Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• keep moving forward...

the muppet factor

ok,,, so its official... the worldly known creation by jim heson the muppets is now a disney franchise... any thoghts on what disney might do with this propery?

• Happy Memories

ruin it.

• What have I done?

I love the Muppets!
    They will soon have a movie on ABC coming up soon. I cant wait for it... I will try to find all the complete info on it. When I find it I will post it!

• What have I done?

OK! "Muppets Wizard of Oz" with Ashanti is coming soon!
    Also they have stated that there are other things in the
    works but who knows really.

• far, far away from DL

I think they should have the old tv show on the Disney Channel. I know I would watch it.

Sabrina

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl
    I think they should have the old tv show on the Disney Channel. I know I would watch it.
    I second that! I love the old show, and just think of the whole generation of kids that have never even heard of it! (Plus it would take some air time away from the *Tween* shows that I'm pretty sick of... :devil: )

• Senior Minion

I think they will revive the Muppets, It seems like there has not been to much activity with Piggy and Kermy!! I'd love to see them more often.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• No bacon; sausage.

I don't hold out much hope for this union. Firstly, Disney does not own full rights. I never pinned down the full details, but they are limited in what they can do. Secondly, I've noticed that Frank Oz has had little involvement in any recent Muppets projects. It's bad enough that Henson has passed, but the Muppets with neither Henson nor Oz is unlikely to come close to meeting expectations.

I would love nothing more than for the Muppets to come out full force like they were in the 80's! (and late 70's) Think of all they had going on then:

The Muppet Show
    Muppet Movies
    Fraggle Rock
    Muppet Babies
    Sesame Street (a million times better, featuring a million times less of the annoying Elmo)

I'm sure I'm leaving some things out. I know we'll never get back to the real glory of the "Muppet years" but I love them. I think they're absolutely hysterical!

Ultimately I'd love to see a themed Muppet land (in either DCA or MGM or both!) I know they originally had plans to do that in MGM.. I'd love to see it come to fruition.

• Baybeh!

They will have them do countless movies based on long standing stories and concepts, therefore watering the characters down, and robing them of their personalities and soul. (Need I mention the 2 movies under Disney that they have already done?) Further making them fade into vague public recollection, and remain in the novelty status they have achieved since Jim Henson passed away.

I had hope when I saw "Muppets From Space" and the NBC X-mas movie, but now that Disney is in the drivers seat for them, I really think they will be ruined. Watered down, and therefore, dumbed down for today’s PC audiences.

It really makes me angry to think that these characters will not be around for my kids to love and enjoy as much as I have growing up, and still love to this day. If they are around, they will be a shell of their former selves.

• keep moving forward...

they are also coming up with (dare i say it) a muppet musical on broadway!(cue evil theme music) the idea is cool but its going too far. its true thogh... michael eisner announced it in the annual report!

• keep moving forward...

frank oz is dead i think (it sucks... ever notice that gonzo the great just doesnt sound right without him

• keep moving forward...

actually i thoght muppet treasure island was pretty good

• Banned User

Muppet babies.... I loved that show growing up on nick....

I wonder what will they do as well.. maby unearth the old Mupet Studios concept.. The Muppet movie ride.. changed around..... Imagine the possibilities....

• Rawr...

Frank Oz isn't dead. He's directing. He directed The Stepford Wives most recently. And he just finished the voice recording for Star Wars Episode III
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast