Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

the show was never good. and if you had actually read Socapex's post, you would see quite clearly that his point is (and I quote) "His shows have little to no content."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    the show was never good. and if you had actually read Socapex's post, you would see quite clearly that his point is (and I quote) "His shows have little to no content."
    Uh Tech....It was a joke about the "Point". He made quite a few valid points on why he doesn't like the show. I made the joke because he made alot of points. Other than that, he's entitled to his opinion. CSI might be mindless junk to him but it's mindless junk I'm addicted too. I personally like Jerry Bruckheimer. Sure his stuff isn't thought provoking but it sure is just plain fun to watch.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Oh yeah, I wasn't being rude or trying to start a argument, I like cracking jokes. Like I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions about things and they don't have to agree with mine, besides, You can always learn a thing or two from someone who doesn't have the same opinion as you.
    PirateMunkee

• Banned User

if it was a joke, than it was by far one of the worst jokes i have ever heard in my entire life.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    Good to see everyone's got an open mind and not prejudging anything.
    I think you bring up a lot of good points. However, this film has some things already against it.

One, it's a sequel. Besides a few gems, like 'Empire', 'Shrek 2' and 'Godfather 2' etc, sequels usually don't live up to the expectations of fans who have seen the first and had time to watch it over and over and analyze it. (Sometimes fans consider blockbuster hits even more that the creators do or did.)

Two, it's a Disney sequel. How many Disney sequels, theatrically released or straight to DVD, have been good? None.

Three, Jerry Bruckheimer is hit and miss. Hits such as POTC, the CSI series, 'Top Gun' and others were/are resounding successes but he's also given up 'Pearl Harbor', 'King Arthur' and 'Kangaroo Jack'. Also, the sequels that he's helmed suck: 'Beverly Hills Cop 2" and "Bad Boys 2". Not to mention he gave us 'National Treasure' which I think is a complete rip off of 'The Da Vinci Code'.

Four, has Disney come out with anything remotely interesting on their own in the past couple of years? Without the aid of Pixar and Miramax, Disney isn't all that groundbreaking and creative as they used to be. Their excessive penny pinching and half assed attempts at creating theme parks is well known in the industry. I don't think the Walt Disney Company is such a big player any more. I think Dreamworks and Pixar will eventually "out Disney" the Walt Disney Company and come up with more entertaining movies and attractions for us to enjoy.

I think everyone's hesitation about this flick is justified. If people hand you bags of garbage long enough, you'll eventually only expect that from them. They may surprise you from time to time, but you'll still consider them garbage merchants.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    if it was a joke, than it was by far one of the worst jokes i have ever heard in my entire life.
    Ok ok...How about this....A priest, a rabbi and a frog walk into a bar........
    PirateMunkee

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Two, it's a Disney sequel. How many Disney sequels, theatrically released or straight to DVD, have been good? None.
    Hey, don't be hatin' on Herbie Rides Again!
    Last edited by Bacon; 02-03-2005 at 10:32 PM.

• Differently clued

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and go see it. Honestly, how many people thought that the first one sounded like a good idea when they first heard about it? Until I saw the first trailer for POTC I expected a lame story about some kids that got stuck in the ride and they were lead by Hillary Duff. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Happy Memories

I recently chatted with an old friend who is up for a role in this. He's had several meetings with casting people, but doesn't know anything deffinite yet. He says they want him to lose a ton of weight for the shoot and that is what could keep him from getting it (he's already down to 140 and they want him to lose 10-20 more!!). He says that even if he doesn't get a speaking role, he may still work as an extra. If he gets it I'll try to get set reports from him for everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12