Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Rawr...

How about an Aladdin? I know they've done one in DCA, but thats just not the same as Broadway. Think of the amazing sets and effects!
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

Hopefully they'd be better than the sets/effects at DCA. The miniature model of Al & Jaz on the carpet makes me vom.

• Practically Perfect

I LOVED the DCA Aladdin show!! But, I do admit they could do much better, but it was a good start. I think it would be cool to do Alice in Wonderland, but it would be really hard (what with her growing and shrinking and all the cards...oooh, I would love it!)

• I Hug My Tapirs

I love the show at DCA, but I agree there's stuff they can do muuuch better. And the mini Al and Jas crack me up every time, cause they're sooo cheesy. But I'd love to see a full, Broadway-quality version of Aladdin.

And it's not Disney (it's Fox's defunct animation studio), but the movie Anastasia just screams Broadway at me. It know it was loosely based on an old Broadway show from way back when, but I'd love to see a version based on the animated film.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Practically Perfect

Anastasia would be amazing! Great idea!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511
    What about somehow adapting bedknobs and broomsticks to the stage?

I watched some Bedknobs and Broomsticks last night. It would make an amazing stage musical. (adding all the songs that were cut from the theatrical release) If they can do Mary Poppins in London...We can do Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Broadway!

• Minion

Babes in Toyland

The Parent Trap!

The Three Caballeros

Song of the South

• Former Epcot CM

Disney-MGM Beauty

I haven't seen Broadway Beauty, is there a West End version?

I have seen MGM Beauty though. My nan always crys at that, so I just leave my mum and dad with her and go on TOT
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Practically Perfect

I think there's a lot you could do with Sleeping Beauty or Jungle Book (as random as that probobly sounds). It would be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by libraryvixen
    I'd love to see Mulan on Broadway.
    Yes!!! Mulan!!

Good answer

• Banned User

this isn't Disney, but rumer has it, Mel Brooks is currently working on adapting Young frankenstein for Broadway. If that's true, it will be amazing. He already did an amazing job with the Producers.

• A Little Rabid

If we do get Mulan on Broadway, I nominate Lea Salonga as our heroine! She's already had experience in Broadway apart from her sing voices as Jasmine and Mulan. She's done Ms. Saigon and Les Miserables, mind you.

Nightmare Before Christmas on Broadway...? Call me a downer, but I don't like that idea. Too many *Shudder* Goth/Punk kids wearing Jack Skellington merchandise already. What next? Have them flock at the theaters and croone to Jack's Lament. Sorry, I just don't see it.

But I do agree that they should bring that German version of Hunchback here and translate it into English. That film never gets enough recognition and it happens to be my most favorite Disney feature ever. As they say, "Disney was growing up and the audiences didn't want to."

I would really like to see Pocahontas done on the stage! Bring in the deleted songs, plus add some additionals!

• They wanna know, HO!

Disney? The Emperor's New Groove (focuses on characters and their interactions more than onscreen action sequences and complex stories)

Non-Disney? American Idiot. Ok, that's an album I'd like to see a movie/play about, but still. For a movie, I'd have to pick.... Shaun of the Dead.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Practically Perfect

If we do get Mulan on Broadway, I nominate Lea Salonga as our heroine! She's already had experience in Broadway apart from her sing voices as Jasmine and Mulan. She's done Ms. Saigon and Les Miserables, mind you.
    Yes! She's awsome!

Nightmare Before Christmas on Broadway...? Call me a downer, but I don't like that idea. Too many *Shudder* Goth/Punk kids wearing Jack Skellington merchandise already. What next? Have them flock at the theaters and croone to Jack's Lament. Sorry, I just don't see it.
    It would be cool if they did it right, but I agree that it might draw the wrong crowd if there is suck a thing...basically people who don't actually appreciate it...the kids who like it because everyone else does.

But I do agree that they should bring that German version of Hunchback here and translate it into English. That film never gets enough recognition and it happens to be my most favorite Disney feature ever.
    I LOVE the music in Hunchback, and there's SO much you could do with it on stage, I totally agree!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast