Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

POTC2: Dead Man's Chest

Dick Cook last night (1/31) announced the official title for the movie at the 2005 Investors conference.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Properly worried ye be, says I.

Can it really live up to the first?

• Banned User

No. It's gonna suck like all Disney Sequals

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Socapex
    Not if you have Kieth Richards signed on to play Capt. Jack's Father (Who Johnny Depp says he based his character portrayal on) and Johnny Depp playing the Character that he said in an interview was his all time favorite character to play and if he got no other parts except just to play Jack Sparrow in sequels...He would die happy.

Not to mention Jerry Bruckhiemer!!!! This movie is going to so rule and I personally predict it would be sooooo much better than the original. Now if Disney would let it be rated ARRRRRR........
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    Not to mention Jerry Bruckhiemer!!!!
    Exactly why it will suck. The only good thing that man did was Pirates, and I have little to no faith that he will succeed with this project. He has destroyed the television drama with CSI, Without a Trace, and those other horrible crime shows. Pirates is the the only movie that he produced that was remotley entertaining.

And as for Keith Richards, I wouldn't be suprised if the role is only a short cameo. Nothing to get hyped up about.

• No bacon; sausage.

Good to see everyone's got an open mind and not prejudging anything.

This isn't just some "Disney Sequel." Yes, their straight-to-video animated sequels suck harder than the sink hole under the Matterhorn. But that's because they are given no budget, don't use the original creators, and are purposely put out on the cheap to maximize profit. POTC2 involves the same people as the first, has been given a budget, and is being released in theaters, not straight to video. It's an entirely different beast, and I'm not going to pass judgement until I see it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Exactly why it will suck. The only good thing that man did was Pirates, and I have little to no faith that he will succeed with this project. He has destroyed the television drama with CSI, Without a Trace, and those other horrible crime shows. Pirates is the the only movie that he produced that was remotley entertaining.

And as for Keith Richards, I wouldn't be suprised if the role is only a short cameo. Nothing to get hyped up about.
    I will agree that he is destroying my all-time favorite show CSI: Las Vegas by breaking up the team like that but the shows still are pretty cool.
    PirateMunkee

If Keith Richards is playing Jack's father, that could be really fun and interesting... even if it is just a cameo! I didn't even know about that.

• It's all nonsense

What?! You mean you didn't like 'Aladdin 8: Jafar Visits New York'???

• Banned User

i liked Aladdin 8 a lot better than Snow White 47: The Dwarves' Revenge

• Banned User

but that was better than stitch's great escape.. hehe

If my meory serves me correct.... arn't the 2 sequels being filmed at once to "save" money.... Hopefully these went towards the script....

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Nothing is worse the The Princess Stories Series. Biggest hunk of junk ever to waste resources on making. Blech!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    but that was better than stitch's great escape.. hehe

If my meory serves me correct.... arn't the 2 sequels being filmed at once to "save" money.... Hopefully these went towards the script....
    Well, they shot all 3 Lord of the Rings films at once. I think it's a better model. Do it all at once, keep everyone involved, and you get a more cohesive, consistent result. So, if the second one's good, odds are the third one will be too since it was all part of the same process.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    I will agree that he is destroying my all-time favorite show CSI: Las Vegas by breaking up the team like that but the shows still are pretty cool.
    I wasn't talking about the breaking up the team thing. That man relies on fancy (yet tacky) cinematography, flashing lights, unnessasary background music that supposedly adds to the mood, pointless sub plots, long instrumental sequences of "moving moments" featuring characers which werer introduced to us 30 mins ago to replace what is ultimately the most important aspect of drama: LANGUAGE!

His shows have little to no content. All tacky disgusting spectacle that is completely inapropriate for the situations. Maybe if he were to develop chartacter through DIALOUGE and WORDS his shows would be better.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I wasn't talking about the breaking up the team thing. That man relies on fancy (yet tacky) cinematography, flashing lights, unnessasary background music that supposedly adds to the mood, pointless sub plots, long instrumental sequences of "moving moments" featuring characers which werer introduced to us 30 mins ago to replace what is ultimately the most important aspect of drama: LANGUAGE!

His shows have little to no content. All tacky disgusting spectacle that is completely inapropriate for the situations. Maybe if he were to develop chartacter through DIALOUGE and WORDS his shows would be better.
    Ok...so your point is.........?

I do admit the show was awesome in the beginning when Grissom actually had a sense of humor but lately..... It does lack I have to admit
    PirateMunkee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast