Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Peter Pan Disney DVD

I've been waiting for this DVD to come out of the vault for quite some time now and it's finally out in stores. Best Buy is giving away Peter Pan dolls for free with the purchase. Does anyone else know what stores, like Wal-Mart, K-mart, or Costco are giving away any Disney items for free if you purchase the DVD?

• Drunk On Disney

Re: Peter Pan Disney DVD

The best site I have found for this info is dvdfanboy.com, particularly in the exclusive and bonus dvd forum:
    http://www.dvdfanboy.com/bb/viewforu...809a581ec99f6b

They mention a special bonus disc at Wal-Mart:
    Wal-Mart has a bonus 3rd disc along with the 2-disc Platinum Edition DVD for Peter Pan. The disc is entitled: Journey to Neverland with Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and Her Friends.
    However, in the past year or so I have noticed the Wal Mart discs to be all fluff, often stuff that is ON the actual DVD and mostly DVD rom material. They also charge an extra $5 for the Dvd if it's bundled with the bonus disc, so I don't think it is worth it (most of the time.)

Best Buy has an action figure of Peter you get with purchase. They also have a lunch box, but I think you have to buy more than one DVD for that.

I didn't buy this edition of Peter Pan, because I had the special edition. It didn't seem like it's enough of an upgrade for my tastes. I had watched that DVD recently and I was surprised at how good the transfer looked. I hear the new one is better, but this one is good enough I think.

Anyone else upgrade? Or not upgrade?

• keep moving forward...

this is certainly exciting, I bought the DVD last night and watched it for the first time in atleast 5 years, I found it interesting how different I found the movie now that I was watching it with an adult mind.

the movie is still as magical and enjoyable as i remember

• Queen of Sarcasm

I saw it at Wal Mart last night and they were advertising some t shirt with it. I saw it at the El Capitan last month after not seeing it since I was 8. I liked to but we are deciding if we should buy it or not.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I upgraded mine. I'll be giving my older one to my niece, don't think she'll care about the special features, LOL. Watched it yesterday during dinner and it's very clear and bright. Want to watch the special features disc today, especially the Walt Disney section as to why he chose to make Peter Pan. I got my DVD at Best Buy, got a free Wendy action figure. Only ones they had left at 4:30PM yesterday were her, Peter Pan, and Captain Hook. If all the choices were there, I would have gotten Mr. Smee. Think they ran out of the lunchboxes at my local Best Buy though. I believe the ad said you can buy it for $4.99 when you bought the Peter Pan film. Also picked up Borat. Big difference in the two movies I bought, aren't they?

• From rags to riches!

I love Peter Pan...especially "The Second Star To The Right" number. Makes me feel like a kida again. Plus it has pirates!!!
    Pirates have the most fun

Jack : You need to find yourself a girl, mate! Or perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch, are you? [looks down]

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    The best site I have found for this info is dvdfanboy.com, particularly in the exclusive and bonus dvd forum:
    http://www.dvdfanboy.com/bb/viewforu...809a581ec99f6b

They mention a special bonus disc at Wal-Mart:

However, in the past year or so I have noticed the Wal Mart discs to be all fluff, often stuff that is ON the actual DVD and mostly DVD rom material. They also charge an extra $5 for the Dvd if it's bundled with the bonus disc, so I don't think it is worth it (most of the time.)

Best Buy has an action figure of Peter you get with purchase. They also have a lunch box, but I think you have to buy more than one DVD for that.

I didn't buy this edition of Peter Pan, because I had the special edition. It didn't seem like it's enough of an upgrade for my tastes. I had watched that DVD recently and I was surprised at how good the transfer looked. I hear the new one is better, but this one is good enough I think.

Anyone else upgrade? Or not upgrade?
    Thank you so much for the link. Now I have to decide which store to buy my DVD at. Oy Ve!

Credit to speedy1961 of dvdtalk forums.

Circuit City:

Peter Pan: 2 DVD Platinum Edition >>>> $16.99

Exclusive:
    -Free Interactive CD-ROM with purchase // Includes games, wallpapers, fun facts & more!

-----------------

Best Buy:

Peter Pan: 2 DVD Platinum Edition >>>> $16.99

Exclusive:
    -Get a Peter Pan Lunch Box for only $4.99 when you buy Peter Pan on DVD // Minimum 18 Per store // No rain checks // Regular lunch box price = $9.99

-Free Peter Pan Pirates Hero Figure when you buy Peter Pan on DVD // Figures vary by store // Limit one per customer // Minimum 24 per store // Figure value =$3.99 // Figures shown in ad are Peter Pan , Wendy and Captain Hook // No rain checks

-Save $3 Instantly on any Disney DVD when you purchase DVD on the same receipt as Peter Pan

Peter Pan offers not valid with any other offers

-----------------

Target:

Peter Pan: 2 DVD Platinum Edition >>>> $15.99

Exclusive:
    -Light Up Pin included with Peter Pan DVD // Items packaged together // Quantity Limited // No rain checks // Pin looks upper left quadrant of Peter Pan DVD cover and shows Peter Pan & Tinkerbelle

Wow.. I wish I knew about these deals.. I bought mine for 16$ at the supermarket, wish I could have gotten some extra goodies! I will defiantely be watching this DVD tomorrow or over the weekend!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Yeah, I went yesterday after work... Best Buy didn't have any figs or lunchboxes left. Thought Target would have some - Target had NOTHING. AT ALL. So I am Peter Pan-less Sucks.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    DH bought it at Best Buy today and I got a Peter Pan figure as well as the lunch box. You don't have to buy another DVD to get the lunch box.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Yeah, I went yesterday after work... Best Buy didn't have any figs or lunchboxes left. Thought Target would have some - Target had NOTHING. AT ALL. So I am Peter Pan-less Sucks.
    Did you already buy the movie? If not I can see if Kevin can go by BB tomorrow and pick you up one. He might be able to just buy the lunch box for you. PM me and let me know girlfriend!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• no flash photography...

when i got to target there was only 3 left on the shelf. It did have the pin. I haven't opened it yet. Maybe this weekend I'll have time to watch it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    when i got to target there was only 3 left on the shelf. It did have the pin. I haven't opened it yet. Maybe this weekend I'll have time to watch it.
    So... SCUBA... want that pin I'll gladly buy it off ya

And Earkid
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Disney store was giving away Lithographs and a 15% off coupon for all who pre-ordered it.

• Infinitized!

I got mine at Future Shop yesterday. It came with a 3rd disk. The 3rd disk is a rectangular activities CD. I haven't tried it out yet. Did all the Peter Pan DVDs, in the states too, come out with this 3rd disk? Or was it just a Future Shop exclusive?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast