Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• e komo mai

Marvel's Captain America... Dead!

He fought and triumphed over Hitler, Tojo, international Communism and a host of supervillains, but he could not dodge a sniper's bullet. Comic book hero Captain America is dead.
    After close to 60 years in print, Marvel Comics has killed off Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, one of its most famous and beloved superheroes amid an already controversial story line, "Civil War," which is pitting the heroes of Marvel's universe against one another.
    Source

• Up is Down

Re: Marvel's Captain America... Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Wow some writers have some balls!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Senior Minion

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not a big fan of the Captain, but what's up with the shock factor of killing off the big names here. Thank goodness Punisher and Ghost Rider aren't going the same route ... or I'll have to go and take care of Garth Ennis if that does happen.

• Circle of Ancients

Superman died too ... and look how popular he is.

Are they trying to make some political statement, killing off Captain America?

• Up is Down

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Superman died too ... and look how popular he is.

Are they trying to make some political statement, killing off Captain America?

Im thinking the same thing.... who knows they probably are.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

So the Alcoholic Big Company Rich Boy Tony Stark aka Iron Man killed off Captain America..........That sounds like a political statement if I ever heard one. I know this storyline is supposed to mess with the storylines of all ongoing titles big time. Spiderman goes back to his all black suit after the "Civil War" Storyline ends.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Happy Memories

If there's one thing I know about the comic book world, it's that characters don't stay dead forever. Eventually they'll come up with some wacky idea for bringing him back.

pppfffllllppp....

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    If there's one thing I know about the comic book world, it's that characters don't stay dead forever. Eventually they'll come up with some wacky idea for bringing him back.
    Except for the Dick Tracy world...

Unless you count Flat Top. He died twice. And much more dramatic than in the Beatty movie. Jumping off of a bridge and being electrocuted in the waters below was so much better than simply being gunned down!

And Breathless -- died of a horrible sickness in the prison hospital. Again, not shot.

That movie sure did like to sum up some great deaths by just shooting them a bit.
    -Tim

• Shablagoo!

As a huge Captain America fan, to say I am pissed at Marvel is an understatement. I have not read the issue yet, seeing as it just came out today.

Personally, I don't believe he will stay dead. I have a great deal of trust in Ed Brubeaker, the current writer of Captain America.

So how are they going to bring him back? My belief, the Captain who is shot is one of SHEILD's Life Model Decoys. But we will just have to see. There has also been a lot of cloning and Cosmic Cube use lately.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 03-07-2007 at 02:33 PM.

• e komo mai

I know characters always come back but I figured this was big news for people in ComicBookLandia. I used to be a big time comic book reader when I was younger. (Mostly 'Uncanny X-Men'.)

It's shocking to hear about a comic book hero's demise. It's just like when Superman, Colossus and Jean Grey died... shocking. (Although didn't Jean Grey die like 4 or 5 times now?)

• Comin' at ya!

lol I didn't know they were still making them
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
    I know characters always come back but I figured this was big news for people in ComicBookLandia. I used to be a big time comic book reader when I was younger. (Mostly 'Uncanny X-Men'.)

It's shocking to hear about a comic book hero's demise. It's just like when Superman, Colossus and Jean Grey died... shocking. (Although didn't Jean Grey die like 4 or 5 times now?)
    Hmmm, Let's see. Jean Grey has died a lot. In fact she is currently dead and has been that way for a few years. Colossus returned a year or 2 ago. Superman was dead for like a year.

It used to be said that the first rule of comics is "Bucky stays dead". However, he returned in a terrific story by Brubaeker.

It is big news to us in Comicbooklandia. tHanks for posting. I wish Marvel had kept it quiet so that it was not spolied for all the readers, but oh well. Given that there is a Captain America movie in the works, he won't be dead long.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Captain America bids farewell

Iconic comic hero gunned down by sniper

Captain America

By Erin Maxwell
    Variety
    March 7, 2007

Captain America, one of Marvel Comics oldest and most iconic characters, was killed in the latest issue of his self-titled comic book. He was 66 years old.

The legendary crime fighter was shot by a sniper's bullet while exiting the Federal Courthouse.

Captain America came on the scene in 1941 as a patriotic crime fighter who battled Nazis in World War II. Also known as Steve Rogers, the superhero served his country by signing up for a "super soldier serum," which enabled him to become the ultimate fighting machine for the U.S.

After the war, Captain America went on to battle Cold War Communists before entering suspended animation so that he may serve his country in the future. He returned to action decades later where he helped set up the Avengers and continued the good fight in his own line of comics.

In the last seven decades, Jack Kirby and Joe Simon's creation has sold 210 million comic books and has been printed in over 70 different countries.

Rogers was never married and has no known living relatives.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1350&cs=1
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Well weren't there two Capitan Americas?

They could just inject the serum into someone else, or did they stop the program.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast