• șoș Tom șoș

X-men 3

This was published in Variety over the weekend.
    Twentieth Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment officially set Brett Ratner on Friday night to replace Matthew Vaughn as the director of "X3," the third installment of the "X-Men" franchise reports Variety.

The hiring keeps the film on track for an August start date and a Memorial Day weekend 2006 opening date. A comicbook enthusiast, Ratner was among the helmers considered to direct the first "X-Men"; the job went to Bryan Singer. Ratner then spent a full year developing "Superman Returns," the film that ultimately prompted Singer to drop out of directing "X3."

Fox had hoped to put Ratner to work on "Josiah's Canon," a heist movie that was all but ready to shoot when star Sean Connery announced he was dropping out. Fox's hiring of Ratner also means that "Rush Hour 3" will most certainly miss New Line's projected fall start and summer 2006 release dates.

The "X3" budget is locked, and the script by Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg is said to be at least as strong as that of the first two installments. The original returning stars have been signed, as have Kelsey Grammer, Vinnie Jones and Maggie Grace ("Lost") as new mutant characters.
    Last edited by ah schucks; 06-23-2005 at 07:23 AM.

• Still holding the keys

Thumbs down Uh oh.

I have a bad feeling about this...

• Sock Puppet

Who would Kelsey Grammar be playing? Oh wait, I actually think I know the answer to that?

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Who would Kelsey Grammar be playing? Oh wait, I actually think I know the answer to that?
    Hank McCoy the Beast

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mongstrol
    I have a bad feeling about this...
    You should have a bad feeling. It's the same feeling you get when you feel what you have just eaten turning on you.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals. ”
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Minion

Fox and Marvel seem determined to undo their past success with X-Men and X-2.

Daredevil, Etectra, Fantastic Four and now this... sad. Maybe WB and DC are finally catching on and catching up with Batman Begins, Superman Returns and (hopefully) Wonder Woman and Shazam!.

• șoș Tom șoș

Ummm rigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt?
    In an interview with MTV, Brett Ratner spoke about taking over the reins of the "X-Men" franchise and the difficulties of getting it all done with the very limited timetable he's got. "It's not going to be easy, but we're definitely going to hit it" says Ratner who claims "Bryan Singer left ['X-Men 3'] because he didn't like the material" and insists "I don't think this movie is tainted; I think it is fantastic and the script is amazing"

Not everyone, however, considers Ratner quite so blessed. "[They think] I'm the antichrist!" he laughed when asked about what many diehard fans are posting on popular movie-discussion Web sites. "I don't think about it." Ratner acknowledges that comic-movie heroes including Superman and Batman both went horribly wrong after new directors took over the franchise for the third installment.

"I'm not Joel Schumacher. I'm Brett and all I know is what I know, what I can do and what I have to work with...I want to stay true to the franchise and true to the characters, but I think it's elevated ... I don't want to be pompous and say I'm going to take it to the next level. I think the script that Simon Kinberg and Zak Penn wrote gives me a tremendous amount of confidence."

Ratner insists that the "X-Men 3" script is up to snuff, that production will commence in Vancouver, British Columbia, in eight weeks, and that series stars Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, James Marsden and Rebecca Romijn will return.
    and James Marsden has this to say
    Marsden still does not know for sure what's in store for him in X3 but seems certain he'll play a part - "Sure, it's getting down to the wire. It's getting close. We've got to make this movie. But we've done two before and there's a comfort zone in there that we all feel like we've done it and we can do it again. Matthew Vaughn fell out for personal reasons or family reasons. Brett Ratner is directing and he's a very competent director and I think we'll be fine."
    Words like we'll be "fine" or a script that is "up to snuff" don't evoke a lot of confidence in this project.

• șoș Tom șoș

Sonova!@#$%^&*(
    Actor Alan Cumming has announced on his official site that he will not be playing Nightcrawler in the next "X-Men" movie. According to the post, 20th Century Fox chose not to pick up his option to play the character in the flick.

Cumming joined the franchise in "X2" playing the blue skinned tattooed mutant who could teleport. He was under contract for "X3" although it was an experience he is probably happy to get out of after onthe record complaints about the arduous make-up process and on-set feuding with "X2" helmer Bryan Singer.

Filming will begin under the helm of Brett Ratner in August with Fox targeting a Memorial Day 2006 release.
    Umm is John Lequizmo available? He would have been a better choice from the get go!

Just read it on AICN. Nightcrawler was pretty sweet. And wtf...mongstrol, with all due respect, get a different avatar!

• șoș Tom șoș

Philippe Rousselot is being rumored as the cinematographer for X3 and was previously the DP on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Constantine. He has met with Brett Ratner and will join the cast and crew in July when filming begins.

• Happy Memories

Re: Brett Ratner X3 Director Locked

hey gang, we haven't had an X-3 update in a while, so i have a couple tidbits to add...

I don't believe it was ever mentioned here (the news is from about a week or two ago), but Maggie Grace (Lost) is out. Schedule conflicts between this and the 2nd season of Lost. Kitty Pryde is being recast (not a bad thing since most people agree she was wrong for the part anyway).

Up next, i've just read that Nick Stahl (Terminator 3, Carnivale) is most likely playing Angel.

• Happy Memories

and the latest on X-3, currently filming in Vancouver, is.... http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050816b.php

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

SPOILER ALERT!!

Well, it's rumored, but....

Spoiler
    James Marsden's (AKA Scott Summers/Cyclops) part will be small indeed as he will be killed off by his thought-to-be-dead lover Jean Grey (Famke Janssen) as her powerful alter-ego finally manifests itself into The Phoenix. Another death of a major character in the film will be that of Professor Xavier (Patrick Stewart). Kelsey Grammer will be playing The Beast, aka Hank McCoy.

Of course this is just a rumor right now...we'll see as production goes on...!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!