Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

Jeffrey Katzenberg snags another one.
    Chris Sanders who left Disney after struggles over the upcoming animated film, 'American Dog' has been hired to direct DreamWorks Animation's, 'Crood Awakenings'. Sanders had concieved the original idea for Walt Disney Pictures' 'Lilo & Stitch', co-wrote and co-directed the film. He also supplied the voice of 'Stitch' himself.

See more on this story at:
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: 'Lilo & Stitch' Director Sanders moves to DreamWorks Animation

Very very interesting. I have YET to like a Dreamworks animation picture aside from Prince of Egypt and Sinbad. Oh and the aardman animation doesn't count.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

This sucks. Bring him back to Disney. His movie was a hit.

• I was deleted.

This is quite sad. Saunders helped to create Disney's last 2D help and he was VERY supportive of his character in the many ways Disney used it since.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    This is quite sad. Saunders helped to create Disney's last 2D help and he was VERY supportive of his character in the many ways Disney used it since.
    Thats the problem. He liked that they were overmilking the charecter. Lilo & Stitch was a mediocre film and I hate how just beacuse it was better than most of the garbage Disney was pumping out at the time (treasure planet, home on the range, etc.) that automatically makes it a "classic".

• Huh?

Wait... you have 626 in your user name but think that the movie was mediocre? Splain please.
    -Tim

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Thats the problem. He liked that they were overmilking the charecter. Lilo & Stitch was a mediocre film and I hate how just beacuse it was better than most of the garbage Disney was pumping out at the time (treasure planet, home on the range, etc.) that automatically makes it a "classic".
    Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    Wait... you have 626 in your user name but think that the movie was mediocre? Splain please.
    That's what I'm saying. That movie made me cry when I saw it in the theatres. Mediocre my ***. It was a new type of film that added real elements of having a "broken" family as the main set of characters and we saw their struggles trying to survive as a family and overcome the challenges. If you see the movie for everything it was and not just a cute little furball character that was an alien trying to be a dog and other aliens looking for it, it's a very touching movie. I'm really bummed that he left for Dreamworks. So does this mean the whole Lilo & Stitch franchise is now dead since the creator and voice of Stitch is no longer with Disney?

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    So does this mean the whole Lilo & Stitch franchise is now dead since the creator and voice of Stitch is no longer with Disney?
    No. He created it, but he doesn't own the rights to it.

Most likely, he'll still be called back whenever voice work and such is needed.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    No. He created it, but he doesn't own the rights to it.

Most likely, he'll still be called back whenever voice work and such is needed.
    You think he would though since Disney and Dreamworks are against each other? Would be like a Benedict Arnold thing, no?

• Huh?

You think he would though since Disney and Dreamworks are against each other? Would be like a Benedict Arnold thing, no?
    Not necessarily. He has an attachment to the character. Unless the contract he says states that he cannot go and do the voice work whenever needed (which I doubt will be very often... I don't think there's much being done with new Stitch vocals lately).
    -Tim

•   
    • So fetch

That's what I'm saying. That movie made me cry when I saw it in the theatres. Mediocre my ***. It was a new type of film that added real elements of having a "broken" family as the main set of characters and we saw their struggles trying to survive as a family and overcome the challenges. If you see the movie for everything it was and not just a cute little furball character that was an alien trying to be a dog and other aliens looking for it, it's a very touching movie. I'm really bummed that he left for Dreamworks. So does this mean the whole Lilo & Stitch franchise is now dead since the creator and voice of Stitch is no longer with Disney?

The movie made me cry too. I also saw the movie twice in the theatre. I think that was the last time I saw a movie twice in the theatre.

Mediocre my ***
    Just because it needed to be said again.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    The movie made me cry too. I also saw the movie twice in the theatre. I think that was the last time I saw a movie twice in the theatre.

Just because it needed to be said again.

Lilo & Stitch fans unite! LOL

• On Autopilot

I liked the movie, but it's nowhere near my top five list (Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Cinderella)

I became irked at all the Stitch merchandise I saw when I was down there, although I do have a soft spot for the lil' fellow when he's not being marketed up the heezy

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

They're professional competitors. After nearly 20 years with Disney, who would you think would be more hurt by his having been removed from a project close to his heart - Chris Sanders or anyone else on the planet.

'Lilo & Stitch' was a very unique creation for Walt Disney Pictures. It featured a modern take on it's traditional inclusions ( a lonely young outsider, dead parent(s), beautiful setting ) with an American location, it's gorgeous watercolor-influenced imagery and even utilized Elvis' music in a non-obnoxious and reverent way. Small touches such as depicting Kauai's Kilauea Lighthouse and working in the island treat of shave ice were great.
    And this film was a huge success for not just the studio but The Walt Disney Company. None of this could be classified under medicore.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Ah, I feel like watching the movie now.

I love Stitch, as you can see by my username and the name of my car but I too get annoyed with all the merchandise they have of him at DL. I am in no way burned out on him but I just wish they didn't have so much stuff of him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast