Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• wasting time

Exclamation Simpsons movie in production

BBC's Radio 1 spoke with Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson in The Simpsons, who says a feature film adaptation of the popular Fox animated comedy series is moving forward.

"You know what? We've just done the table read for the 'Simpsons' movie so although we've been promoting that we're going to do it, now we're actually doing it and are in production," said Cartwright, who is in London for her one-woman show "My Life as a Ten Year Old Boy".

She said it will likely take at least two years to make. "I don't know the name of it and I can't go into details about it and we'll just have to see how it goes, but I think it's going to be great and the fans are going to dig it."

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    I've heard rumours for a long time of a movie, I knew it was only a matter of time.

Honestly I don't even think they need a movie, its good enough as is. But I am not against it either, I will be there opening day to see it. Can't wait.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• wasting time

What concerns me is the plot.

What have The Simpsons NOT done in any of the 300+ episodes that would be such an epic story it would take a full 2 hours to tell it ?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion

What have The Simpsons NOT done in any of the 300+ episodes that would be such an epic story it would take a full 2 hours to tell it ?
    Sadly, I have no such concerns. I'm notoriously easily entertained, and I adore the Simpsons. I'll see it regardless. Squee!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion

My thoughts exactly...there is so much already done.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• They wanna know, HO!

Why not a movie about The Simpsons vs. The Griffin's? Think giant checken fight for 2 hours!

• șoș Tom șoș

I'd like to see movement or evolution use the movie to finally do things like move Bart and Lisa up a grade, Homer gets a raise, Lisa talks and Marge gets a job besides law enforcement and real estate...

Or just lots of musical numbers and have Connan write as much of the plot and dialogue as possible!

• Circle of Ancients

^ That's a good point. It could be a whole new simpsons if they just made it a long episode, but made changes with the ages of the kids. Maybe Maggie starts talking or something.

• Sock Puppet

Hopefully, they'll end the series once the movie comes out and the movie could be a HUGE series finale. As far as plot goes, I'd like to see alot of loose ends tied up. Maggie begins to speak, the revelation as to what state the Simpsons live in. And there are a few Simpsons plots that have been done but only a small scale. Take for example Kang and Kodos, they can do a full scale ALIEN INVASION movie, I mean they spent years only being a Treehouse of Horror exclusive. And why don't they finally do a "Mr. Burns tries to take over the world" scenario, might sound stupid but I think if they do a movie they need to bump it up to an epic film. Basically, it should be "Homer Saves the world", with final appearances from several Simpson favorites, especially SideShow Bob, who should have a BIG role no matter what the plot. Again, I stress, it needs to be epic and it needs to have one of the shows major recurring villains. Or how about a giant group of Simpson villains: Burns, Sideshow Bob, Kang and Kodos, Grimes, Snake and Artie Ziff (or whatever his name was). Again, might sound stupid, but an epic Simpsons Vs. Evil episode is the only thing that hasn't been done.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries
    Things I would love to see in a Simpsons movie
    -Lenny and Carl hooking up
    -Maggie talking
    -Bart getting better grades than Lisa
    -Homer back at work
    -Kang and Kodos invasion
    -BIG BIG BIG Musical Numbers
    -Monty Burns Fighting Kang and Kodos with his Nuclear Powers
    -Smithers collection of Malibu Stacey Dolls attacking him
    -The area of Northern Kentucky that they live in revealed
    -Maison Dariere
    -Burns in cahoots with the Aliens to take over the world along with the Republican party
    -Grounds Keeper Willie getting revenge on Skinner
    -Millhouse and the bullies running the school
    -Fat Tony Trying to go legit
    -Skinner getting revenge on Super Nintendo Chalmers
    -Krabapple and Skinner getting married
    -Flanders getting remarried

just afew things
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals. ”
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Banned User

This movie has been talked about since what.... episode 100.... now they are moving forward?? they better have a good plot.. or 50 billion different ones... and watch it end in a way that the series can continue as normal and the movie does nothing....

• Rock Star Minion

And spoofs must abound. The Simpsons vs Evil idea can be a spoof of Batman: The Movie, in which the villains work together to eliminate Bat-Breath and the Boy Blunder.

And guest stars! Tons of guest stars!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    This movie has been talked about since what.... episode 100.... now they are moving forward?? they better have a good plot.. or 50 billion different ones... and watch it end in a way that the series can continue as normal and the movie does nothing....
    Unlike Southpark, if and when Simpsons make the transistion I think it will stay stuck...My theory is after 2 additional television shows Matt Groeing will move on to other projects. The Simpsons movie can be a platform for new movies and the end of the show. I love the show but I'd feel warm and fuzzy to see them go out on top and have something to look forward to at the box office every few years, while I await what ever new half baked animated sitcom he comes up with next!

• /sigh

Ugh. I'm not liking this idea of a movie. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the series...but only from season 1-5. After that..things went downhill. The new episodes are not funny at all.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Ugh. I'm not liking this idea of a movie. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the series...but only from season 1-5. After that..things went downhill. The new episodes are not funny at all.
    Pssssssss thats why Conan O Brian needs to write it! He has been seen having meeting with good ol Matt for the last few years...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast