• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Angels & Demons' 2008

'Angels & Demons' looks to be on the Sony production schedule, today they sent out the following information on promotional opportunities:

ANGELS & DEMONS

Type of Opportunity: Theatrical
    Director: TBD
    Target: Teens, Adults
    Genre: Thriller
    US Timing: December 2008

Dan Brown’s first best-selling thriller will be adapted for the big screen in a prequel penned by Oscar winning screenwriter Akiva Goldsman. In a story that pre-dates THE DA VINCI CODE by three years, ANGELS & DEMONS shows us how Robert Langdon, the crime-solving Harvard professor of iconography and religious art, is pulled into these century old clashes, cover-ups and clandestine societies. Its premise centers around another murder investigation that leads Langdon on a quest to thwart a plot to blow up the Vatican during a papal conclave.

CATEGORIES AVAILABLE

Computer & Software Company
    Travel Related Comapny
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• For You!

Re: 'Angels & Demons' 2008

I loved this book so much more than the DaVinci Code - but, if I have to see Tom Hanks and that hair again....

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Hanks, Howard circle prequel to 'Da Vinci'

By Tatiana Siegel
    The Hollywood Reporter
    April 12, 2007

Columbia Pictures has moved one step closer to reuniting "The Da Vinci Code" team of star Tom Hanks and director Ron Howard.

Sources close to the project say that Hanks and Howard are in final negotiations to return for "Da Vinci" prequel "Angels & Demons."

Internet rumors have been swirling that Hanks is about to receive Hollywood's biggest payday ever to reprise his role as Harvard professor Robert Langdon.

Sony declined comment about the status of the highly anticipated project, which also derives from a Dan Brown best-seller.

But sources say the studio, which benefited from "Da Vinci's" $758 million worldwide boxoffice haul, has set an early January start date and has hired A-list casting directors Jane Jenkins and Debbie McWilliams to fill out the thriller's supporting roles.

Sources say the studio also is waiting for Akiva Goldsman to finish his adapted screenplay, which centers on Langdon, who becomes embroiled in murders involving the Illuminati and the Vatican.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...46e37256113909
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Man O Lantern

I did like this book better than Da Vinci Code, but Tom Hanks and his hair ruined the entire franchise for me and I for sure won't be seeing the movie.

• Banned User

Aw I loved Tom Hanks and his hair didn't bother me, I hope he's in it.. I hate when different people play the same character.

• Tic Tac?

I might go and see this. Like quite a few of you, I loved this book more than the Davinci code. Never got around to seeing the movie, though, so I don't know about Tom Hanks and his hair... (let me know if that's a good thing)

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I didn't see the Da Vinci Code, but have read both books (I also liked Angels & Demons better), and Tom Hanks is definitely not who I pictured playing the lead role.