Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Someone went crazy at the shareholder meeting...

And for the record... I think their gutting Miramax was shamefull... they should sell the name back to the Weinstiens if they are not intereted in having the studio live up to its name...

I also feel that way about Hollywood Pictures...

Their live action film unit is a shadow of what it has been previosely, and nobody has the guts to stand up and say anything about it to Iger, really... Who is at heart a TV guy...

Anyone thinks Disney is fireing fully on all cylanders is halucinating.
    Check out my other blog:

You can listen online to replay of the Annual Shareholders Meeting of The Walt Disney Company, March 8, 2007, New Orleans, Louisiana HERE at this link through March 22, 2007. After that date it will be taken down. Simply choose the audio presentation you wish to hear (the stockholder meeting, more than one audio choice is given) and enjoy! Length: Two hours and 15-minutes. It will sound maddening when the propriatary information (intellectual property) parts come up, but just hang in there. The Questions and Answers part does come through. Might be easier to listen on weekends or off-times from work than when the event was taking place live.

Report by online writer "Reporter’s Notebook: Road to the Big Easy—The Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting" By C. W. Oberleitner, March 8, 2007 at HERE at O-meon.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Thanks for this reporting...it is very informative.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Helmsdad

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Bravo Carol! . . . and Bravo Bob Iger for listening!
    This is making me wish I never sold my Disney stock. (I did make money though). I bought it when Eisner "tanked" it and bought millions of dollars worth himself. (Is that not illegal by the way). Poor Martha Stewart went to jail for less did she not?

Wow Carol. I was cheering the updates with Go Carol Go at my monitor!
    Sounds corny but I got a little teary about it. My kids LOVE Splash Mountain and it's A GOOD THING for them to know what all those characters in the ride are doing and who they are! What a sad thing it must be for children (of ANY age)to ride Splash Mountain and not have any clue as to who brer bear and brer fox etc. are. Or to never have seen the movie at all.

I'm thinking of buying stock again. If it's under $20.00 there's still time. At one time (fairly recent) it was over $45.00. I know Stanley P. Gold remembers those "good 'ol days". Me thinks this stock gonna go up soon.

Did I just say that?

• Fastest Man Alive

Yeah, she's insane. Been raising a ruckus at American Express shareholder meetings for years.
    She doesn't own many shares. But she was shares in tons of companies and goes to as many meetings as she can and thinks she can dictate the direction the company is going.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sixwoofys View Post
    This is making me wish I never sold my Disney stock. (I did make money though). I bought it when Eisner "tanked" it and bought millions of dollars worth himself. (Is that not illegal by the way). Poor Martha Stewart went to jail for less did she not?

Wow Carol. I was cheering the updates with Go Carol Go at my monitor!
    Sounds corny but I got a little teary about it. My kids LOVE Splash Mountain and it's A GOOD THING for them to know what all those characters in the ride are doing and who they are! What a sad thing it must be for children (of ANY age)to ride Splash Mountain and not have any clue as to who brer bear and brer fox etc. are. Or to never have seen the movie at all.

I'm thinking of buying stock again. If it's under $20.00 there's still time. At one time (fairly recent) it was over $45.00. I know Stanley P. Gold remembers those "good 'ol days". Me thinks this stock gonna go up soon.
    I am sorry to report that it hasn't been under $20 for quite some time... However you can aquire partial shares from Sharebuilder

As of the closing bell today March 9th a share is listed at $ 34.69... (not including fees. blah.blah.blah...)
    Check out my other blog:

Ms. Davis has some very good points, although she could find a better way to get them across. If we would have listened to her earlier, the shareholders probably could have shaved off about $190,000,000 of Eisner's and the other guy's compensation before their pillage of the company. Iger will more than likely come out the same way (90m); and between the three they will have taken almost .90/share in earnings just between the three of them.

So, she may be wacky, but the extra dollar in earnings the company would have booked if not for these extrordinary gifts to top brass would have made the shareholders better off, and the company's books.

• Banned User

Is somebody pissed off about what Disney is doing with the company?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Evelyn was pissed off due to all the "entertainment" being offered during the stockholder meeting. She thinks it should be all business, and no film clips or having Randy Newman singing live....
    I went to a shareholder meeting when I worked for & owned some stock in Household (now HBSC). I mainly did it just to get out of work for 2-3 hours (they had the meeting at the then new office in Brandon, FL, where I worked at the time). Was the most boring thing ever. Seeting myself on fire would've been less painful than listening to that financial drivel forever. I'd love to go to a shareholder meeting and not be so bored I want to kill myself.

• Helmsdad

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    I am sorry to report that it hasn't been under $20 for quite some time... However you can aquire partial shares from Sharebuilder

As of the closing bell today March 9th a share is listed at $ 34.69... (not including fees. blah.blah.blah...)
    Wow. It looks like Eisner couldn't have planned it better. He's making bucks right now that's for sure. Mr. Gold (and Roy) must be very happy with Iger in that case also.

Do you think it has the possibility of splitting again? Or do you think maybe there's so many shares out there that there's too much saturation for that?

Or could it actually hit 80.00 - 90.00 range? Just wondering your opinion.

Did I just say that?

My husband Rich Koster and I got to ask questions at the Shareholder meeting. Rich captured the audio and put visuals to it. You can click and hear here at Disney Echo in a Topic we have going about the meeting. Where it says "Just Right - Click Here" in large letters on the page, one is Rich's query of Robert Iger, the other is mine.

• a beautiful wreck

because of this thread... i now have "Woman Going Crazy Down Caroline Street" by Jimmy Buffett racing through my head
    tick tock tick tock madness comes tonight
    what's reality compared to me
    I rest on the bed and I'm sure I slowly get mad
    I'm in a state of mind which makes me blind
    for the fact that I'm a man
    I'm here to stay forever but not today

--
    Timekiller - Project Pitchfork

• Banned User

That woman is my hero. They should hire her.

• Vehicle rotating backward

blahblahblahblah COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA blabhalbhalbhalbhahblahblah

What is this Disney/Citgo connection she's making accusations of?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast