Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384
    I LOVE the music in Hunchback, and there's SO much you could do with it on stage, I totally agree!
    Hunchback would be great to see. It would have a huge ensamble for the background vocals and a huge set of Notre Dame for a back ground.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• Dread Pirate Roberts #137

Having seen all the park shows, from Snow White to Aladdin to Pocahontas, I think the best Broadway adaptation would be Hunchback. It's just so powerful...the songs, the characters, it just screams "Big Fat Hit."

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Disney? The Emperor's New Groove (focuses on characters and their interactions more than onscreen action sequences and complex stories)
    Or how about Kingdom of the Sun? More character development, more songs, big epic scale. Hmmmm...Now that's an interesting idea...don't you think?

As for me, here are the musicals that I want to see:

Tron: The Musical!

Condorman: The Musical!

And my personal favorite:

Monorail: The Musical!!!
    Trivia: On April Fool's Day 2004, Disneyland guests found -- at the insistence of the board of directors -- the gigantic dragon featured in Fantasmic replaced with a gigantic Roy Disney (leading to a reprimand to the cast member playing Mickey Mouse when he hugged the giant instead of fighting it)

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    I like the Mulan idea.

Also, Pirates of the Caribbean. Hey, it could work!

Oh, and believe it or not, Tron might work too - after all, I have a DVD of DL's 30th B-day TV special, and they had people in "program" costumes dancing to the Pointer Sister's "Neutron Dance". I'm SO not joking.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile

Oh, and believe it or not, Tron might work too - after all, I have a DVD of DL's 30th B-day TV special, and they had people in "program" costumes dancing to the Pointer Sister's "Neutron Dance". I'm SO not joking.
    I'm not sure what's more frightening, the fact that DL did such a thing or the fact that you own recorded footage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    I'm not sure what's more frightening, the fact that DL did such a thing or the fact that you own recorded footage of it.
    Actually, it's an awesome show. My dad converted it to DVD from an old video tape that we recorded back in '85, since the tape's about to croak, and we wanted to "preserve" its contents (there's even the commercials!). He also digitally restored some of its color, so it's not bad. And it's horribly fun to watch. Even better than the "Neutron Dance" is David Hasselhoff in a flourescent blue jumpsuit singing at Tomorrowland Terrace. I really should capture some clips from it and upload 'em. Or, at least stills......

• Happy Memories

Even better than the "Neutron Dance" is David Hasselhoff in a flourescent blue jumpsuit singing at Tomorrowland Terrace.
    ACK! Now that you've mentioned this part, it sounds frighteningly familiar somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    ACK! Now that you've mentioned this part, it sounds frighteningly familiar somehow!
    And don't forget Marie Osmond singing, "I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA.....".

And also, little Drew Barrymore as hostess.

• Happy Memories

And don't forget Marie Osmond singing, "I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA.....".

And also, little Drew Barrymore as hostess.
    ok now you're just freaking me out! I think i may have partaken in the viewing of this sillyness.

• Que que no-tu-rah.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame was a production in Germany and planned to come over to the states, but never made it. I knew a guy who was working on the production and it was sounding like it was going to be something really special. I'd still love to see it happen someday. . . one day soon.

The other Disney film I'd like to see come to Broadway is Pocahontas. I think the stage could really help this story. It would give them another chance to try and iron out the kinks. There is just so much there that can be worked with. It will never happen, but I can dream.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

I'd personally like to see Tarzan. I think the trashing the camp scene could be really awsome. Plus, I'd love to see how they got him to surf on the vines.

Also Aladdin, Little Mermaid, MARY POPPINS (Its already out yes, but I can't make it to London right now lol, being a broke college kid and all)
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald
    About 6 years ago I think there was a musical version of "The Hunchback of Nortre Dame." Not sure if it was Disney's version or not. I also think that there is a short musical verison (like the Snow White and Aladin shows) at the MGM Disney Studios.
    There was a Disney version of Hunchback playing in German for a while, I never understood why it did not transfer to Broadway.

Ian
    "I'm surrounded by idiots"

• Santa Barbara, CA

I demand to see...

Disneywar:The Musical.

With the boardroom pioneer hall dancers and Ron Perlman as Michael Eisner.

Hear Jeffery Katsenberg (played by mini me) sing
    "I just can't wait to be King, I wanna be like you, and the rumbly in my tumbly song.

Mike Ovitz (played by Dennis Hopper) sings "You've got a friend in me"

and Michael and Bob's duet "Feed the Board, tuppence a bag". Yes, it's low down family fun.

I wanna see it now.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234