• Circle of Ancients

"The Police" at Staples Center

Hubby says to me that he wants to see "The Police". I say sure go for it.

Tickets are $282.00 on up per person. Eeek! I want to see Stings hot bod and enjoy the music of course, but not that bad. So, I'm little disappointed.

Anyone else going to them here in CA?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: "The Police" at Staples Center

That $282 should be for some halfway decent seats.

I paid $90 for my ticket for the Tampa show (well, $110 after the Ticketbastaed "convenience charges"... I see nothing convenient with adding $20 to my ticket price). I'm in the 200's sections in the back of the arena but I'm not in the nosebleed 300's so that's not too bad. I could've gotten section 103 but I could not afford $225 (and that's before all the fees & tax)!

• Rock Star Minion

I've seen Sting five or six times. Three times in one year after the second solo album. I really enoyed that band formation.

No way I'm spending two or three days' salary, pretax, on The Police. I might enjoy them in Vagas, where I have a chance to make up the money at the poker tables.
    I enjoy their music enough, but I had better have some sort of religious experience for that kind of money. And since I can usually see Bruce Springsteen for less money and likely see a better show (his band enjoys his company and will play for the audience longer), I'm afraid, Sting, Andy, Stuart, that my answer is no.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I'm going to the Dodger Stadium show with the Foo Fighters on June 23rd. Already have ressies at The Biltmore in downtown LA... 2.7 miles from the stadium.
    Me so pumped...

Anybody see the Stuart Copeland DVD, "Everyone Stares - The Police Inside Out"? I just got it for $9.95 on Amazon.
    It seems that Stuart Copeland bought a Super8 movie camera in the very early days of The Police and recorded over 100 hours of video thruout the bands existence. Twenty years later he had it all digitized and made his own home movie about the rise and fall of The Police. Great insight into what goes on with a working rock band.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Anybody see the Stuart Copeland DVD, "Everyone Stares - The Police Inside Out"? I just got it for $9.95 on Amazon.
    It seems that Stuart Copeland bought a Super8 movie camera in the very early days of The Police and recorded over 100 hours of video thruout the bands existence. Twenty years later he had it all digitized and made his own home movie about the rise and fall of The Police. Great insight into what goes on with a working rock band.
    I went to the screening of this last year at the annual music documentary festival at the ArcLight. Stuart was in great spirits, he even faked out the most gullible audience members by pointing out & introducing Sting! But then won them over again by actually introducing his actual special guest - Andy Summers. Good Times! Really enjoyed the film as well.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    I went to the screening of this last year at the annual music documentary festival at the ArcLight. Stuart was in great spirits, he even faked out the most gullible audience members by pointing out & introducing Sting! But then won them over again by actually introducing his actual special guest - Andy Summers. Good Times! Really enjoyed the film as well.
    How cool. I read about the screening at ArcLight. I'm surprised that nobody recognized Andy in the audience.
    I'm reading Andy's autobiography, "One Train Later" right now. I just started it, but it seems to be a pretty good read so far. Really looking forward to the show in June.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037