• Senior Minion

Disney Shorts on Itunes

I was fishing around Itunes video and found these recently. They have quite a few already.
    Most of these are Academy Award Winners.

Building a Building Mickey Mouse 1933

The Tortoise and the Hare -1935

The Old Mill 1937

Ferdinand the Bull1938

Good Scouts- Donald Duck and his nephews -1938

BRAVE LITTLE TAYLOR1938

The Pointer 1939
    The Ugly Duckling 1939

Truant Officer Donald 1941
    Lend A Paw 1941

How to Play Football
    -Goofy 1944

The Three Little Pigs

Donald's Crime 1945

Pluto's Blue Note 1947

Chip and Dale 1947

Squatter's Rights-1948

The picture quality on some of these improved, kind of nice to have if you are at the airport, Doctor's office or just waiting in line for your favorite Disney attraction.

I'm curious if anybody else have downloaded any of the Itunes videos and if you have, is it worth it?
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 03-11-2007 at 10:05 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Delawarean Girl

Re: Disney Shorts on Itunes

Yes, I did notice this before and thank you TicToc for giving to MiceChat's attention.

I got the "Lend A Paw" . Because I knew that one had Mickey Mouse in it.

It's been a while since I checked to if they have any new shorts. Like the "Old Mill". That's another one I would like.

• Banned User

Are they $1.99 each?

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Are they $1.99 each?
    yes.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Yes, I did notice this before and thank you TicToc for giving to MiceChat's attention.

I got the "Lend A Paw" . Because I knew that one had Mickey Mouse in it.

It's been a while since I checked to if they have any new shorts. Like the "Old Mill". That's another one I would like.
    I'm kind of surprised no one else has talked about this. I'm kind of curious if anyone else has downloaded these or why they have not. It's probably cheaper to get the DVD collections.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    I'm kind of surprised no one else has talked about this. I'm kind of curious if anyone else has downloaded these or why they have not. It's probably cheaper to get the DVD collections.
    That maybe some of the reasons. They have them already on dvd's. I already have some from my Disney Treasures.

But I would like to download the shorts that are in the more expensive Disney Treasures. Like "Old Mill".

• oh bugger

I had gotten a $15 iTunes gift card for my birthday not too long ago, I bought a full album and then had a few bucks left over. I bought "The Old Mill" with some of the remaining money. It had been such a long time since I had seen this short, the first use of the multi-plane camera. It's a classic and I wasn't going to buy it any other way and had $1.99 left so I figured why not. I've only watched it a few times, but even then it seems worth it because of the memories it brings back, and simply because it is a piece of history I've brought to my computer.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I've had most of the offered Disney shorts and all of the PIXAR shorts for some time now (before the PIXAR acquisition I believe). I really enjoy having them on iTunes for a quick laugh and on my iPod. The best is having a friend looking through my iPod to see what I listen to only to watch them stop suddenly because of the lure of watching an old Disney short is too great to pass.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52 View Post
    I had gotten a $15 iTunes gift card for my birthday not too long ago, I bought a full album and then had a few bucks left over. I bought "The Old Mill" with some of the remaining money. It had been such a long time since I had seen this short, the first use of the multi-plane camera. It's a classic and I wasn't going to buy it any other way and had $1.99 left so I figured why not. I've only watched it a few times, but even then it seems worth it because of the memories it brings back, and simply because it is a piece of history I've brought to my computer.
    That's the way to go to use up the gift card. I never thought I would see a Disney animated short on a handheld device of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    That maybe some of the reasons. They have them already on dvd's. I already have some from my Disney Treasures.

But I would like to download the shorts that are in the more expensive Disney Treasures. Like "Old Mill".
    Old Mill was cool, and I enjoyed Building a Building which I don't recall watching before.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I've had most of the offered Disney shorts and all of the PIXAR shorts for some time now (before the PIXAR acquisition I believe). I really enjoy having them on iTunes for a quick laugh and on my iPod. The best is having a friend looking through my iPod to see what I listen to only to watch them stop suddenly because of the lure of watching an old Disney short is too great to pass.
    Yea sometimes on my break at work I will load one up and enjoy it, to relieve some stress.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post

Old Mill was cool, and I enjoyed Building a Building which I don't recall watching before.

I love Building a Building too. That was the first B&W Mickey Mouse cartoon short I have ever watched. I think that one is most clearest one too.