Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Jeffrey Katzenberg snags another one.
    Chris Sanders who left Disney after struggles over the upcoming animated film, 'American Dog' has been hired to direct DreamWorks Animation's, 'Crood Awakenings'. Sanders had concieved the original idea for Walt Disney Pictures' 'Lilo & Stitch', co-wrote and co-directed the film. He also supplied the voice of 'Stitch' himself.

    See more on this story at:
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,346

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Very very interesting. I have YET to like a Dreamworks animation picture aside from Prince of Egypt and Sinbad. Oh and the aardman animation doesn't count.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    This sucks. Bring him back to Disney. His movie was a hit.

  4. #4

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    This is quite sad. Saunders helped to create Disney's last 2D help and he was VERY supportive of his character in the many ways Disney used it since.

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    This is quite sad. Saunders helped to create Disney's last 2D help and he was VERY supportive of his character in the many ways Disney used it since.
    Thats the problem. He liked that they were overmilking the charecter. Lilo & Stitch was a mediocre film and I hate how just beacuse it was better than most of the garbage Disney was pumping out at the time (treasure planet, home on the range, etc.) that automatically makes it a "classic".

  6. #6

    • Huh?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,808

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Wait... you have 626 in your user name but think that the movie was mediocre? Splain please.
    -Tim

  7. #7

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Thats the problem. He liked that they were overmilking the charecter. Lilo & Stitch was a mediocre film and I hate how just beacuse it was better than most of the garbage Disney was pumping out at the time (treasure planet, home on the range, etc.) that automatically makes it a "classic".
    Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    Wait... you have 626 in your user name but think that the movie was mediocre? Splain please.
    That's what I'm saying. That movie made me cry when I saw it in the theatres. Mediocre my ***. It was a new type of film that added real elements of having a "broken" family as the main set of characters and we saw their struggles trying to survive as a family and overcome the challenges. If you see the movie for everything it was and not just a cute little furball character that was an alien trying to be a dog and other aliens looking for it, it's a very touching movie. I'm really bummed that he left for Dreamworks. So does this mean the whole Lilo & Stitch franchise is now dead since the creator and voice of Stitch is no longer with Disney?

  8. #8

    • Huh?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,808

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    So does this mean the whole Lilo & Stitch franchise is now dead since the creator and voice of Stitch is no longer with Disney?
    No. He created it, but he doesn't own the rights to it.

    Most likely, he'll still be called back whenever voice work and such is needed.
    -Tim

  9. #9

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    No. He created it, but he doesn't own the rights to it.

    Most likely, he'll still be called back whenever voice work and such is needed.
    You think he would though since Disney and Dreamworks are against each other? Would be like a Benedict Arnold thing, no?

  10. #10

    • Huh?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,808

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    You think he would though since Disney and Dreamworks are against each other? Would be like a Benedict Arnold thing, no?
    Not necessarily. He has an attachment to the character. Unless the contract he says states that he cannot go and do the voice work whenever needed (which I doubt will be very often... I don't think there's much being done with new Stitch vocals lately).
    -Tim

  11. #11

    •   
    • So fetch
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,575

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    That's what I'm saying. That movie made me cry when I saw it in the theatres. Mediocre my ***. It was a new type of film that added real elements of having a "broken" family as the main set of characters and we saw their struggles trying to survive as a family and overcome the challenges. If you see the movie for everything it was and not just a cute little furball character that was an alien trying to be a dog and other aliens looking for it, it's a very touching movie. I'm really bummed that he left for Dreamworks. So does this mean the whole Lilo & Stitch franchise is now dead since the creator and voice of Stitch is no longer with Disney?

    The movie made me cry too. I also saw the movie twice in the theatre. I think that was the last time I saw a movie twice in the theatre.

    Mediocre my ***
    Just because it needed to be said again.


  12. #12

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    The movie made me cry too. I also saw the movie twice in the theatre. I think that was the last time I saw a movie twice in the theatre.



    Just because it needed to be said again.


    Lilo & Stitch fans unite! LOL

  13. #13

    • On Autopilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    On the Axiom
    Posts
    515

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    I liked the movie, but it's nowhere near my top five list (Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Cinderella)

    I became irked at all the Stitch merchandise I saw when I was down there, although I do have a soft spot for the lil' fellow when he's not being marketed up the heezy



  14. #14

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    You think he would though since Disney and Dreamworks are against each other? Would be like a Benedict Arnold thing, no?
    They're professional competitors. After nearly 20 years with Disney, who would you think would be more hurt by his having been removed from a project close to his heart - Chris Sanders or anyone else on the planet.

    'Lilo & Stitch' was a very unique creation for Walt Disney Pictures. It featured a modern take on it's traditional inclusions ( a lonely young outsider, dead parent(s), beautiful setting ) with an American location, it's gorgeous watercolor-influenced imagery and even utilized Elvis' music in a non-obnoxious and reverent way. Small touches such as depicting Kauai's Kilauea Lighthouse and working in the island treat of shave ice were great.
    And this film was a huge success for not just the studio but The Walt Disney Company. None of this could be classified under medicore.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

  15. #15

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

    Ah, I feel like watching the movie now.

    I love Stitch, as you can see by my username and the name of my car but I too get annoyed with all the merchandise they have of him at DL. I am in no way burned out on him but I just wish they didn't have so much stuff of him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lilo & Stitch Breakfast at PP
    By Nor Cal Tinkfan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 09:31 AM
  2. Lilo And Stitch 2 now out!
    By stitch101 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2005, 03:02 PM
  3. 2D Animation Department Moves up North
    By Liquidspaceman in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 09:17 PM
  4. Lilo And Stitch 2!!!!!!!!
    By stitch101 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 09:10 PM
  5. Lilo And Stitch Ride
    By stitch'sgreatescape101 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 05:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •