Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• in technicolor!

Re: Ultimate Pirates Fan <INSERT LIMITED CITY NAME HERE>

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    You guys had guests!!! No way!
    There was nothing else really special about ours.
    Yeah! The MC was ok but then he was talking about surprises or whatever. Then the dog and monkey came out. They gave away a bunch of stuff and then the MC told us to stand up and start cheering to make our guest feel welcome then he said that he was from all three movies and plays Bootstrap Bill's son William Turner and then he came out! It was very cool. He told us all thank you for being such great fans and then introduced the movie.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Oooh I woulda loved to see him!!

You guys who went to L.A.'s might want to check out wireimage.com 'cuz there are pics of you guys there. But you have to have an account to see them in regular size
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I just got back from the Phoenix Event, which was at Arizona Mills.
    Definitely a good time, and it was fun to see PotC:CotBP on the
    Big Screen, again (that makes it about 6th or 7th time in real theater for that movie).

Darn, we didn't get the monkey, dog, or Orlando! But the preview did look
    fun, and now I understand, to a certain degree, why they go to the Orient
    for the 3rd installment. They stop at Singapore, ah. . . . as Jack said to
    some of the British personnel "Clearly, you've never been to Singapore" . . . . .

The event was nicely organized. When we checked in, we were each given a:

"Captain Jack Sparrow bandana" like the one he wears around his forehead.
    It's the exact same pattern as the one worn by Capt Jack,to my surprise,
    it even had a "(c) Disney" printed on it.

An "Ulitmate Fan Event" Lanyard with a picture of Capt Jack on the front of
    the Lanyard card ~ which served as our ticket to the movie. Which also
    reminded us that NO recording devices, cameras, cell phones with cameras
    of any kind would be allowed in the theater. And yes, they were questioning
    everyone going into the theater, and they had equipment of some sort
    that appeared to be hand held metal detectors, at the entrance to the
    theater.

A Black Portfolio which had a skull and crossed swords printed in white on
    the front. On the back flap it said "Disney Pirates of the Caribbean Online" .
    The Portfolio included a CD-ROM for a Beta test of PotC onlinegame, along
    with about 30 pictures, all related to the game, either handdraw models of
    the characters, background pics from the game. Also a Limited lithograph in
    a presentation folder. At the bottom of the print, it said "Exclusive Game
    Artwork, March 18, 2007, Pirates of the Caribbean ONLINE, 2949 of 10000"
    At the top it says "Jolly Roger"with a gold medallion seal. Primarily the picture
    is of one Larger Skelleton Head at the top of the picture and two smaller
    skeleton heads on either side at the bottoml. In the background, there are
    some background scenes ~ a little difficult to make out what they are
    scenes of, specifically still a neat looking print.

While waiting in line, they had some people fencing, in a blocked off area.
    When the theater was ready, they guided us to the entry, and checked for
    any and all recording devices, not even cell phones with cameras were
    allowed. There we waited, again. Every 5 minutes, or so they would play
    on the screen a preview of the online Pirates Game alternating with a Video
    presented by MegaBlocks ~ with "Lego type version of PotC" done with
    actual MegaBlock PotC figures ~ that was fun to see ~ Hopefully they will
    place that as one of the extras on the dvd, when it's eventually released.

Just before the showing of Curse of the Black Pearl, they announced some
    additional give - a- ways, which included some PotC items from Master
    Replicas. A small boy sitting next to us won a large Capt Jack Figure,
    among some other prizes was having your name listed in the dvd, as
    "Easter Egg"

There was a special Intro that was taped for this presentation of Curse of
    the Black Pearl, welcoming us to the "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's
    End Ulitmate Fan Events, by Jerry Bruckheimer and Orlando Bloom"
    (No, unfortunately, neither of them were at the Phoenix event personally,
    but still neat that they taped a special intro for this one time showing)
    Then it went straight into Curse of the Black Pearl".

We were told the preview along with a little something special would be at
    the end. After the credits rolled on Curse of the Black Pearl, it went on to
    AN EXTENDED SCENE of JACK THE MONKEY taking a gold coin from the
    Aztec Treasure Chest! Yes, the original movie had a brief showing of Jack
    the Monkey scene, too. BUT THE ONE WE SAW WAS A LONGER VERSION
    OF THIS SCENE! Then there were a few more words from Jerry and Orlando,
    and then we did see the trailer for At World's End. Afterwards Jerry came back
    on again and said, in case you want to see it again, and the trailer played
    a second time.

In all, was a fun way to present the trailer, and the give a ways were nice
    ~ BUT now I am wondering if this "Jolly Roger" is a character in At World's End"
    or if he is just a character in the online game ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

If he's not in At World's end, we all might just have to wait and see it
    the "Jolly Roger" becomes a part of the future of this film series!
    Last edited by Aladdin; 03-18-2007 at 10:33 PM.

The Boston event didn't have any special guests But we did get the black portfolio with the online game and limited edition lithograph (we got copies 795 and 3540 of 10000) inside, Jack Sparrow bandana, and lanyard (which is also numbered). Like Aladdin mentioned there were special recorded introductions in the beginning and the end from Orlando Bloom, Jerry Bruckheimer, and we also had Geoffrey Rush. A local radio station (Kiss 108) was there in the beginning to raffle off the "prizes" which were mostly just posters and a few left over merchandise from the first two movies. My partner actually won one of the prizes a Jack Sparrow action figure and a remix album (yes it was a real album that goes on a record player) of the soundtrack both from Dead man's chest. The biggest prize was a replica of Jack's gun. Only about a dozen or so came dressed as pirates and the were scattered all around, there was not "priority seating" like the invite mentioned. And the played they trailer 3 times for us. Sadly though it was the same one I saw on Youtube from Russia yesterday morning, that got pulled by the time i got home last night.

Overall it wasn't a bad way to spend the Sunday afternoon. Some highlights of the day for me was watching a female pirate run up the stairs of the theater only to have a boob pop out of her corset and flop around. Getting to watch to first movie on the big screen, when I went the first time I was too distracted turning around looking at Cher and her entourage in the back of the theater (at the same movie theater too). And after the movie seeing the woman pirate that won the replica gun trying to balance the huge box on the handle bars of her bicycle and ride down Boylston St. in costume in the freezing cold.

• Closed Account

Poochie, Jack The Undead Monkey, and some guy named Orlando Bloom showed up at the El Capitan premiere! Just a few pics!

While I was waiting in line out in the alley of the El Capitan . . .
    I got pulled in to play a demo of the new Pirates Online game. It was pretty cool. It gives you a LOT of options to make your pirate look exactly like you want. I think the graphics are a bit cartoonish, but sure part of that is to keep the rating low. The coolest part of the game is that you can join up into different pirate guilds and sail around on a ship together. One person can navigate the ship and others can all man different cannons. Pretty sweet! You can use swords, pistols and even voodoo.

I was being filmed the whole time i was being instructed and playing. Then I had to answer questions of what I liked about the game, what were my favorite parts of the first two movies, what am I looking forward to in the 3rd, etc.
    They gave me a hat, flashdrive, and t-shirt with the Skull and Swords logo on them!

I was pretty impressed overall with how the Disney staff pulled off the event. There were many people around to ask questions, keep things in order, and keep things moving. Seeing Orlando what a really nice surprise for the evening. It was kind of funny when he said "I see a lot of Captain Jack's out there, but not a lot of Will Turners!"

• Closed Account

Remember....Will is a whelp!

• in technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
    Remember....Will is a whelp!
    That he is. Poor Will. I laugh when I see him.

• Closed Account

A YouTube of all of us entering the El Capitan theater!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa0gj9XTB8k

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I was going to do a TR about this, but Aladdin pretty much told you all that happened at the AZ showing
    (BTW Aladdin, I'm pretty sure you were sitting in the row in front of me! I wasn't sure if it was you though).

I'll fill in a bit though:

My friend Chuck and I got to the theater at about 2:30, walking up to mall I tried to hold my head high and ignore the fact that I was a girl in a bodice going to a mall for a Pirate Ultimate (Geek) Fan event. The line wasn't too long when we got there and check in started at three.
    So we waited and Chuck kept having to field people's questions regarding what was going on. most of the questions were along the lines of "Hey, man, what's with all the pirate?" Some lady actually wanted to clarify which pirate movie we were waiting for... "Pirates of the Caribbean?" We decided we should start looking at people like they were weird and telling them it was the line for Norbit.
    A little before three.. they moved the indoor line outside around the side of the theater. Now, I know this was so we didn't clutter the lobby, but it in AZ we had record temperatures yesterday (90 something) and most of us had on mulitiple layers... t'was quite uncomfortable
    A little after three they started checking us all in (taking sections of the line and having them check-in and then get back in line.
    Then we waited some more...

A film crew was there from the Pirates DVD. they were filming the line and all the pirate people and what not
    There was also a crew from the local Fox10 news (there was a very short snip on the news that night and you couldn't see me Oh well, no big)

They had some fencers come in and they.... well fenced.
    A group of pirates (I'm pretty sure they came over from the renaissance faire) started standing toward the front. They were loud and annoying and quite pushy. It was really annoying. Anyway, one of them attempted to fence one of the professionals. It was interesting to see a woman dressed as Jack fighting a professional fencer.

Here's a few more pics before I had to put my camera away
    They didn't allow any electronic devices inside.... it was slightly overkill (no ipods, gameboys, etc). I understood the cameras and the camera-phones but ipods can't do anything photo related quite yet... oh well.

Chuck looking excited to be there

(an earlier picture from my house) My strippy socks

Pirate Kuzco-chik!

Anyway, dropping my stuff at my car I went back in the line. Finally a bit after 4, they let us all in. Bags were checked, we were wanted for electronics, I realized if I'd really wanted to bring anything in I could have (it wasn't a very thorough check)
    We sat, got some snacks and waited some more.
    Like Aladdin mentioned there were ads for Pirates Megablocks (hilarious!) The new Pirates: AWE game (which looks awesome!) and pirates Online (I'll get into that in a bit). There were also screen shots from the movie.

So some guy from a local radio station movie thing showed up. he gave away stupp (envelopes under the seat) Chuck barely missed out on getting the LP remixes (there was an envelop on the seat between him and this other girl and she grabbed it first) That flintlock would have been sweet though, but cest la vie.

The movie started... Bruckheimer, Bloom and Rush thanked us for being fans and told us to enjoy the movie. I was kind of surprised how quite the audience was.... actually in my head I was expecting people to be over the top even so far as Rocky Horror Picture Show-ing the movie (quoting along and what not) All there was was a girl behind us who's end consenents could be heard as she quietly quoted.

The movie ended, we were all fairly silent through the very long credits... the monkey shed off his skin and jumped at us and Rush and Bruckheimer came back on to tell us this is what we'd been waiting for.
    Everyone cheered but quieted quickly.
    The trailer finished... more cheers... then we got it again (right after I joked that they should play it again).

Everyone left, and it was fun to see to see the looks on the norms faces as a bunch of pirates left the bathroom.

So much for a short update...
    Anyway, gotta go set my tape for Dancing With the Stars... not gonna watch it, just want the trailer for myself. ^_^

Oh and that bit about the Pirate Online thing: I started playing with the free Beta trial we were given... it's interesting thus far. My comp runs a little slow so something things look weird. It's like the Sims meets World of Warcraft meets Pirates... very interesting
    Last edited by Kuzcochik; 03-19-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234