Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• keep moving forward...

oh ok good (i was scared for a bit there

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by swagdaddy
    It really makes me angry to think that these characters will not be around for my kids to love and enjoy as much as I have growing up, and still love to this day. If they are around, they will be a shell of their former selves.
    Amen! I feel that creatively and educationally, I have really gained a lot from Jim Henson's characters. A lot of my personality developed during my years in front of the TV with Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street. Honestly I wouldn't be who I am without them.

I'm doing all I can to purchase the best of Sesame Street and other Muppet programs on DVD and VHS (when DVD is not available) so that my children will be able to experience--and hopefully learn from--these hysterical, magical and truly influential personalities.

• Rawr...

I belive Fraggle Rock is coming out on DVD soon. I'm excited! I grew up with them.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Banned User

What will Disney do to the Muppets?

Probably forgo creating any original Muppet features (a la "The Muppet Movie" and "Great Muppet Caper") and recycle old, already done stories, cast with whatever B-List top 40 flavour du jour whom they are trying to hype as the lead role, regardless of how little sense it makes.

Alas, poor Kermit. We knew him well......

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    frank oz is dead i think (it sucks... ever notice that gonzo the great just doesnt sound right without him
    He does Fozzy, Miss Piggy and others, but not Gonzo.

• I was deleted.

I posted somewhere about the Muppets before. I was browing for audition information and found this. I thought Eisner was talking a lot more about the Muppets than other character groups at that meeting (except for princesses of course).

http://jobsearch.disneycareers.newjo...j&sort=dt&vw=b

There will also be a new movie - The Muppets Wizard of Oz coming to TV. Any commemts?

• Why do you keep talking?

if this is any indication, Then they're going in the right direction, very racy for Disney, I love it!
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl
    I think they should have the old tv show on the Disney Channel. I know I would watch it.

Sabrina
    I can hear the parental outcry over the violence and general non-PCness now...
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Santa Barbara, CA

They will try to make them edgy, invent new characters, and ram them down your throat (can you say Pooh?) and once successful again, run them into the ground as soon as humanly possible till they are played out and worthless.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    They will try to make them edgy, invent new characters, and ram them down your throat (can you say Pooh?) and once successful again, run them into the ground as soon as humanly possible till they are played out and worthless.
    AMEN to that!

• Que que no-tu-rah.

I don't know why I should expect Ditsy to handle another studios creations any better than their in house ones. So going by their track record, they'll dumb the Muppets down to pre-school level while raking in tons of cash, making investors very happy and fans mad as he-. . . heck.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• keep moving forward...

hmmmmm well... yeah that sounds just about right... of course that also what happened to poohand tigger too!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I dunno... but I actually watched "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" for the first time last night because Kermit, Fozzie, Animal, and Miss Piggy were featured on it.

I read an article over at JimHillMedia.com alerting me to this broadcast. There was an article there a few days ago about future Muppet projects, which seems not like much. However, the article was hopeful, saying that Disney is trying to get them back into the public eye slowly by doing things like this, which brought to my mind Kermit and Piggy hosting the Disneyland segments of the WDW Xmas Parade broadcast. (They were much more interesting than either Regis or Kelly)

Anyway, the article went on to say that they felt a lot was riding on ratings for "Muppet Wizard of Oz" in May and that the next feature hoping for a greenlight is a Muppet version of "Alice in Wonderland".

C'mon! Where are the Muppets? These adaptations are kinda fun, but I really liked the NBC movie "It's a Very Muppet Christmas Movie" because the Muppets were allowed to be themselves for the first time since "Muppets Tonight"!

If you're trying to re-introduce the characters to a new audiences, wouldn't it make more sense to show the characters as they are? I fell in love with the Muppets on "The Muppet Show", I'd love to see them again on their own instead of playing themselves as characters in an adaptation of a different story.
    Last edited by RonNYC; 03-08-2005 at 12:09 AM.

• Senior Minion

They just had Piggy and Kerme , Animal, Fozzie all on Extreme Makeover H.E.,on this edtion tonight
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Santa Barbara, CA

They missed the boat on the "Muppet's take the stand" with an Eisner Ovitz court room parody.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast