkie.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Yes, I think Tom Cruise has finally spazzed out and gone off the deep end. The Oprah appearance just cemented it for me.

Dude's lost it.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• șoș Tom șoș

More to the point his actions may finally reveal a crumbling infrastructure of Scientology and bring the roof down on Travolta and the whole lot of them.

I don't blame Paramount for easing away from using Cruise in the next Mission Impossible his bizarre behavior and direct attacks are not being well received and as such he could be a box office liability.

I really enjoy his lesser known and respected performances :Magnolia, Interview with a Vampire, Last Samurai---but he is peaked and has no where left to go with his career other than repeat himself in blockbuster after blockbuster.

• Minion

Or maybe he cracked because his ex-wife Nicole Kidman is doing so much more better than he is.....tsk tsk tsk Tom, shouldn't have left her for Penelope.

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    He obviously lost it. I think he is at the end of his career and doesn't know where to turn. Mabe it does have something to do with Nicole Kidman's success. You might be on to something Mrs.Newseditor44
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• șoș Tom șoș

Apparently my witless crack against Travolita and Cruise and Scientology makes me a biggot and not funny what so ever so I am removing it to please the bearer of bad rep. I do stand by the fact that I find Kidman's acting stiff.
    Last edited by ah schucks; 06-03-2005 at 03:12 PM.

• Minion

Nicole Kidman is not a member of scientology. I believe that his affiliation to that church partially led to their breakup. I think she's a great actress and ever since coming out of the shadows of Tom Cruise, she's picked great roles for herself. I saw previews for Bewitched and it seems pretty funny...afterall its a Will Ferrell movie... HUMMM...ok that's not saying much.

We drove around Hollywood last week as we were in the area. I'm just shocked at all the new scientology building popping up. I mean there was a scientology testing center...WTF?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I am not trying to diss scientology- everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but maybe he is not the best mouth piece for them...... Unless I am mistaken, Mr. Cruise did not get his MD- I about fell out of my chair when he said there is no scientific basis for chemical imbalances in the brain. Gee thanks for enlightening us, I guess I need to change my definition of science to include evil alien overlords out to destroy our planet. (Yes that is a central tenet to scientology)
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Newseditor44
    Nicole Kidman is not a member of scientology. I believe that his affiliation to that church partially led to their breakup.
    Nicole Kidman is Catholic. She sometimes attends my church. So, ah shucks... pbbbpft to your Scientology together 4 evah couple argument.

I think she's a good actress, but no one is as good as Kate Winslet.

And, yes. Tom Cruise just needs to stop and like... take something for that chemical imbalance in his brain that's making him batsh** effing loco.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I haven't been able to stomach Tom ever since he left Nicole. I love Nicole. Of course, now I am glad, because she seems to be doing so much better with out him and he is clearly losing his mind. Sunnygirl is right, that last appearance on Oprah sealed that.

And then today, Oprah is having Nicole on. I'll be watching. I wonder if she'll ask her what she thinks of Tom & Katie.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

I would figure the primary thing holding up production of Mission Impossible III would be Mission Impossible II. One of the worst movies ever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast